View Poll Results: Should the Bee be Nurfed

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 5.88%
  • No

    32 94.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

The Bee

This is a discussion on The Bee within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Why do people constantly complain about the power level of this sheild? Yes I have 4 that I have got ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Reputation
    0

    The Bee

    Why do people constantly complain about the power level of this sheild? Yes I have 4 that I have got on my own and to me it makes the game fun to use something of that power level. If people see it as "unfair" than dont use it. This isnt a pvp game at all so how does it affect you what someone else can do??? Are you just mad you dont have one or is there truely a reason for nurfing such an item? The creators of the game have allowed this sheild to exist after extensive testing and even 2 DLC's so it would seem its hear to stay. Go fight Hyperious with out one i bet 1 in 100 people can make it out alive and I know from expirence dying a million times isn't fun. Its frustrating and it makes people not want to play.

    So my question should the Bee be nurffed and why?

  2. #2
    PRO Member
    Broken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    273
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Why do people constantly complain about the power level of this sheild? Yes I have 4 that I have got on my own and to me it makes the game fun to use something of that power level. If people see it as "unfair" than dont use it. This isnt a pvp game at all so how does it affect you what someone else can do??? Are you just mad you dont have one or is there truely a reason for nurfing such an item? The creators of the game have allowed this sheild to exist after extensive testing and even 2 DLC's so it would seem its hear to stay. Go fight Hyperious with out one i bet 1 in 100 people can make it out alive and I know from expirence dying a million times isn't fun. Its frustrating and it makes people not want to play.

    So my question should the Bee be nurffed and why?
    First off the Bee shield is WAYYYY overpowered. I am not saying it should be nerfed I am just pointing that out to start with. Second off I can kill Hyperius in 6 seconds flat which is 9 seconds faster then I can kill Terramorphus at 15 seconds so using Hyperius as a reference isn't exactly the right road to go down, now if you said Master Gee it would be different.

    Second off, no, I don't think the Bee shield should be nerfed but when it is then oh well I enjoyed it while it lasted. There are only two enemies unaffected by the Bee and they seem to be Verm and Master Gee. With or without the shield both of those enemies are rather difficult to defeat solo. I don't think the shield should be nerfed but instead tell the people, don't like it, don't use it....Don't like people coming into your game and using it? set your matches to private, friends using it? tell them to stop or don't play with them causse if what they use ruins your experience then you shouldn't be playing with them. I have played with new people and when we get to a boss I would always ask, you want me to sit this one out or take the boss out in a few hits? then I do as they request because its not my game.

    The Bee shield in my opinion is necessary for farming legendary items. They are hard enough to get to drop from bosses and that alone could take hours, now imagine having to fight the boss by the crybabies' standards and having the same drop rate. It would take 10 times as long and people would get sick of the farming and move onto another game.If it weren't for the Bee I wouldn't have most of the shit I farmed for only because I would rather waste my time playing something else.

    Besides Randy Pitchford already announced after watching a video of someone taking down Terra in 15 seconds that he was without a doubt nerfing the Bee Shield AND the Conference Call Shotguns, sorry to be the bearer of the bad news.

    Don't want it done? protest saying if they nerf the items they are gonna end up nerfing the community numbers as well at the same time.

  3. #3
    Ghost Assassin
    Danko1900's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Crimson Raiders HQ
    Posts
    828
    Reputation
    13

    If the drop rates were like Borderlands 1, then people wouldn't mind as much, but in Borderlands 2, it can take forever before you get it. Now imagine killing that SoB terramorphous 50 times on your own without the bee shield and not getting a legendary. That's a lot of hard work for absolutely nothing. Would you get tired of wasting your time and move onto another game? I know I would, at least until the next DLC came out.

  4. #4
    Legalize it...
    JDizzle0420's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,255
    Reputation
    294

    Damn I want one? I have a Conference Call gun and its not all that special IMO.

  5. #5
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    I reckon it should be nerfed because the game promotes co-op & working together as a team but the bee promotes being a one man/woman powerhouse. I still don't have one as the only 3 enemies that have dropped a orange spoil for me has been Terra (Zero ClassMod *Sold*) , Warrior (Sniper) & King Mong (RLauncher) But i'm happy with the stuff I have & I couldn't be bothered farming for other spoils but if I get a Bee without farming it I will use it until I find something I want to use more (I like Roid Shields myself).

    I had this guy join my game the other day & he dropped a shitload of Orange Spoils so I quit my game straight away & it saved both mine & his game. Now his shitty with me as he lost everything he had when it saved but hey if he wasn't trying to cheat the game he wouldn't have gotten screwed over.


