Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do You Like Black Ops 2?

This is a discussion on Do You Like Black Ops 2? within the Call of Duty: Black Ops II forum, part of the C; Campaign is outstanding, weapons, story everything....very addicting Zombies are awesome....so many modes....and luv the blue eyes! Multiplayer is classic COD ...

WHO DAT!!!!

Campaign is outstanding, weapons, story everything....very addicting
    Zombies are awesome....so many modes....and luv the blue eyes!
    Multiplayer is classic COD plus a few new modes...awesome, but the servers are acting stupid now.....dropping teamates upon entering into a match, 12 people in the lobby and says trying to balance teams so wait times are stupid(i use a 30 second rule, if nothingb happens by then back out and start over....worked great)

overall 9/10( would be 9.5 without the server bullshit)
    VERY FUN GAME

Lvl 9 - Gold

Does the game have the 'Combat Record' from the original Black Ops?

I love statistics and when I finished a game in BO I kept checking my Combat Record to see how many kills I got with different weapons and killstreaks etc

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Does the game have the 'Combat Record' from the original Black Ops?

I love statistics and when I finished a game in BO I kept checking my Combat Record to see how many kills I got with different weapons and killstreaks etc
    it has the combat recored u r speaking of, but its not as detailed as ur describing. The elite tracks all ur stats on ur PC and u still have all ur stats on the PS3 as well...pretty awesome

Deathless Destroyer

So is it as good as/better than MW1?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Prayer Warrior

for the record i hate CoD and yes i've played them all. but this game is very enjoyable and easily the best out of all the CoD games. the campaign is very well written and engaging. i found myself actually caring about the people around me. it looks pretty and runs very smooth. i despise online CoD so i haven't even touched to so i have no comment for that part. and then we have zombies.....leaps and bounds better than any other zombie mode in a CoD game. Black ops 2 is a solid game and is the first CoD game to enter my collection since CoD 2 big red one.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Legendary...Nuff Said

How someone could ever hate on such an innovative, refreshing, and unique game is beyond me.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I played a bit of it at my friend's place. It's surprisingly good, probably the best CoD yet, other than CoD 4, which was the last CoD game that didn't suck eight donkey boners.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Waste of hard drive space.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    I'm loving the MP. I hope people don't dismiss this game as a result of that wank MW3. I haven't enjoyed a CoD game tthis much since MW1.
    Ignore this comment. I must of been on crack at the time. This game is so fucking awful it has you reeling back in horror. The lag and horrendous hit detection just make this game unplayable. I can't get through a game without quitting due to the aforementioned problems. And the way maps are designed getting shot in the back is rampant.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Deathless Destroyer

Ignore this comment. I must of been on crack at the time. This game is so fucking awful it has you reeling back in horror. The lag and horrendous hit detection just make this game unplayable. I can't get through a game without quitting due to the aforementioned problems. And the way maps are designed getting shot in the back is rampant.
    What about the other aspects of the game? I'm not really into the multiplayer anymore apart from MW1's one.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Lvl 4 - Silver

Lol @ everyone hating on MW3. When you guys start experiencing the stupid lag, hard freezes and PS3 crashes, you'll all realise MW3 is the superior (Multiplayer wise). It feels really sloppy and incomplete.

While in a party, if you search for a game, your party members can't hear you until you join a lobby. On most cases of Ground War (9 on 9) the first 10 seconds of the match is a lag fest. Migrating hosts is a nightmare. Also, from last night 'til now, MP servers aren't working correctly. There's only 4 hardcore modes. TDM, CTF, FFA and S&D.
    The actual game engine itself seems the same as the original BO. The way you run, aim, shoot, bullet delay... all the same shit from the original. You can't fool me by just improving the graphics. It was the same reason why I hate the first BO MP... Don't even get me started about the spawns :facepalm:

....Also 2x the amount of kids playing online compared to any other game I have ever played.

Multiplayer wise, MW3 is easily superior.

Now onto the good parts.

Single player campaign is good. Being able to customise your loadout for each mission gives it more of a unique feel. Switching between the past and the present makes the future seem even more advanced than it is (which is a good thing) and this time around, it doesn't feel like, run to an area, enemies pop up, kill 'em, move on. (Even though it is)

TranZit and Grief are great. I hated zombies, but now its actually good

So if you can't be f*cked reading the rant, in summary:

Modern Warfare fans will be dissapointed. BO fan boys will need a change of underwear after they cream themselves.
    Single Player: Great
    Multiplayer: Shit. If patched, will have potential
    Zombies: Everything you loved, just got better

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk
    Modern Warfare fans will be disappointed.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, I like the MW series (have all three, but not much of a fan of MW3) and BO II on what I've seen and read so far seems promising. I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer apart from MW1's mp, though I've heard it's as good as MW1 once the patches are set in concrete, so yeah.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

• Oki, so one thing I loved instantly is the Emblem Editor, they reeeally made it so much better! Then, the actual game...At first hated it, now slowly getting used to it, but K/D ratio on it is SO bad, and people camp even worse than on MW3 despite it supposedly tries not to promote camping. Also one thing I didn't get is how people can kill with a couple of bullets so quickly, yet it takes so much to kill someone. Probably due to their class or I have no clue. ( No learn to aim comments prease )

The start out classes are MUCH better than in previous games (You can start with a stinger/Strella like thing that will shoot down UAV's and air stuff), but the Custom Classes takes a little time to get used to. I have managed to make my own classes now! xDD

The sounds are anti-climatic, and whenever you kill or reload your character is so loud with it's comments. Cllimbing is also a lot better, but, In my opinion if they just put the Emblem Editor in Black Ops, I would much prefer to keep with that.

The lobby's are glitchy and end up freezing your PS3, and the host migrates 8/10 times.

But maybe it will get better as time goes on/you keep playing! ^^

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    Lol @ everyone hating on MW3. When you guys start experiencing the stupid lag, hard freezes and PS3 crashes, you'll all realise MW3 is the superior (Multiplayer wise). It feels really sloppy and incomplete.

While in a party, if you search for a game, your party members can't hear you until you join a lobby. On most cases of Ground War (9 on 9) the first 10 seconds of the match is a lag fest. Migrating hosts is a nightmare. Also, from last night 'til now, MP servers aren't working correctly. There's only 4 hardcore modes. TDM, CTF, FFA and S&D.
    The actual game engine itself seems the same as the original BO. The way you run, aim, shoot, bullet delay... all the same shit from the original. You can't fool me by just improving the graphics. It was the same reason why I hate the first BO MP... Don't even get me started about the spawns :facepalm:

....Also 2x the amount of kids playing online compared to any other game I have ever played.
    In case you have forgotten, MW3 had all these problems in the first few days when it came out

Sig by Apokolypz

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    So would it be MW1>BOII>MW2>BO>MW3 / BOII>MW1>MW2>BO>MW3?

It's good to see it isn't like the moderate carbon copy MW3 was to MW2.
    The Campain is probably the most non-linear one in the entire series.

you have tons of choices that effect how the game acts and ends.

I played a bit of multiplayer last night, I like the Pick 10 system, it a really good system for helping me pick stuff i want instead of forcing me to do the usual grenades and shit i don't ever use.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    fucking really

MW3 was the most carbon copy piece of shit ever. And now they are making MW4.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

I played a bit of multiplayer last night, I like the Pick 10 system, it a really good system for helping me pick stuff i want instead of forcing me to do the usual grenades and shit i don't ever use.

fucking really

Hey you've actually posted something which helps me decide on getting the game as I've been thinking about getting it soon. And as I don't have the game I can't say for sure but looking at the previews I would agree with you. And I never bothered with MW3 because of it looking exactly the same as MW2 and I wish they don't make a MW4 and start a new series because I want to start playing COD again but I don't want to jump into the story again missing a chunk out of it.

I like it when developers atleast try something new. I hate people that complain about it

Synthwave <3

I haven't played any of the Campaign yet, but I do like zombies and mp is pretty cool too. I like a lot of the changes they implemented, but the game has a lot of connection problems that need to be fixed immediately. I've had my PS3 freeze multiple times while playing zombies. Twice it froze right when someone sent me a message. Thankfully they made it that you can re-join your party if it isn't full. Also, the lag doesn't seem as bad as MW3, but it is still there and could be smoother. The first and second day it was out my husband and I both had issues with the servers. Sometimes we'd be in the middle of a game and then one of us would get kicked out to get an error message that the servers were not available. Eventually after restarting the game we could get connected to the server again.

On a seperate note, I like zombies a lot but what is with the knifing? It seems like World at War and it very imprecise. There also appears to be a problem in public zombie matches and multiplayer where the lobby is full but the game will never start. I've heard this happen to multiple people and it gets boring to sit in lobbies forever hoping you can play.

And wouldn't it just figure that my PS3 just froze as I was typing this and watching a zombies match in Theater mod?

Please game developers get all the problems figured out asap. I'm getting tired of paying full price on games that have so many issues (MW3, LBPV, LBPK, BO2). It would be nice to just be able to enjoy your favorite games online with your friends without having to deal with all this nonsense.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You must be on crack, this game is amazing, everything stands out compare to any cod ever released. Story mode is very nice, the changes they made to zombies is really nice and the MP feels so smooth and nice. Easily the best COD released to date, even over MW1. I wasn't expecting much after how bad MW3 was but damn, this game is good! WAW, BO and now BO2... Treyarch makes the best cods easy.

Quote Originally Posted by x-X-xAyax-X-x View Post
    • Oki, so one thing I loved instantly is the Emblem Editor, they reeeally made it so much better! Then, the actual game...At first hated it, now slowly getting used to it, but K/D ratio on it is SO bad, and people camp even worse than on MW3 despite it supposedly tries not to promote camping. Also one thing I didn't get is how people can kill with a couple of bullets so quickly, yet it takes so much to kill someone. Probably due to their class or I have no clue. ( No learn to aim comments prease )
    You do realise if someone is using a stronger weapons then the one you are using, they will kill you faster.... or if they have rapid fire on, they will kill you fast.... and so on, it seems like people forget this or don't realize it lol

PRO Member

What must i say mmm the Sp mode is full of grenades (remember world at war) when i am far away from it i still die (that is the feeling i get)
    I dont like the mission where you must overlook and control all those things feels like c&c.

The MP well i tried it 10 times and i played it once. Every time i enter a room it is putting me in spectate mode and when i have a game i get lag. But i will give this a other shot later tonight.
    And the zombie mode fucking hate it

But the game looks nice

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    In case you have forgotten, MW3 had all these problems in the first few days when it came out
    I know Ac3, but BO2 is way more glitchy and bugged. PS3 crashing in pre-game lobbies? Getting split up from your party when you join games? Ps3 crashes before I can even watch a fucking clip in Theatre mode.
    I never EVER experienced that in MW3 (even in the first few days)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

fucking really

Fuck off. You play a game for 10 minutes and you think you know everything. I wasn't comparing the campaign to MW3, I was comparing the MP.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast