View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

17 16.67%
  • 2 - Easy

63 61.76%
  • 3 - Moderate

19 18.63%
  • 4 - Hard

3 2.94%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Borderlands forum, part of the B; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Royal Flush X2

2 easy Nothing was really hard in this game but getting to level 50 was time consuming. Not much else to say really as the hard trophy was in in the DLC with the scary giant enemy crab Crawmerax

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 Easy

The only really annoying things are maxing out your inventory (due to the claptraps being somewhat glitchy) and getting to 50. Most of the stuff is really straight forward, and not incredibly skill based. A bit of a time consuming process and it gets a bit repetative by the end, but nothing too bad.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

SUUPER easy I absolutely loved this game though It was one of my favorites and i still have it

Mini Ninja

Easy. Getting to level 50 is time consuming, but the rest of the trophies are fairly easy to get. The game's difficulty varies based on the strength of the weapons you find or the level of the players you've teamed up with. I think the only hard part of the game was the final boss, and I managed to beat him after 3 or 4 tries (I was playing solo at the time).

Kiwi Defender

Easy. Only bothersome trophy is to reach level 50, since that can get boring fast.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Nope, nothing

Easy for this
    Nothing that was difficult at all but the game itself isn't very easy imo.

Lvl 7 - Gold

very easy platinum comes natural with this game

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy - but still very fun. Was easily one of my favorite games ever.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

Notorious K.I.D.

Easy- But it's a blast. The only time consuming trophy is level 50, if you count the DLC then collecting the random drops from the Claptrap revolution was a small irritant, but fun nonetheless.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Team Dingleberry

Easy, and so much fun. If you're not playing this in co-op, you are really missing out on some fun. Level 50 is a grind, but can easily be boosted in Crawmerax' lair if you find someone to copy the invincible shield and invisible (yes, invisible) shotgun for you. I had a blast creating my own guns on my computer and putting them in-game.

I loved playing through for the platinum, but the DLC (aside from the Zombie one) is pretty much a drag. The driving and lack of fast-travel in General Knoxx is so lame. The collectibles in ClapTrap's Revolution are so rare, you basically have to leave your game on all night to farm them. And finally, the worst one of them all... the stupid Underdome tournaments. Underdome might be the worst DLC of any game I've ever played. Be prepared to spend at least 3 continuous hours on each of the large tournaments. There are no checkpoints.

Again, the platinum is easy and a blast to earn, but be warned if you really want that 100% - you will probably be sick of Borderlands by the end.

PRO Member

2 - Easy. Overall this game is fairly easy, the only reason I didn't choose Very easy is because the game may require some slight grinding to gain a higher level and/or gain better weapons. The co-op can be helpful when you're grinding as you can just power-level from a higher ranked friend.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

Easy - Getting to 50 is time-consuming, but not hard to do.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Player Hater

The platinum itself is easy. To get 100% with DLC though, I would rate this as moderate instead. Mad Moxi's Underdome Riot was horribly grindsome and some of the Claptrap collection items were horrendous. Other than that though, really enjoyable. To get 100%, it took me close to probably 60 hours (due to it pretty much all being done in Singleplayer or splitscreen co-op with myself on the other pad too). Once I got to Level 45 (which took about 59 of those hours), I played online to complete the Crawmerax mission and ended up leveling 10 times in about half an hour. That session made a mockery of the hard work I'd put in up until that point!

An old-fashioned cowboy

This game is Very Easy if you have friends to play with as well as it been more fun on co-op. But seeing as how most people will play solo except for the co-op trophies then I'll vote for 2. Easy because it's still time consuming to get to Level 50.

PRO Member

2-Easy I didn't find this one particularly hard at all. Much more fun with more than one human player though.

Lvl 7 - Gold

2 - Easy Some of the bosses gave trouble especially when playing solo but it's still pretty easy. First play-through was a blast but to get to level 50 is a grind.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Huge Gaming Backlog

Moderate because of the level 50 trophy. It wasn't to bad because it carries on through single player and co-op. Best idea ever.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i will go with 3 - Moderate on this one
    lvl 50 and grabing the claptrap revolution trophies are time consuming
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A 2 for sure, but if all games were this entertaining I wouldn't mind low difficulties.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast