Goliath Trophy. Grrrr....

This is a discussion on Goliath Trophy. Grrrr.... within the Borderlands 2 forum, part of the B; Man, I am three trophies away from platinum. I need Gunzerker, Zero, and this fricken Goliath trophy. I don't know ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Goliath Trophy. Grrrr....

Man, I am three trophies away from platinum. I need Gunzerker, Zero, and this fricken Goliath trophy.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I keep failing the goliath. He gets killed every single time, usually after 3 level-ups. I've watched all the YouTube videos, I'm lvl9 in Frost Canyon, and I probably failed 20-25 times tonight. I chase his ass (or run from it), I try to shoot down his targets, but I fail everytime. I know I'm not an idiot, but what the Hell am I doing wrong?
    I only have Flame weapons... does something else work better for this?

Any tips would be appreciated, because this is starting to get personal......

Negator

I used a non-elemental SMG at level 11 earlier this week to get the trophy.

Frostburn Canyon is most likely the easiest (also one of the earliest) places to earn the trophy, but any Goliath will work.

Lvl 8 - Gold

It's partially a luck-based trophy, as much as having anything to do with skill. If he goes up against the wrong type of enemies, he'll get his ass handed to him, even one-on-one. You just have to keep at it, and try to weaken but not kill the enemies he's going after. And definitely don't let him get overwhelmed. I don't think I got this trophy until I was in my mid-20s and returned to Frostburn specifically to try for it. Maybe wait until later in the game when you can manage the battlefield a bit better to keep your target alive longer.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Maybe wait until later in the game when you can manage the battlefield a bit better to keep your target alive longer.
    That's probably the winning advice right there, thanks.