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  6. #6
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    hartdogg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    1

    i don't think it should be... but that's only because i JUST finally got one to drop!
    Last edited by hartdogg; 10-31-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: can't spell.

  7. #7
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,163
    Reputation
    24

    I don't think so. It's part of the game, it doesn't affect anyones online experience, and it's something the testers should've seen coming. They made it that way to begin with. Plus, it's hard to get drops the way things are.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  8. #8
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Waystedyou's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,258
    Reputation
    27

    The only thing wrong with it is guns that fire multiple shots, it amps every single one, thats what gearbox proposed to nerf with it, the fact it amps entire shotgun pellets and weapons that fire like 10 rounds at once.



  9. #9
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Nerfs only work if you install the patch

    It's intended as an end-game farming weapon. Leave it as is.

  10. #10
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    137
    Reputation
    3

    I got it. I needed it. So I used it. I had extremely underpowered weapons and crap shields. Or maybe I was just unlucky all the way through the game getting 1 hit downed all the time. But without The Bee, my plat would have been overly prolonged. The online community are unreliable greedy little losers who grab everything in sight, even if they don't need them. So farming anything in online was extremely difficult. For me at least. I'm a nice guy. I let people get things that they need and I don't. I even gave a kid who's server I joined have a chunk of my money just because he asked. I joined a Terramorpheous farming server and we got a number of orange mods. I already had 1 so every time I spotted 1, I would fire to get the other guys attentions and then fire at the mod. So they can have them. That's just how I play. But I only got the same treatment once in online play by a guy who would give me good guns to help me through his server easier. They really helped me later on. So I added him.

    So what I'm trying to say is... The online community for Borderlands 2 absolutely suck. Actually it's the same with any game these days because the gamers are getting younger or they just don't know how to show any respect for another person. Petty little infants. I could rant about the online community all day long but I won't lol.

    My advice? Get The Bee shield if your aiming for the platinum trophy and playing solo. Because you will find fights like Terramorpheous impossible. Actually even that won't be enough. Get a few friends or post somewhere here if you need people to help you out. But don't stress yourself out trying to farm good weapons. I tried. I was rarely rewarded with anything worth while. Never got any of the better weapons. I did everything with standard weapons. It was murder.

  11. #11
    PRO Member
    Broken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    273
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I reckon it should be nerfed because the game promotes co-op & working together as a team but the bee promotes being a one man/woman powerhouse. I still don't have one as the only 3 enemies that have dropped a orange spoil for me has been Terra (Zero ClassMod *Sold*) , Warrior (Sniper) & King Mong (RLauncher) But i'm happy with the stuff I have & I couldn't be bothered farming for other spoils but if I get a Bee without farming it I will use it until I find something I want to use more (I like Roid Shields myself).

    I had this guy join my game the other day & he dropped a shitload of Orange Spoils so I quit my game straight away & it saved both mine & his game. Now his shitty with me as he lost everything he had when it saved but hey if he wasn't trying to cheat the game he wouldn't have gotten screwed over.

    Well what about the people that don't have the luxury of online play? Would you like to go up against terra solo with basic weapons and basic shields on TVHM? I really doubt it because you get one hit by him and if you don't have the best equipment you are going to be there for hours as he keeps gaining his health back.

    And what you did was still fucked up regardless if he was trying to break the game. Sure he was trying to duplicate shit to you or whatnot but at the same time he thought he was helping you, now what if that guy legitimately farmed hundreds of hours into those weapons and you fucked him? People like you are the reason I won't play online with random people, no respect or anything. You could have let him quit out and if you didn't want the shit then leave it there and don't bother with it, then report him to Gearbox and let THEM take action into their hands instead of trying to be the police of the borderlands servers.

  12. #12
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Really the only bad component about the shield is when it's combined with the Conference Call, because it makes things too easy. Just nerf that set together and I'd be okay with it. People could still farm bosses with other weapons and the Bee, it'd just still retain a certain amount of difficulty to keep players interested in more than just getting better loot.

    However, seeing as that could force upon people something they wouldn't enjoy (getting better loot is generally what keeps me coming back, along with co-op) I think a good idea would be to reward the shield as a guaranteed item you get for beating the game. Beating Terra/The Warrior the first time around gives you one that scales to your current level (probably around 30 or so, without power-leveling) so in order to get the level 50 one you'd need to complete TVHM. This would retain the game's difficulty up until the point where you've now beaten the game twice, so now you can go farming bosses all you want since there's technically nothing lost in terms of enjoying the game through it's difficulty. You can then farm at your leisure.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  13. #13
    PRO Member
    Broken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    273
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Really the only bad component about the shield is when it's combined with the Conference Call, because it makes things too easy. Just nerf that set together and I'd be okay with it. People could still farm bosses with other weapons and the Bee, it'd just still retain a certain amount of difficulty to keep players interested in more than just getting better loot.

    However, seeing as that could force upon people something they wouldn't enjoy (getting better loot is generally what keeps me coming back, along with co-op) I think a good idea would be to reward the shield as a guaranteed item you get for beating the game. Beating Terra/The Warrior the first time around gives you one that scales to your current level (probably around 30 or so, without power-leveling) so in order to get the level 50 one you'd need to complete TVHM. This would retain the game's difficulty up until the point where you've now beaten the game twice, so now you can go farming bosses all you want since there's technically nothing lost in terms of enjoying the game through it's difficulty. You can then farm at your leisure.
    Umm the only way to get a level 50 Bee Shield is to complete the game on TVHM and have it on playthrough 2.5 and farm for it there :stare:

    And P.S. the Bee shield is in combo with any shotgun or any weapon altogether that does "x?" damage not only the conference call, that one is just the most commonly used with the Bee.

  14. #14
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I had this guy join my game the other day & he dropped a shitload of Orange Spoils so I quit my game straight away & it saved both mine & his game. Now his shitty with me as he lost everything he had when it saved but hey if he wasn't trying to cheat the game he wouldn't have gotten screwed over.
    that's pretty F'd up man. i thought you were cooler than that. like broken said maybe he was just trying to help you out and give you cool stuff. if you didn't want it then you could have just left it there. you didn't have to screw him out of his stuff man. that's really not cool. if he wants to glitch the game that's fine. it's his game how does that affect you. i'm disappointed in you.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  15. #15
    Gothams Silent Protector
    LimeSamurai's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    24

    Borderlands IS and has always been about better loot. The main attraction to the game is not story, if you say it is you must be high.

    Its always about opening boxes, or killing enemies for a chance that they would drop better loot. Which is why Broken and I spent weeks playing everyday farming legendaries.

    Nerfing the Bee because its over powered is kinda stupid imo. Its already a bitch and a half to get, and its a legendary. So yes its supposed to be a lot stronger than its purple/e-tec counterpart. They are supposed to make you super duper powerful, otherwise why the hell have them. Just make them like Seraph weapons then, for collection. The amount of time you spend farming for crystals to buy them is a waste because they are garbage with the exception of the relic and one shield.

    If you have issues with people using it, ask em not too.

    Dont cry and moan and have shit nerfed because you don't like it and ruin it for everyone.

    GDT. Thats not even something to be slightly proud or happy about. If he had spent all the time farming weapons and decided to be nice and give you some and you make him lose all his stuff, that's really ass thing to do. You shouldnt have picked up, its that simple.

    Jack, get off your all knowing high horse. If you think I didnt see when I was helping Ramon kill Terra for his quests on Normal and TVHM and the one time Ramon died and Terra dropped Slayer of Terra Siren mod and The Pitchfork sniper I didnt see you take em both without telling anyone, despite the fact I called out on in in the CB and you ignored me, I really wouldnt talk about being fair in the game. You were an assassin, why the hell would you need a Siren mod, when Ramon didnt even have one. The Sniper you just grabbed when there were 3 people in the game that killed Terra, not just you, which is funny because you died every single time when we were up against him. I pretty much killed Terra on my own each time because lets face it. I stood out for 2 minutes and you two didnt do any damage till I came in, so in essence if anyone were to pick up that sniper it would have been me.





  16. #16
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    And P.S. the Bee shield is in combo with any shotgun or any weapon altogether that does "x?" damage not only the conference call, that one is just the most commonly used with the Bee.
    I'm aware, but as you said it's most effective with the Conference Call for reasons I'm sure you're aware of. I've tried it with other level 50 weapons and legendaries, and even though it's of course adding a ton of damage, it's not going to be able to one-shot everything in the game (like Terra, as I've seen you do, can be downed in 5 seconds, whereas it takes a few minutes with any other weapon and the Bee)

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    Jack, get off your all knowing high horse. If you think I didnt see when I was helping Ramon kill Terra for his quests on Normal and TVHM and the one time Ramon died and Terra dropped Slayer of Terra Siren mod and The Pitchfork sniper I didnt see you take em both without telling anyone, despite the fact I called out on in in the CB and you ignored me, I really wouldnt talk about being fair in the game. You were an assassin, why the hell would you need a Siren mod, when Ramon didnt even have one. The Sniper you just grabbed when there were 3 people in the game that killed Terra, not just you, which is funny because you died every single time when we were up against him. I pretty much killed Terra on my own each time because lets face it. I stood out for 2 minutes and you two didnt do any damage till I came in, so in essence if anyone were to pick up that sniper it would have been me.
    Why so hostile? I'm sorry for coming off as 'on a high horse', but it's not like you, Broken, Davey, etc are the only ones who can voice their opinions about weapons in the game. I've put 100+ hours into the game, so it's not like I'm not knowledgable about the game.

    I didn't notice your messages about me picking up loot in the CB, so I swear to god I didn't ignore you. I picked up the Siren mod because I was under the impression he already had one and I'm currently power-leveling a Siren so I could use it later on. The sniper I picked up because I'm an assassin and assassins use snipers. Though it's a Legendary it was actually underpowered anyway. I would've let you guys know, but I didn't have a mic so I couldn't at the moment. If Ramon wants the items, all he has to do is ask.

    I'm sorry, but is it not hypocritical of you to tell me to "get off my high horse" while you yourself are sitting upon yours?

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  17. #17
    PRO Member
    Broken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    273
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I'm aware, but as you said it's most effective with the Conference Call for reasons I'm sure you're aware of. I've tried it with other level 50 weapons and legendaries, and even though it's of course adding a ton of damage, it's not going to be able to one-shot everything in the game (like Terra, as I've seen you do, can be downed in 5 seconds, whereas it takes a few minutes with any other weapon and the Bee)
    Not to be "That guy" or anything dude but there is a combo more deadly then Conference Call and Bee and it is the Baby Maker and Bee.

    When you reload -1 bullet you are amping damage on 31 bullets and not only does it explode once but twice so theoretically it is amping the 31 bullets not once but twice so casuals can keep using the Conference Calls while the Elite move on to the Baby Maker

  18. #18
    Gothams Silent Protector
    LimeSamurai's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    24

    Whatever the case maybe, you dont go around picking shit up if they are legendaries. Even if you did, you should have gone into the CB and been like 'Hey, I picked up a legendary siren mod and sniper, anyone need em' Not, pick them up and continue playing as if nothing happened.

    Just because you are an assassin, doesnt mean all snipers are automatically yours, unless I missed the memo. My Siren, my Assassin and my My mechromancer all use snipers as their main weapon. By your logic, all Gunzerkers get all the shotguns, sirens all the smgs, and commando's all the assault rifles and mechromancers get pistols or rockets.

    Im not on my high horse, if I were I would have let you two deal with Terra on your own because gearwise and skillwise you guys are inferior. I also could have said that I dont help people who havent platted the game already. Cept I 100%'d the game, otherwise am tired of playing it because I played so long, but I decided to break my ' wont play BL2 till the new dlc comes out ' rule and help you both, just to have you jack( no pun intended ) all the stuff. You could of had it, no problem, just get on the cb and ask if no one else wants it. Ramon never even knew about them until i messaged him, I didnt even get a chance to look at that sniper and examine its stats, let alone because that was the first time I had seen him drop it.





  19. #19
    Digital Terror
    djunglist's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hellmouth, Earths Moon
    Posts
    825
    Reputation
    277

    id like to keep my bee


  20. #20
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    Whatever the case maybe, you dont go around picking shit up if they are legendaries. Even if you did, you should have gone into the CB and been like 'Hey, I picked up a legendary siren mod and sniper, anyone need em' Not, pick them up and continue playing as if nothing happened.

    Just because you are an assassin, doesnt mean all snipers are automatically yours, unless I missed the memo. My Siren, my Assassin and my My mechromancer all use snipers as their main weapon. By your logic, all Gunzerkers get all the shotguns, sirens all the smgs, and commando's all the assault rifles and mechromancers get pistols or rockets.

    Im not on my high horse, if I were I would have let you two deal with Terra on your own because gearwise and skillwise you guys are inferior. I also could have said that I dont help people who havent platted the game already. Cept I 100%'d the game, otherwise am tired of playing it because I played so long, but I decided to break my ' wont play BL2 till the new dlc comes out ' rule and help you both, just to have you jack( no pun intended ) all the stuff. You could of had it, no problem, just get on the cb and ask if no one else wants it. Ramon never even knew about them until i messaged him, I didnt even get a chance to look at that sniper and examine its stats, let alone because that was the first time I had seen him drop it.
    Well my apologies on the drops, though you don't need to be as sour as a lime (pun intended) about it. If you really care about the stats, it did 13k damage, fired 5 shots at once (cost 5 ammo per shot) in a horizontal-ish pattern.

    However, you're still being elitist about it. I don't care if you're not being a prick about who you play with, it's still hypocritical of you to say that you can be super-elitist-person and I can't.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO