Golden Key....

This is a discussion on Golden Key.... within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Just a quick question for the guys and gals that have played through already: What level or point in the ...

Du wirst geil

Golden Key....

Just a quick question for the guys and gals that have played through already: What level or point in the game did you use your Golden Key? I'm a Level 23 Assassin and I've been debating whether to use mine or not.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    Just a quick question for the guys and gals that have played through already: What level or point in the game did you use your Golden Key? I'm a Level 23 Assassin and I've been debating whether to use mine or not.
    I believe the loot you get from the chest scales with your level, so it may not behoove you to use it yet. Honestly, though, from what I recall, the gear that you get isn't phenomenal to speak of.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I believe the loot you get from the chest scales with your level, so it may not behoove you to use it yet. Honestly, though, from what I recall, the gear that you get isn't phenomenal to speak of.
    Yeah, that's what has me debating whether to use it or not. It's not like I don't have enough of them though. Thanks Hitmanchan

Lvl 5 - Silver

save it, but honestly, they're crap

Lvl 7 - Gold

there not really that good but still useful if you havnt farmed any loot from bosses

Du wirst geil

I don't think I'm that far in really. Storyline wise I'm about to rescue Bloodwing for Mordecai so I can get the Claptrap upgrade.

illegal in 9 countries

You can turn one Golden Key into infinite keys.

Backup your Profile Save to another account on your PS3 or onto a USB stick.
    Fire up BL2, use key, save game, quit, restore Profile Save, oh look...another key, rinse and repeat.

It's faster if you have multiple keys, I did it with a dozen or so. Ultimately though, nothing was worth keeping. Just keep on ploughing through until you get the Conference Call and Bee.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You can turn one Golden Key into infinite keys.

Backup your Profile Save to another account on your PS3 or onto a USB stick.
    Fire up BL2, use key, save game, quit, restore Profile Save, oh look...another key, rinse and repeat.
    Or just redeem SHIFT codes which are made available as often as twice per week on Twitter and Facebook - each code will get you between one and five Keys.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Or just redeem SHIFT codes which are made available as often as twice per week on Twitter and Facebook - each code will get you between one and five Keys.
    Yeah, that's what I did to stock up, then used the Profile Save method with a dozen keys. That was enough to fill spare inventory slots, sell the crap and repeat the process.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think I used my key at lv 50 the first time I played the game; henceforth, I have saved the rest of my redeemed keys until I reach the new cap again.
    Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that
    our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who
    knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun.
    There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.