Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Easy, almost-guaranteed way to spawn Jimmy Jenkins =3

This is a discussion on Easy, almost-guaranteed way to spawn Jimmy Jenkins =3 within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by ferretbusiness i dont believe all those tips are necessary, since i didnt have the mission set to ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i dont believe all those tips are necessary, since i didnt have the mission set to active and didnt wait upon entering the room and i still got 3 loot bots to spawn including a jenkins amd then went back after finishing the area and got two more loot bots to pop out even though i accidentally got one of the doctors orders logs, i think its more about those four cardboard boxes than anything else, number of people and missions completed dont seem to have any effect for me
    I somewhat believe this as well because i did it solo and got jenkins to spawn.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Do I need to be at the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve? Or can it be anywhere?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is great and all, but I've tried this at least 50 times and he hasn't spawned once. I don't think just because it spawns robots means theres a greater chance that Jenkins will spawn. Fuck gearbox for this bullshit challenge.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i occasionally go back through the wildlife area and spawn at least 3 loot bots from the boxes but have only seen jenkins twice, i feel very lucky that i got him on my first run through of the area

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Do I need to be at the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve? Or can it be anywhere?
    Jenkins can be found in any Hyperion ammo crates, so not just in the Wildlife Preserve but also in Opportunity and such. However, this quest just improves your chances of finding Jenkins as you get to spawn multiple loot loaders at any one time, one of the random types being Jenkins itself.

Quote Originally Posted by iWiNJeWLoSe View Post
    This is great and all, but I've tried this at least 50 times and he hasn't spawned once. I don't think just because it spawns robots means theres a greater chance that Jenkins will spawn. Fuck gearbox for this bullshit challenge.
    Yes, there are 5 different types of loot loaders and Jenkins is one of those 5 types so it is entirely random whether he will spawn for you. Just keep trying and you will eventually get him! At least, in this quest, you get FOUR chances to spawn Jenkins out of five different types of loot loaders, instead of wasting time trying to open chests in Opportunity without much luck. Good luck! =3

i occasionally go back through the wildlife area and spawn at least 3 loot bots from the boxes but have only seen jenkins twice, i feel very lucky that i got him on my first run through of the area
    Yes, you were very lucky. Some people, not so. I hope this quest will help more people to spawn Jenkins and save them hours of frustration.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

worked about the 4th try I didnt have the doc orders mission selected and I was solo but who cares it works. I was having issues with the jet looters cause they fly away when reloading and mess everything up cause the next box wont contain a looter if you dont kill the previous one first lol! Either way thanks for the great tip.

Lvl 6 - Silver

GREAT info!!! Only took 3 or 4 runs to get him to appear. Popped the trophy last night. Thanks for the info!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    the next box wont contain a looter if you dont kill the previous one first
    not true, i popped two at once cuz i was just testing the boxes out and opened all four right in a row, double turrets put them both down hard

PRO Member

not true, i popped two at once cuz i was just testing the boxes out and opened all four right in a row, double turrets put them both down hard
    Gotcha yea I wasnt sure because the 2 Times I had one get away I didnt get another one to spawn after for that trip.Must have just been a bad spawn run.

Lvl 4 - Silver

yes they do I'd go up to the boxes set my two turrets down and watched the rape as I opened the boxes. Also I finally got him using this message along with the trophy damn finding that elusive bastard.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

illegal in 9 countries

i dont believe all those tips are necessary, since i didnt have the mission set to active and didnt wait upon entering the room and i still got 3 loot bots to spawn including a jenkins amd then went back after finishing the area and got two more loot bots to pop out even though i accidentally got one of the doctors orders logs, i think its more about those four cardboard boxes than anything else, number of people and missions completed dont seem to have any effect for me
    I've done 3 solo runs on the cardboard boxes and in each run, 3 loot bots / midgets popped out. No Jenkins yet, but the spawn in consistent.

I picked up 1/4 notes too (damn 12 slag container mission messed with me ), but not the one in the cardboard boxes. That may be why I'm only getting 3 looters in the boxes, or it may be completely unrelated.

For anyone else doing this mission, there seems to be no need to backtrack if you pick up the other 3 notes, but each one picked up *might* reduce your odds of getting a spawn.

[update] 6 runs now, 3 looters each run. No Jenkins yet, but the spawn works

[update #2] first run of the day, 4 looters. Still no Jimmy, but there seems to be no correlation between number of notes picked up and box spawns, at least for the notes not in the cardboard box.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 10-12-2012 at 10:18 PM.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hmm it seems that i can spawn them normally (4, 1 each box) except when i do co-op splitscreen and bring in my main account wich completed all quests, for some reason it wont work if i do that :S. But when i do solo i get to spawn them every time :/

Lvl 9 - Gold

Got Jenkins to spawn on my second time through. Thanks!!
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I've done 3 solo runs on the cardboard boxes and in each run, 3 loot bots / midgets popped out. No Jenkins yet, but the spawn in consistent.

I picked up 1/4 notes too (damn 12 slag container mission messed with me ), but not the one in the cardboard boxes. That may be why I'm only getting 3 looters in the boxes, or it may be completely unrelated.

For anyone else doing this mission, there seems to be no need to backtrack if you pick up the other 3 notes, but each one picked up *might* reduce your odds of getting a spawn.

[update] 6 runs now, 3 looters each run. No Jenkins yet, but the spawn works

[update #2] first run of the day, 4 looters. Still no Jimmy, but there seems to be no correlation between number of notes picked up and box spawns, at least for the notes not in the cardboard box.
    Thanks for your extra insights on this matter! ^o^ Everyone, good luck if you are still hunting for this elusive robot bastard.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 4 - Silver

....I've done about 109 runs through and only found Jimmy twice (both from here) once was in a mates game, one was in mine... I killed him in my game but the challenge didn't count for some f**ked up reason... and now, I haven't seen him since.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Aes Dana

I have tried this about 6 times and not once got Jimmy Jenkins. However the other day i was playing with three people and we were going through thousand cuts just pass the hyperion barrier and Jimmy Jenkins randomly appeared? I didn't get the kill however

since March '09

tried this on TVHM when i finally got to wildlife. worked the absolute first time, and 2 of the next 5 times. basically it works 50% of the time. at least it did for me

PRO Member

I'm on TVHM run-through, I have Doctor's Orders active, but I didn't read this guide before starting the search for JJ. As a result I've picked up 2 of the 4 quest items, now there are no midgets spawning out of the 4 card-board boxes. Does this mean I've screwed up my chance of finding JJ in the Wildlife Preserve? If so, where's the 2nd most common spawn point for him? Finding JJ is the only thing I need to get the damn trophy!

illegal in 9 countries

Try Opportunity. There's a YouTube guide.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Summer holidays :)

I got this randomly in thousand cuts but me and a mate tried this method quite a few times for him and it didn't work. We switched to me (the host) opening the boxes and it worked on our second try, he got Jimmy no problem. Don't know if you have to have the host opening the boxes but thats how it worked for us so anyone having trouble could give that a go

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast