no new level cap

This is a discussion on no new level cap within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; damn that sucks...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

no new level cap

damn that sucks

Lvl 9 - Gold

Still dont have the DLC in EU store, but I'm pretty sure they're not even going to raise the level-cap they mentioned that they're going about it differently in one video I watched.

Prayer Warrior

it's not that big of a deal really. just be happy with the new dlc. i know i am

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

new currency again and hardest enemy is a 31 that i have seen so far (im a 50 on normal)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oh yea definitely happy

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGALO13RIP View Post
    new currency again and hardest enemy is a 31 that i have seen so far (im a 50 on normal)
    If you play on normal, enemies won't level past the 30-35 range. You need to be on TVHM/Playthrough 2.5 in order to get all enemies to go to level 50.

On topic. Beat the DLC and it was extremely underwhelming. The new currency is kinda silly since it takes so long to get the Tokens just to buy Torgue guns (which are my least favorite weapons manufacturer). I thought the deal would be sweetened with Legendaries being able to be bought with the Tokens, but it'd take an extremely long time to farm the Tokens in a rather boring arena mode, and you only get the underwhelming Torque legendaries and I've yet to see a version other than level 48.

And the missions kinda stunk too. Felt too boring. Writing was actually kinda bad. Don't know why but it felt like the whole time Gearbox was trying to get cheap laughs from me.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Death is Awaiting....

The level cap will be raised to 56 in either the next DLC, or the one after that.
    Last edited by Schismalicious; 11-21-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    If you play on normal, enemies won't level past the 30-35 range. You need to be on TVHM/Playthrough 2.5 in order to get all enemies to go to level 50.

On topic. Beat the DLC and it was extremely underwhelming. The new currency is kinda silly since it takes so long to get the Tokens just to buy Torgue guns (which are my least favorite weapons manufacturer). I thought the deal would be sweetened with Legendaries being able to be bought with the Tokens, but it'd take an extremely long time to farm the Tokens in a rather boring arena mode, and you only get the underwhelming Torque legendaries and I've yet to see a version other than level 48.

And the missions kinda stunk too. Felt too boring. Writing was actually kinda bad. Don't know why but it felt like the whole time Gearbox was trying to get cheap laughs from me.
    They said the stuff being level 48 is a glitch, so much for playtesting hey.
    It looks kinda bad if the last two DLC aren't any good it would of been pretty much a waste of time buying the season pass lol.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    They said the stuff being level 48 is a glitch, so much for playtesting hey.
    It looks kinda bad if the last two DLC aren't any good it would of been pretty much a waste of time buying the season pass lol.
    Not at all considering only half of the DLCs have come out. Despite their mainly lackluster additions, I have good faith in Gearbox to deliver on the final two DLCs. It should be noted that the best DLC (General Knoxx) from the original Borderlands was the 3rd DLC released, and that was also the one with the raised level cap.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Didn't they not increase the level cap in Borderlands until the General Knoxx DLC came out (It was the last DLC wasn't it?) So I would not be surprised if they wait until the last DLC comes out in June next year to increase the level cap. I have to check out the new DLC for BL2 but i'm more into playing Assassin's Creed 3 ATM so meh, i'm in no rush.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Didn't they not increase the level cap in Borderlands until the General Knoxx DLC came out (It was the last DLC wasn't it?) So I would not be surprised if they wait until the last DLC comes out in June next year to increase the level cap. I have to check out the new DLC for BL2 but i'm more into playing Assassin's Creed 3 ATM so meh, i'm in no rush.
    general knoxx wasn't the last dlc for the original it was the second to last. aka the third one. but that is when they increased the level cap and i've heard that the 3rd dlc this game will raise the bar too so one can only hope.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Ice Cream Firefighter

I totally forgot about the Claptrap DLC but I was right with my original thought that GK increased the cap, I just forgot the 4th DLC
    Last edited by great_daze_tazer; 11-21-2012 at 01:23 AM.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

They actually upped the level cap to 61 in the 3rd DLC in BL1, then again to 69 (via a patch) before the 4th one.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I beat the DLC also and it wasnt terrible but the invincible boss was easy as hell once you knew what to do. I didnt do all the side missions yet though.

Also farming the tokens wont take a whole lot of time. there is a side mission where you can get 20 tokens and it only takes maybe 2 1/2 to 3 minutes roughly to complete and you can keep running back n forth doing it repeatedly. so maybe only a hour or a little more and you should be able to buy a legendary out of the machine. I got up to almost 200 torgue tokens and wasnt even really trying.

Plus the boss drops seraph crystals so it'll make farming him easier to get those guns as well.