best place to spawn a chubby?

This is a discussion on best place to spawn a chubby? within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; one and a half playthroughs and no chubby, up to the creature dome in playthrough 2 and heard its a ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

best place to spawn a chubby?

one and a half playthroughs and no chubby, up to the creature dome in playthrough 2 and heard its a good place to find them, anyone know which wave or round in particular? or any other good place to find them? ive heard caustic caverns, but i absolutely HATE that place

Trophy Guide Grand Master

In the very beginning of Caustic Caverns is a great place...you dont have to go very far in

Check the guide for a reference video

Borderlands 2 Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

RPG Master

Really the best place to find a chubby is anyplace that has a lot of spawns. The first part of the Caustic Caverns is a great spot to farm Varkid since it is right next to the Fast Travel Station. The place that I personally got my chubby and the trophy was during the Bandit Rounds where a Chubby Midget spawned.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Death to zombies!!

I have only ever seen one and that was at the start of Caustic Caverns (same place as the vid in the guide) but have heard of people getting them in round 3 or 4 of the creature dome

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    In the very beginning of Caustic Caverns is a great place...you dont have to go very far in

Check the guide for a reference video

Borderlands 2 Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Really the best place to find a chubby is anyplace that has a lot of spawns. The first part of the Caustic Caverns is a great spot to farm Varkid since it is right next to the Fast Travel Station. The place that I personally got my chubby and the trophy was during the Bandit Rounds where a Chubby Midget spawned.
    thanks for the quick responses fellas, does it help to have multiple people in your party to increase chances of spawning rare creatures? i know i need to kill it if in coop but what about my turret? still count as my kill?

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    thanks for the quick responses fellas, does it help to have multiple people in your party to increase chances of spawning rare creatures? i know i need to kill it if in coop but what about my turret? still count as my kill?
    I didnt have one...I also had a Chubby Stalker spawn at the beginning if Highlands-Outwash

"Tear it all down."

I was farming King Mong in the Eridian Blight and just happened to get a chubby stalker ... didn't seem to take that long and I got some good loot in the process off of King Mong.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Has anyone made a penis joke yet? No? Well then, I believe the best place to spawn one would be in your pants.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    Has anyone made a penis joke yet? No? Well then, I believe the best place to spawn one would be in your pants.
    57 minutes lapsed, not too bad, thought it would have happened faster though

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    57 minutes lapsed, not too bad, thought it would have happened faster though
    I was shocked myself.

Gaming since PONG !

and i was just about to make one ... till i saw yours oh well a hour to late

Lvl 10 - Platinum

still no luck finding one of these fat bastards, almost done with 2nd playthrough, gone through 4 more rounds of creature slaughter dome, tried caustic caverns several times, still nothing, feels like this might be my last trophy since i only need level 50 and terramorphous

Lvl 5 - Silver

I got VERY lucky and found one the very first time I went to the Highlands. I didn't realize they were so hard to find, lol.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

PRO Member

Well they are supposed to appear randomly however if you are TRYING to spawn one I recommend going into Caustic Caverns or Tundra Express and letting the Varkids level up, once they are in a badass pod or super badass pod they have a chance of turning into a chubby instead of the next form in the chain While hunting down Verm the other night two chubby Varkids actually spawned at the same time from two pods, that wasn't very easy on playthrough 2.5

Lvl 10 - Platinum

finally found me a chubby, after farming caustic caverns for an hour or so and no luck and killing a few super badass varkids i decided to head over to tundra express and do the mighty morphin side quest, got that done and soon after finally saw a fatty, threw out my turret and then i realized i might have to kill it myself instead of letting the turret kill it, too late now but apparently turret kills count so im finally done with that trophy, just need 2 more levels and terramorphous for the platinum

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just came here to lol at the title.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

PRO Member

I came across a chubby spiderant fairly early, right in from of Ellie's garage in The Dust. haven't come across another chubby since.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I came across a chubby spiderant fairly early, right in from of Ellie's garage in The Dust. haven't come across another chubby since.
    Same for me I was just gonna post that. if you drive around this area or walk in the back of the garage. it wont be long. I have killed 2 in this area alone while doing side missions good location for this.

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    I would have said "A strip club"