Is the Crouch Potato challenge glitched?

This is a discussion on Is the Crouch Potato challenge glitched? within the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! forum, part of the B; Hi, folks:<br><br>I've got most of the challenges out of the way, so it;'s time to work on the pain-in-the-ass challenges ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is the Crouch Potato challenge glitched?

Hi, folks:<br><br>I've got most of the challenges out of the way, so it;'s time to work on the pain-in-the-ass challenges (ugh). I looked at "Crouch Potato" this morning and saw that I had 43 done, and I need 3200 (ow!), so this afternoon, I got to work, running around several maps for several hours with my assault rifle, killing everything that moved. That was very satisfying! Got nearly a hundred moonstones, and I opened my stats to see that I had ... 43. Several hundred assult rifle kills had registered, but none for Crouch Potato.<br><br>Yes, I was crouching, and sure, some of the enemies bumped me and I stood up, but I crouched again. How is it that NOT EVEN ONE registred, unless it's glitched? I did some googling, and I can't find where this happened to anyone else. Unless ... there's some trick I don't know about? I'm playing as Wilhelm, using a legendary assault rifle. I crouch and I shoot and I kill. The challenge doesn't mention anything beyond that. What the heck?<br><em></em><br>do you have any idea? I sure would be grateful!<br><br>Binky<br><br>

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This CloudFlare software seems to be causing a bit of a problem. I submit a post. the cloudFlare interstitial comes up, and then I get a blank page and my post didn't post. Since I'm not retyping it, I go back twice to my post, which is now filled with hypertext reformatting, and post that. It's ugly, obviously, but I'm not retyping because of the CloudFail. Does this happen a lot? I'm posting on an iPad Air.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I tried again last night. My kills registered as assault rifle kills, but not as Crouch Potato kills. I guess the platinum is out of my reach now since no one has any advice. After all the time I'vre put into this game, this is frustrating beyond words. This is gonna put me off open-world games for a long, long time.

Binky

Lvl 6 - Silver

it took me a while to get that one. I knew I was crouching but never got the kills. I ended up getting it running around the dlc that came wth preordering, (I cant think what its called right now). I thought that was going to be the lsat one I got for the Plat!

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    it took me a while to get that one. I knew I was crouching but never got the kills. I ended up getting it running around the dlc that came wth preordering, (I cant think what its called right now). I thought that was going to be the lsat one I got for the Plat!

You mean this one:

@ Binky

I have not started going for the challenges yet, but I know how you feel just keep at it. Same thing happened to me in BL2 just remember to soften up the enemies and before you kill them crouch to register the kill. (Don't run in or let the enemies bump you to throw you off)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I got my answer from someone in the Gearbox forums: I've been using the Wild Kerboom A/R, and it fires funking GRENADES, so I've been getting GRENADE kills and not A/R kills. Dammit! I'm furious! I wish the description had told me that. I'm off to go grind me a REAL assault rifle!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

@El Cid: *Really* nice AC art you have there for your avatar. He looks as if he's preparing to vanish. Or as if he's just appeared. I like it a lot.

Hmph. Or maybe he's about to spontaneously combust.