Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New patch coming that weakens The Bee

This is a discussion on New patch coming that weakens The Bee within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Looks like all you whiney bitches that wanted it nerfed are getting your wish to an extent. It's also supposed ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

New patch coming that weakens The Bee

Looks like all you whiney bitches that wanted it nerfed are getting your wish to an extent. It's also supposed to restore some of your badass ranks if you've lost them as well as fixing the game crashing upon beating Master Gee. DETfan, I'm looking at u.

PC Patch v1.2.0 - The Gearbox Software Forums

Prayer Warrior

well that's a bunch of bull shit. that sucks.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Ice Cream Firefighter

I am one of those people & this news does please me. From the mouth of Randy Pitchford the Bee will be getting nerfed but in what way hasn't been decided yet. So it might not be a power reduction but increase the amp drain. Who knows!
    EDIT: I just read a few of the posts & it seems they have only increased the recharge rate of the shield

Want an un-nerfed shield afterwards. Uninstall the game data, reinstall it but don't go online. If you want a full 4 player game think about a 2nd PS3 & a LAN set-up

I will admit though Timo & Myself beat Hyperius last night with the help of the Bee/Baby Combo & then we couldn't even dent Gee's Health/Armour even with the combo

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Crocodile Hunter

Its for PC remind me why i should care?

And I already have the so i dnt need to play BL2 again

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Its for PC remind me why i should care?

And I already have the so i dnt need to play BL2 again
    "These changes will also be coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in future updates."

Lvl 8 - Gold

not happy about the bee but im sure it will still be usable.
    gee is all about survival, weapons dont do much its the acid that gets him which is why you can do it solo (like i did!) its a cheap method but he's a cheap boss.
    get him to walk over 1 acid pool then hide behind the rock and wait, the acid will do the rest dont kill anymore worms as the acid will kill you (takes above an hour!)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Kind of glad, it surely took the challenge out of tackling the Invincibles?
    Trophy wise, i beat Terramorphus in a group without it ( it wasn't exactly a quick battle ), Hyperius and Gee will be a bit of a challenge then but i'm two trophies away from the Plat and neither rely on overpowered shields, the DLC bosses will be pleasantly bastardly distractions!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I still don't see why people complained. It didn't hinder anyones experience because there were ways around it so you didn't have to play with it.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Angel of Death

I'd rather see a patch to fix my skill points randomly disappearing. >_>

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Want an un-nerfed shield afterwards. Uninstall the game data, reinstall it but don't go online. If you want a full 4 player game think about a 2nd PS3 & a LAN set-up
    The better way is to simply skip this patch update by pressing when booting up the game. Otherwise, by deleting / reinstalling you revert the game back to 1.00 instead of the current 1.02, which *might* kill your game save and the inventory items may remain nerfed.

Skipping the patch means you can't go online in BL2, so keep that in mind. I personally won't bother with MP until I need the online trophies, so I'll farm the pre-nerf Bee instead.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The better way is to simply skip this patch update by pressing when booting up the game. Otherwise, by deleting / reinstalling you revert the game back to 1.00 instead of the current 1.02, which *might* kill your game save and the inventory items may remain nerfed.

Skipping the patch means you can't go online in BL2, so keep that in mind. I personally won't bother with MP until I need the online trophies, so I'll farm the pre-nerf Bee instead.
    I forgot you can cancel the updates. Good call mate

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Cipher sent us to hell

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I'd rather see a patch to fix my skill points randomly disappearing. >_>
    That's actually in the patch notes for this same patch (provided that they bring every fix from this patch to the console versions)
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

I promise my plus account will auto-download it before I remember to manually skip it

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    I promise my plus account will auto-download it before I remember to manually skip it
    I have PS+ auto-update and auto-save disabled.

I don't enjoy being force-fed Sony demo's & trials and I prefer to control the Online Save backup process to avoid data corruption.

Having to manually update patches is a minor inconvenience and again, doing it this way at least gives me a choice.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

also if you read notes whole list the are fixing the FLESHSTICK loop for farming exp. this line is str8 from patch notes
    Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.

You Know You Love Me

Does anyone know if this will change stuff we have already?
    Basically, can we stay at 1.01, get a Bee, then update to 1.02 with the loot intact?

Good thing I have 2 PS3s, 2 games and four controllers

Legendary...Nuff Said

The Bee nerf adds some more legitimacy to the game. Makes bosses harder to farm, but overall it's not bad. The additional better recharge rate/delay boosts makes it better for all-the-time use, though I'll probably stick to The Black Hole unless farming.

Getting rid of the Fleshstick exploit, I'm not sure on. As great as the game is, I don't really want to spend 60 hours on each character to level them up to level 50. I just don't have that kind of time. I'll probably just get everyone to 50 before updating, so no big deal.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

From a newbie standpoint or someone that struggles through an fps I think it should be left as is. I still die on terramorphous on playthrough one with the bee shield and the baby maker. I got its health half way down though.

Almost had master gee done twice. One with the tips and tricks but died when others joined. Other was when someone help with the health glitch from siren but master gee froze. Since the quest is glitchy.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Marrinsbane View Post
    From a newbie standpoint or someone that struggles through an fps I think it should be left as is. I still die on terramorphous on playthrough one with the bee shield and the baby maker. I got its health half way down though.

Almost had master gee done twice. One with the tips and tricks but died when others joined. Other was when someone help with the health glitch from siren but master gee froze. Since the quest is glitchy.
    You done alright when we took on Hyperius yesterday I was dying more than you, you were my saviour on many occasions. Glad to hear that you were able to somewhat get Gee down. I would have stayed with you for longer but I had to feed & bathe my kids

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

KCCO!

Nerfing the BEE will definitely make TVHM much more challenging. I'm not sure I like patches like this. If someone wants more of a challenge, it's not like they can't equip a different shield. I'll be making strides to plat this game soon and be done with it, then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast