legendary weapons :/

This is a discussion on legendary weapons :/ within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; ok, to start off. I don't know if I had the baddest of lucks or something like that but I ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

legendary weapons :/

ok, to start off. I don't know if I had the baddest of lucks or something like that but I still haven't found a legendary in any of my playthroughs (albeit I haven't finished them). Even in borderlands 1 I NEVER found even a purple weapon, let alone Orange or Pearlescent. And the worst part is that every person I know that has the game has found at least one legendary. Meanwhile, I am stuck with mostly purples at max rarity. I don't know what they do, but I farm as well and I get nothing. This is just so frustrating... Do any of you guys got any tips on how to make it easier or something like that? I want to get them myself, as I like to have the accomplishment, so no trades (besides, I will have nothing to give you -_-)

illegal in 9 countries

Try split-screen with a second controller. The enemy levels are higher and the loot is better.

The other obvious solution is to farm bosses until a legendary drops.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Make sure you have your Vault Hunter's Relic equipped, that's 5% extra chance. And go for The Bee shield off of Hunter Hellquist first. Getting that will make farming for other legendaries much easier.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah just farm hunter helliquist for the bee its quick and he is easy to kill

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

That Southern B****

Have you checked out our guide? It has a section specifically for Legendary stuff, including how to get them.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didnt find any legendaries until my second character i was given a few things to get started with on Zero when i finished playthrough two droprate is alot higher in a group of four and chances are someone already has that item to aswell.

The vault hunters relic is supposed to be not even working according to some people aswell so i prefer to use stuff that gets me kills quicker/cooldown relic or gun bonus relics.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hmm ... I have played a lot with a friend and still haven't been lucky but I'll try to do what you guys are saying. Thanks!
    BTW: Yes, I have seen the guide, which is a very good one in fact, but as I said, I am very unlucky :/
    Oh yeah, and can I farm again for the same item in TVHM?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

HEY um i kinda need the thunderball fist pistol, so if anyone has add me on psn ham159i have 50+ legendary weopons so HOOK ME UP plz thks

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by N_Triple_AAA View Post
    hmm ... I have played a lot with a friend and still haven't been lucky but I'll try to do what you guys are saying. Thanks!
    BTW: Yes, I have seen the guide, which is a very good one in fact, but as I said, I am very unlucky :/
    Oh yeah, and can I farm again for the same item in TVHM?
    You can farm items as much as you want. Like RexHound said, just farm Hunter Hellquist, I've received 3 bee shields from him playing alone. In TVHM the items will be a higher level, but I wouldn't farm anything until you're level 50, that way the items dropped will be level 50 as well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by whitestormy View Post
    You can farm items as much as you want. Like RexHound said, just farm Hunter Hellquist, I've received 3 bee shields from him playing alone. In TVHM the items will be a higher level, but I wouldn't farm anything until you're level 50, that way the items dropped will be level 50 as well.
    ok dude, thank you, will try

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by whitestormy View Post
    No that's not accurate. You have to get to level 50, complete True Vault Hunter Mode to scale all the enemies to your level (50) and then farm level 50 rare weapons. Loot drops are always around the same level of the enemy you defeated. E.g. Your level 50 and you kill a level 25 enemy. Any drop will be levels 24-26. That's why you have to scale the enemies to your level 1st.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow_Mick89 View Post
    No that's not accurate. You have to get to level 50, complete True Vault Hunter Mode to scale all the enemies to your level (50) and then farm level 50 rare weapons. Loot drops are always around the same level of the enemy you defeated. E.g. Your level 50 and you kill a level 25 enemy. Any drop will be levels 24-26. That's why you have to scale the enemies to your level 1st.
    You're right, but he did say he plays mostly alone or with a friend. I did the same and didn't hit level 50 until I got to the Hero's Pass, and that was playing TVHM with a friend, and farming weapons and badass ranks, and power-leveling my siren to level 20. So while it's true enemies drop items around their level, if he continues to play alone, or even with his friend, he should be very close to finishing TVHM when he hits level 50. Hell, he might even finish TVHM and not be to level 50 yet.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I am level 50 on my 2.5 play through and only got a level 49 baby maker last night
    Mint sig by In2 & Mint Avy by Abstract

Crocodile Hunter

I have pretty much every legendary weapon so yeah i dunno

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

After farming the warrior for 2 hours i FINALLY got him to drop the conference call shot gun. Not exactly sure though cause it was underneath the body and i couldnt get it. I was sooooo pissed. I assume it was the conference call cause ive seen pictures.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've on my TVHM playthrough and I am halfway through. But I have already found like 4 legendary shields. No weapons. And the worst part is they're under-leveled -_-

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by N_Triple_AAA View Post
    I've on my TVHM playthrough and I am halfway through. But I have already found like 4 legendary shields. No weapons. And the worst part is they're under-leveled -_-
    At least you found some legendary items either way, some of the legendary items are really overpowered and they kinda take away the challenge of the game (Bee + Conference call, I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

I practically found all of my legendary items from chests... So if you're having a hard time farming a certain boss/enemy, try doing loot runs.

If that still fails, look for Badasses and Super Badasses. They are programmed to drop superior loot.

Also, if you find a Goliath with a treasure chest in its back, let him level to a God-liath and most of the time, the loot will be a legendary. (I've done it 4 times and got a legendary 3 times.. and 3/4 is a good ratio considering how hard they are to find)

Don't stress, you'll find some eventually... and usually, they start popping up when you stop looking for them lol

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    At least you found some legendary items either way, some of the legendary items are really overpowered and they kinda take away the challenge of the game (Bee + Conference call, I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

I practically found all of my legendary items from chests... So if you're having a hard time farming a certain boss/enemy, try doing loot runs.

If that still fails, look for Badasses and Super Badasses. They are programmed to drop superior loot.

Also, if you find a Goliath with a treasure chest in its back, let him level to a God-liath and most of the time, the loot will be a legendary. (I've done it 4 times and got a legendary 3 times.. and 3/4 is a good ratio considering how hard they are to find)

Don't stress, you'll find some eventually... and usually, they start popping up when you stop looking for them lol
    Tell me me about it >.>... This one time I basically said: "F*ck it!" I'm searching later. Then I immediately find a chubby and it gives me the legendary shield... This sucks, but I'll try the goliath thing. But only if they weren't so hard to kill o.o