Point blank shotgun kill challenge question

This is a discussion on Point blank shotgun kill challenge question within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; im having trouble w a challenge and need some help. Im trying to get the shotgun point blank kills and ...

WHO DAT!!!!

Point blank shotgun kill challenge question

im having trouble w a challenge and need some help. Im trying to get the shotgun point
    blank kills and my progress has seemed to stop. The status bar on the challenge is about 7/8 full on the 4th level. I have a shotgun that does 1500 x 5 with electrocution. ive even switched to a non elemental gun to try and it doesnt seem to work either. I am lvl 50 comando. does anyone have any insight to this issue? Thanks in advance

Lvl 10 - Platinum

that sucks, thats the last challenge i need and im only about halfway done with it, i would have said maybe the elemental damage was getting the kills instead of the shotgun but since you switched im pretty much stumped, id say try going with another gun

WHO DAT!!!!

this is the last challenge i have to get the trophy too....very annoying cause my elemental shotgun really owns too.....somehow i got to level 4 without even paying attention but now that im tracking it i cant seem to get the progress bar to move!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Have you walked up litterally right into the enemies? it doesnt work if your even a few steps back it felt like it took ages, but i had about 150 kills left and i went back to frostburn canyon with a shotgun and just run up to all the bandits/spiderants and then saved and quit and repeated the last 150 took me hardly any time at all.
    I used an explosive shotgun for mine.
    Have you gotten the splash damage kills with rocket launchers aswell? i totally forgot about that one till i started on shotguns the 3x rocket bandit launchers work pretty awesome for this, all i need is 100 turret and phaselocks and 6 missions of slaughter domes for my platinum now, sucks that my badass rank got reset when showing someone the game with a second controller though i miss those 6-7% bonuses.

WHO DAT!!!!

i got the lvl 5 sniper, and launcher challenges done, jenkins dead, the point blank is all i have left

Lvl 7 - Gold

Are u focusing on the progress bar alone or are u tracking the actual numbers? Probably a stupid question but I'd thought I'd ask it.

Ghost Assassin

Go to the steam and power place in three horns valley and you'll get about 65 kills per run which takes 10mins max. Get a non elemental weapon and run up into the faces of the bandits and shoot them. Quit and reload, repeat. I used this method and this place is the best for it since all the enemies are close to you in the building.

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    Go to the steam and power place in three horns valley and you'll get about 65 kills per run which takes 10mins max. Get a non elemental weapon and run up into the faces of the bandits and shoot them. Quit and reload, repeat. I used this method and this place is the best for it since all the enemies are close to you in the building.

Thanks man I'm headed there now w a crappy 2 shot non elemental that works