DLC Details Extracted From Update File

This is a discussion on DLC Details Extracted From Update File within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; While nothing below is a definite story spoiler, be warned that some of these details do have minor content spoilers: ...

Prayer Warrior

DLC Details Extracted From Update File

While nothing below is a definite story spoiler, be warned that some of these details do have minor content spoilers:
    Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ‘em the old one-two!

• One new head and one new skin for each class
    • A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
    • Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
    • A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
    • More new Seraph items
    • New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
    • Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
    • A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
    • A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
    • A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
    And, of course…

• Claptrap. Always Claptrap. (“Those savages briefly distracted me from the crushing loneliness of my existence!”)
    Although no release date has been announced, according to a tweet from Gearbox President Randy Pitchford, we could see Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt as soon as Tuesday the 18th.
    You can quote me on this, “I guarantee that there will be more DLC for Borderlands 2 before the world ends.”
    The ‘end of the world’ is alleged to occur on December 21st, and the 18th is the only Tuesday that the PlayStation Store has to update between now and then.
    One last interesting bit of information found in the update should be taken as rumor for now, but we’ll grace you with anyway:
    Basically, a future update (codenamed ‘Gardenia’) will contain a bunch of new character customizations. Each of the five current classes will have three customization packs containing a new head and a new skin, for a total of 30 new customizations. The three packs are the ‘Domination Pack’, ‘Supremacy Pack’, and ‘Madness Pack’ (internally referred to as ‘Cool’, Power’, and ‘Zany’). I don’t know if these will be purchasable, unlockable through gameplay, or unlockable through Shift. All of the files for these customizations were already downloaded as part of the update, so it’d be pretty lame if they tried to charge for content you literally already have.
    There is no official word from Gearbox (aside from Randy Pitchford’s tweet) concerning details or release date, but you can be sure that PlayStation LifeStyle will be here to bring that information to you when we have it. Are you hoping that this is the DLC that raises the level cap? Are you excited for even more content for your vault hunters’ adventures? Keep it real with PSLS in the comments below.
    Third Borderlands 2 DLC Details Extracted From Update File

i've got very very VERY high hopes for this dlc

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Angel of Death

I heard the last two sucked, so I doubt I'll ever get a Borderlands 2 DLC. Sucks that they aren't as good as the first game's DLC.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I heard the last two sucked, so I doubt I'll ever get a Borderlands 2 DLC. Sucks that they aren't as good as the first game's DLC.
    Lol, from a person living under a rock?
    So far the two released DLC packs have been great. Really looking forward to this.

Bethesda could really learn something from Gearbox as far as supporting a game post-release is concerned.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am still hoping for a lvl increase! Please Gearbox do not fail us!

Sig by kid420247

Prayer Warrior

You heard WRONG!!!!! Lol scarlet was a freaking blast and the 2nd dlc was solid. And this one is on par to be bad ass. Gearbox knows dlc damn it

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

INTJ

I heard the last two sucked, so I doubt I'll ever get a Borderlands 2 DLC.
    dont do it.

it isn't worth it.

Death is Awaiting....

This DLC seems like the best one so far. So I will for sure be getting this one too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Lol, from a person living under a rock?
    So far the two released DLC packs have been great. Really looking forward to this.

Bethesda could really learn something from Gearbox as far as supporting a game post-release is concerned.
    Oh god, I cannot stop laughing. The last two DLCs, good? Don't even bother. They've been about as good as pure shit. Gearbox has been outsourcing DLCs for this game to a company that does not even begin to understand what "fun" is. Shit stories, shit bosses, shit weapons (aside from the Pimpernel and various guns from Torgue). Torgue was a step in the right direction to a point, but is overall just another shitfest compared to 3/4 of the BL1 DLCs.