Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Easy, almost-guaranteed way to spawn Jimmy Jenkins =3

This is a discussion on Easy, almost-guaranteed way to spawn Jimmy Jenkins =3 within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Now, as you may have noticed, killing 'Jimmy Jenkins' is one of the Miscellaneous challenges required for the 'Challenge Accepted' ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Easy, almost-guaranteed way to spawn Jimmy Jenkins =3

Now, as you may have noticed, killing 'Jimmy Jenkins' is one of the Miscellaneous challenges required for the 'Challenge Accepted' trophy for Borderlands 2. Where can you find him, you ask? Unfortunately, he is a VERY rare chest spawn, mostly from ammo crates and cardboard boxes.

However, this is a near-guaranteed way to spawn Jenkins within a few runs only, since it ALWAYS spawns 4 loot loaders from 4 cardboard boxes each time when under the RIGHT conditions as below (including TIME condition!):

1) The host of the game must have the Doctor's Orders quest active, and at 0/4 (meaning no quest items picked up yet for that quest); it becomes available from Tannis in Sanctuary upon reaching Wildlife Preservation.
    2) To make runs to the 4 cardboard boxes faster, the host should also have the Creature Slaughter DLC installed.
    3) Simply run from the start of Wildlife Preservation to the Creature Slaughter Dome (aka Natural Selection Annex), if you have the DLC; enter and exit to set the Creature Slaughter Dome as your new reload point, or if you do not have the DLC, you will have to make do with the further start point of Wildlife Preservation.
    4) Run from the Creature Slaughter Dome until you get past the Super Badass Loader guarding the holding cells. In one of those rooms, there is a big chest, some ammo crates... and FOUR cardboard boxes.
    5) Gather your whole party, if more than one player, into the room, and WAIT for at least 1 min or more (this allows the area to finish loading the random 4 loot loaders into the cardboard boxes). If you open the boxes too soon, there will be no loot loaders and no chance to spawn Jimmy Jenkins.
    6) Do not ever pick up the quest item in one of those 4 boxes (for the Doctor's Orders quest), not EVER; otherwise it will make this not work anymore. So simply have the host back up his/her save before doing this first, just in case.
    7) When done right, a loot loader always pops out of each of the 4 boxes, giving you four chances to spawn Jimmy Jenkins out of 5 different types of loot loaders. If no Jenkins yet, reload game.
    8) Repeat Steps 3 to 7, until every player in your party has killed a Jenkin each.

That is all, and good luck! =3 This worked for me and my two friends; 4 loot loaders from 4 cardboard chests each single time. The most important thing to keep in mind is the time condition, as mentioned in Step 5 above!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 5 - Silver

Does this have to be done with 4 people? or could it be accomplished playing single player?

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    Does this have to be done with 4 people? or could it be accomplished playing single player?
    It can be done in single-player or with any party size. And also either on Normal or Hard difficulty. Good luck! =3

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    It can be done in single-player or with any party size. And also either on Normal or Hard difficulty. Good luck! =3
    Theres a difficulty setting? I thought it just got harder if you have more people playing? Because when someone leaves it says *Name* has left your struggle, the creatures of Pandora weaken...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Theres a difficulty setting? I thought it just got harder if you have more people playing? Because when someone leaves it says *Name* has left your struggle, the creatures of Pandora weaken...
    Yes, it is true that enemies get stronger the bigger your party becomes but that is separate from the different difficulties available. Once you complete Normal difficulty, you unlock True Vault Hunter difficulty and when you complete that as well, you unlock Playthrough 2.5 which is when all enemies are level 50+.

Legalize it...

Yes, it is true that enemies get stronger the bigger your party becomes but that is separate from the different difficulties available. Once you complete Normal difficulty, you unlock True Vault Hunter difficulty and when you complete that as well, you unlock Playthrough 2.5 which is when all enemies are level 50+.
    Thats crazy, I didnt know that...

Lvl 6 - Silver

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BzqRbDo-Rbc

this is the method I used that I can verify worked for me. It took me about an hour or so before he spawned for me.

WHO DAT!!!!

i can confirm this, i did it with one other player last night easily, took about 30 mins.....just remember to open all 4 boxes before u save and quit......we were getting 2-3 bots to spawn at a time...tough lil fu@#ers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just worked for me, thanks for the tip! I hadn't finished the Bloodwing mission the first few times i tried and got no loot loaders at all, Decided to finish that mission then go back and first time got 3 loot loaders out of the boxes, Jimmy being the second, then loads of them as i finished off the Doctors Orders mission! Thanks again!

PRO Member

Lol I won't do that, too much hustle I will just play and maybe he will spawn

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 7 - Gold

thanks heaps did it with a mate who was up to that spot we got 3 jimmys out of 7 tries all with 1 bot per box every time, and no we didnt need to kill bloodwing 1st...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Thanks for all your comments and confirmation that this works for you too! I hope this helps more people as well. Spread the word.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Wow, thanks for this tip. I'll definitely make a backup save when I get to this point in the story. If I don't get it by chance, then I can work on it later.

Death to zombies!!

Awesome man got him to spawn second time from doing this and got my trophy

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

not working for me any idea . spawn looters but not the jimmy

WHO DAT!!!!

the way it worked for me was to do it with my bro, i havent gotten the same results in solo. I got a loot bot out of each of the 4 boxes, about the 5th time i got Jimmy spawned....im so glad i got challenge accepted last night
    after u open the fouth box...save and quit, then redo the steps

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by HELIOS View Post
    not working for me any idea . spawn looters but not the jimmy
    You have to repeat until you spawn Jimmy Jenkins, as there are 5 different types of loot loaders, one of them being Jimmy Jenkins himself. Whether you get Jimmy or another type of loot loader is all random but you will eventually spawn him. Just keep at it! =3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You have to repeat until you spawn Jimmy Jenkins, as there are 5 different types of loot loaders, one of them being Jimmy Jenkins himself. Whether you get Jimmy or another type of loot loader is all random but you will eventually spawn him. Just keep at it! =3
    spawn the same 2 looters 15 times now.. lol stupid developments

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi anyone who wants to boost it pls invite me, I hsve already done the sidequest in both playthroughs and need someone who hasn't finished it yet.
    PSN: bobbygo20

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i dont believe all those tips are necessary, since i didnt have the mission set to active and didnt wait upon entering the room and i still got 3 loot bots to spawn including a jenkins amd then went back after finishing the area and got two more loot bots to pop out even though i accidentally got one of the doctors orders logs, i think its more about those four cardboard boxes than anything else, number of people and missions completed dont seem to have any effect for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast