Single person Duping Method

This is a discussion on Single person Duping Method within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; So in the past few minutes, an idea had popped into my head; an epiphany as you may call it. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Single person Duping Method

So in the past few minutes, an idea had popped into my head; an epiphany as you may call it. As I wanted to dupe some items but no one was on, I conjured up a thought to how I may dupe on my own. Now, if you wish to do this, you will NEED two controllers. (Also, if anyone else tries this, please confirm) It is very simple: 1.Have your main character set up and figure out which weapon or item you'd wish to duplicate. 2.Turn on your second controller and load in a second character in your file to activate the Splitscreen play. 3.Trade the item from the MAIN character to the SECONDARY character. 4.Press START on the MAIN controller and proceed to the leave the game as the SECONDARY character; leaving the MAIN character alone again (As long as the SECONDARY character is leaving only, the game will only save for that file and not saving for the MAIN character) 5.Once the saving is done and you have the MAIN character alone, quit straight to the main PS3 menu without saving (as you would do while duping with someone else) 6.Open the game and load the same MAIN character to see if you still have the weapon/item and load the SECONDARY character to check for the same weapon/item.

If all has been done correctly you should the same copy of the weapon/item on both characters without any hitches

TL;DR: Forever Alone Dupe Method>Have 2 controllers>Start splitscreen w/ 2 Chars.>Trade weapon/item from Main to Secondary>Only Secondary leaves and saves>Main goes straight to PS3 menu w/o save>Go back on and check both chars. for weapon/item

Lvl 9 - Gold

I thought it would be possible but ive never tried it, i thought it saves for both characters at all times when it saves/you leave a game but not sure i rarely play splitscreened.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I don't like duping & don't condone it, it's pointless as there is an abundance of rare loot.

But I can guarantee this method of yours works (with money at least) I have been using a method I like to call the "dormant character technique" & I had just given my secondary character my money & pulled them out of the game & went to continue with my game but we lost power before it saved again so when I got the power back & reloaded my game both characters had the same amount of cash.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I thought it would save for both too but it just saves for one file. When I found that out, I pretty much figured out that I could do this

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by 808Solo View Post
    I thought it would save for both too but it just saves for one file. When I found that out, I pretty much figured out that I could do this

Huh.. well thats strange it still suprises me gearbox overlooked people doing this in multiplayer games since it was so prevalent in the first game and

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Who knows, maybe they leave it there for a reason?