Fix'er Upper Glitch

This is a discussion on Fix'er Upper Glitch within the Borderlands forum, part of the B; I apologize if this was already mentioned. I've seen a few posts about very similar issues but I couldn't find ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fix'er Upper Glitch

I apologize if this was already mentioned. I've seen a few posts about very similar issues but I couldn't find any answers to them.
    I was unaware of the glitch that occurs from joining random online games until it happened to me. Luckily, I completed every mission on my first playthrough before joining an online game.
    I just started Playthrough 2, but I'm stuck on the "Fix'er Upper" (I think that's what its called) mission. When I purchase a shield, it doesn't check off the box and the mission remains in progress. Unless I complete this mission, I have no way of advancing in Playthrough 2. So...

Does anyone know of any solutions or ideas?

Are there any plans for Gearbox to patch this?

Thank you!

Team Dingleberry

There are two ways to fix this issue. Option one is to join a new MP playthrough 2 game and have it finished with everyone else. Option two is to manually edit your game save using something like Willow to mark the mission as completed. I used Willow to generate new weapons for myself, and had no issues with it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    There are two ways to fix this issue. Option one is to join a new MP playthrough 2 game and have it finished with everyone else. Option two is to manually edit your game save using something like Willow to mark the mission as completed. I used Willow to generate new weapons for myself, and had no issues with it.
    Thank you!! Willow worked for me! And thanks for mentioning Willow. It's awesome

Team Dingleberry

Quote Originally Posted by tkev89 View Post
    Thank you!! Willow worked for me! And thanks for mentioning Willow. It's awesome
    Glad to help. I loved using it to design kickass SMGs for myself.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just used this to finish my glitched mission. The mission from Dr. Zed where you have to buy a shield.
    Now I'm not sure if I have finished all the missions in the Arid Badlands, but is it possible that this disables the trophy?