Borderlands?

This is a discussion on Borderlands? within the Borderlands forum, part of the B; So i'm gonna finnish up dead nation and i was wondering borderlands? i hear its a grind fest? what do ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Borderlands?

So i'm gonna finnish up dead nation and i was wondering borderlands? i hear its a grind fest? what do you think?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah it can be but its still a blast to play. If you do get it make sure you get the Game Of The Year Edition. Its even more fun in a 4 player co-op online.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

yea i have the game of the year edition, it was really cheap xD

Nope, nothing

It's a great game, but it's made 10x better if you have people to co-op the game with. I don't remember any boring grinds

Oh and just for future reference, post stuff about specific games in their separate forums (if there is one of course ) PS3 Games

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No problem my mistake, CHAMBERS YOU STILL ROCK AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY

Lvl 9 - Gold

The only thing about this game I would consider a grind is if you're trying to get the level 50 trophy by just killing enemies. If you play all the way through the game, doing all the quests, then do "Playthrough 2" doing either just the main storyline or all the quests again, you hit level 50 easily. The major grind is the Moxxi DLC, which is just a series of arena wave battles. Definitely get a group together for those. I did one by myself, and man was it tedious.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Sukinara View Post
    No problem my mistake, CHAMBERS YOU STILL ROCK AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY
    Thanks very much I'm going to give you some rep for that

Lvl 10 - Platinum

level fifty is the only thing that could be considered a grind but you can get into a game with high level guys and let them kill everything for you and youll level up quickly, you could also go on some crawmerax runs with some experienced players for lots of xp and loot

Trophy Guide Kitten

Regardless if borderlands is a grind fest, the game is awesome and fun.
    K? Thanks

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    Regardless if borderlands is a grind fest, the game is awesome and fun.
    That is the best reply I have read in a long time, one of my all time game's. Matter of fact I'm about to help Ac3duD3 run thru to get his platinum.
    Couldn't even tell you how many hour's I spent just do crawmerax run's, however moxis underdome is shit and a really really boring survival wave style dlc. My favorite had to be zombie island.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its the most awesome game I played in a while. I remember when I first got it for the Xbox .. (Still need to buy it for ps3 >.<) I played with my friend for 48 hours straight. doing everything we could. And beat the game. Thats how awesome it was. At least for me

Winter Is Coming

Like above, its a great game and well worth playing, it'll also get you ready for Borderlands 2 later this year if you enjoy it. Moxxi's is pretty boring if you do it solo though, hours of repetative waves.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Digital Terror

grind fest NO...that game can be easily boosted, but why bother... like chambers said...its fun and the lvl 50 trophy will ping in second play through... was my first plat, and fav game...to this day i still play my lvl 66 siren AKA murdahnation...hehehe
    if you need help add me on psn :djunglist420 and ill be more than happy to help

PRO Member

The only "grind" in the the game would be the Moxxi DLC where you kill wave after wave of enemies while she repeats the same dialogue ...and the Claptrap DLC where you have to collect bobbleheads/pizza that are just random drops.The other 2 DLC's and the game was alot of fun.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Team Dingleberry

Borderlands is a great game, but you will not have a lot of fun if you play by yourself. As others have said, definitely find at least a partner, if not a group.

The grinding is really only an issue in the DLC packs. The Underdome tournaments take a minimum of 3 hours apiece, with no checkpoints. In the Claptrap DLC you basically have to leave your PS3 on overnight to farm the collectibles.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Game was fuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn!!! Damn I wish I still had it!! I dont know what about it made it so frickin awesome... cuz I got late and when I played it....I still dont know why I find it fun guess its just one of those games!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldn't consider anything to be a grind going for the . It's a blast, especially with multiple players. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is the Mad Moxxi's Underdome trophies. Those seem to take forever and was the only point in the game I didn't have too much fun playing. All other 3 of the DLC' are top notch though.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by Angusbs View Post
    I wouldn't consider anything to be a grind going for the . It's a blast, especially with multiple players. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is the Mad Moxxi's Underdome trophies. Those seem to take forever and was the only point in the game I didn't have too much fun playing. All other 3 of the DLC' are top notch though.
    Agree here. I had alot of fun with the game except for Moxxi's Underdome (hence why its not completed yet). In honesty I didn't have to do much grinding. Or maybe its more like it was so much fun I didnt notice the grinding that occured. You will need to play at least 1 1/2 playthroughs but if you loved it the first go through you will still love it the second!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler