Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honest BLOPS2 Review

This is a discussion on Honest BLOPS2 Review within the Call of Duty: Black Ops II forum, part of the C; Ok, so I'm going to do a review, it'll probably suck a lot as I'm just writing this as it ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Honest BLOPS2 Review

Ok, so I'm going to do a review, it'll probably suck a lot as I'm just writing this as it comes to me, without much prior thought, other than I wanted to write a review that might help some people undecided about this game, as to if it is really worth parting with that 40-45 for them .

Firstly let me point out, I have not bought this game, after playing most of the COD games, even before Modern Wafare and the subsequent sequels, I thought instead I would rent this, for 5 nights from Blockbuster to see if it was worth purchasing. As ever when I asked opinion after 3-4 days of this being released I get told, 'IT'S THE BEST COD EVER' so with my trusty pinch of salt, I gave in and rented it...

I've played 2 campaign missions so far.. both at opposite ends of the technology scale, the first is out in Africa, rescuing a buddy and then escaping with your life, the second in some underground jungle bunker set years in the future.. with wrist grenades, optical camo and stuff, for me the campaign is usually pretty lack luster in COD games, most games these days only seem to focus on the MP side of things, the last game I personally played that felt about right, with emphasis on SP more than MP was Max Payne 3 which I absolutely loved .

For me the campaign so far has been quite fun, I've been playing on regular, so not much of a challenge but gives you a good feel for the game, especially if you may be new to the series.

I've not had chance to play Zombies yet myself so this will take no part of the review, apologies.

Ok so the multiplayer... well, will you enjoy this or want to gouge your own eyes out? Well that, as it seems (for each person I have talked to so far including myself) to depend on your Internet connection, yes, I kid you not.. walk around corners and think how the hell can people kill you before you have got a shot off but know your own reactions aren't to blame? The lag may not be obvious, most of the time, but it is there during heavy traffic periods from my ISP in my area, that 0.05 second delay is very costly... my first few games I was going say 20+ for about 10-15 which is about average for me, I don't pretend to be a great COD player, or even a good one.. I just play for fun, I'm very much a crazy run and gun, don't really care about my KD so much... In objective games I like to be in the thick of capturing flags, holding bases etc in domination.. but I like a game to run smooth you know? I don't have the worst Internet connection by far, 90% of the time it is brilliant, but if you do suffer more often than not, consider that before you buy this, otherwise you will want to gouge your own eyes out...

The only really new things I noticed in the 8 or so hours I've played online is that the customization seems to be massively improved for load outs and set ups, which is useful, getting rid of stuff you never use, such as your side arm for an extended mag or grip on your primary weapon, taking an extra lethal grenade instead of another tactical etc.. this is what has been missing for me in previous games, It's fun, makes for hours or arguing what the best set up is etc with friends, the maps seem to vary, although I have to say that there seems to be more focus on the close quarters maps as opposed to long range maps for snipers.. however, due to the birth of the quick scopers a few games back in the series, It is still annoying someone coming around the corner to quick scope you from about 3 yards.. well done dude, such skill... the maps have that Treyarch feel of, it's a reskinned map of different bits, I feel myself playing parts of old maps, with slight variations, but with just new textures, this kind of feels lazy, I purposely avoided any news to do with this game, so if this has been pointed out already, I do apologize.

Game play wise, it's just the same as any other COD game, you can expect the same sorts of things, camping, being attacked from multiple directions at first, frustration due to lag, quick scopers and general ass holes too! The one thing I have tried that was quite fun was the league system which goes fully live December 1st, where after 5 'qualifying games' of various modes you are assigned into a league and earn points based on performance and toughness of opponents (as this mode claims to pitch you against players of an equal caliber) it's quite fun, and a point of note is that create a class on this mode opens up every gun and customization from THE START, so no need to unlock anything here!

My biggest annoyance of the typical people to play this game, is this example.. so one of my main buddies says, oh yeah get this game, It's so good, the best one ever... so then I play a few games with him and he's like, 'Oh so you're not actually shit, you're quite good at this one' (as a reference to MW3, where I was hardly shit, but tend to not take the game so seriously as I mentioned before) so I was like ummm ok.. so then I said yeah 'I'm doing pretty well' and he shoots back with, 'Yeah but I'm still better, look at my KD' so it's 1.19, (I've seen much better) so I said, 'Well here I am thinking you were giving me a complement and all you're doing is wanting to say how much better you are' he's been playing the game since day 1 and has about 50hrs in to my less than 2 lol.. I'm better, you're shit.. well I'm sorry but if i'd spent 50hrs playing a game I'd expect to better than someone else who didn't know the maps, and had played under 2 hours, so yes this game is still full of try hards, idiots who take the game far too seriously, for me games should be fun, an enjoyment to play, not always about playing with some battle hardened crazy ass who plays 12hrs a day every day because they haven't anything better to do, I feel this is more a rant than a review, but as I said, It's as it comes, rather than any prior thought perhaps someone somewhere will have enjoyed my input, perhaps not lol

Pros
    + Everyone on your friends list will have this, so hook up for some frantic MP 'fun'
    + Customization of weapons and load outs is detailed, allowing for 100's of combinations
    + The campaign (so far) seems to have had more thought put into it than before, although the timeline story is a bit confusing :/
    + When there's no lag, it's actually a decent shooter and you should be able to find some maps and weapons you really enjoy
    + Everyone is a BLOPS 2 n00b so not many will have had much of a 'head start' with the game

Cons
    - The price in some places.. look where you can get this as cheap as possible, in the UK I think ASDA is about the cheapest, if really pushed for cash wait until you can get this second hand, or on offer for 30
    - The idiots with microphones, though the handy mute all except party feature is a god send
    - Lag and poor connections, seriously at a disadvantage, watch your stress level soar, and your KD W/L ratio go triple negative
    - The fact that most maps are tight spaces and too much close quarters which won't be to everyone's taste
    - The people who ONLY play COD, being so in your face, slating you, branding you crap, playing the game to within an inch of their lives because they are too sad to believe any other game than COD exists
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 6 - Silver

It sucks,treyarch is overrated and so ist this game. This game has alot of problems. Somehow i feel like i got robbed

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

I noticed most of your Pros and essentially all of your Cons aren't pertaining to the game, just the audience that plays it. Just saying...

This CoD changes things up, which is interesting to me. I may or may not end up checking this out later.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Campaign is great and challenging especially strike force missions when it comes to multiplayer I have been using the first shotgun 870 it's great I have gold camo on it already and kdr 1.80 so it's pretty good, I play hard point and CTF, it's a good game, but yeah it's all about reflexes if you are slow you will die

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    I noticed most of your Pros and essentially all of your Cons aren't pertaining to the game, just the audience that plays it. Just saying...

This CoD changes things up, which is interesting to me. I may or may not end up checking this out later.

I agree with Digitalman here. When you got to the MP part of your review you were more concerned about the audience than the game itself.

Anyways, in my opinion, the MP is loads of fun. I have my moments where I throw a tantrum or lag a whole lot but I still have a blast. Still haven't gave the campaign a chance but will pretty soon. As for the Zombies, I find that pretty fun and more difficult than the previous game Black Ops.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Too Hot

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    It sucks,treyarch is overrated and so ist this game. This game has alot of problems. Somehow i feel like i got robbed
    I'm guessing you also think grammar sucks and is overrated.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the sig and djunglist for the avy

"I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets, then never leaves his house cause he thinks his car's possessed"

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    are you still bitching and crying? get over it dude. you're just like all the fanboys out there who hate the game not because it's bad but because it's actually done something that hasn't been done in a CoD game in many years and that's change the formula for success. i don't care what you say about this game. it IS the best CoD game ever made. period. you have to be a complete jack ass not to see it.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Legendary...Nuff Said

My honest review of Black Ops II:

10/10, best game ever. It's so different and innovative and so much unlike all the other CoDs because you play as THE Black Op. Mind blown.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I'm guessing you also think grammar sucks and is overrated.
    As if that had anything to do with him being able to have an opinion of the game, regardless of it being biased or not.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    As if that had anything to do with him being able to have an opinion of the game, regardless of it being biased or not.
    still busting peoples balls i see lol keep up the good work bro

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post

10/10, best game ever. It's so different and innovative and so much unlike all the other CoDs because you play as THE Black Op. Mind blown.
    Why you ever left the RT is still beyond me when you now give reviews like that

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Chaos will follow

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post

JackAttack

We're making it happen. Now.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Why you ever left the RT is still beyond me when you now give reviews like that
    Why Gauss let him in is still beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    still busting peoples balls i see lol keep up the good work bro
    That's what I do .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    are you still bitching and crying? get over it dude. you're just like all the fanboys out there who hate the game not because it's bad but because it's actually done something that hasn't been done in a CoD game in many years and that's change the formula for success. i don't care what you say about this game. it IS the best CoD game ever made. period. you have to be a complete jack ass not to see it.
    Hell fkin yeah!!!! what a statement and what a fkin game!

Best cod game ever! Infact, best shooter ever! I was losing faith in cod games after mw3 was a cheap version of mw2, but now black ops 2 has truly smashed it in every way possible. Its the first game thats flawless and the only one i give a 10 to!!

Well done treyarch

haters gonna hate

cry me a river

Lvl 2 - Bronze

even though i don't have the game yet, this game looks really good n had made some improvements then the last black ops they made.MP looks great and zombies looks addicting as ever. the only problem i have with the game is the annoying lag but overall its a good game and looking forward into buying it

Lvl 5 - Silver

Since you want to start at game reviews, See this video. You'll learn a lot of Game Reviews and how to make good reviews.

PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 9 - Gold

Haven't got it I'm actually surprised at how much better it looks than i expected from a COD game, I still don't think ill be getting it though.

That pick 10 thing looks pretty good also compared to what you used to have and it looks like the shotguns and stuff actually work decently in this game also.

Deathless Destroyer

Well according to what I've read so far, they give you lots of options for multiplayer and campaign pre-customisation. However despite what I've read so far, I still find it hard to believe that the multiplayer is better than MW1's one.

For those who don't know much about MW1 - to put it simply - MW1's multiplayer (disregarding the hackers) is one of the most balanced and simple FPS multiplayer's in the world, and that is what makes it stand out from everything else. It only has 3 killstreaks (3,5,7) which heavily do not promote stuff like boosting. I won't go much further, but it would take something special, despite every other of the CoD's installments efforts, to match MW1's mp. BO II might match it, but I'm not so sure atm.

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbunt83 View Post
    Hell fkin yeah!!!! what a statement and what a fkin game!

Best cod game ever! Infact, best shooter ever! I was losing faith in cod games after mw3 was a cheap version of mw2, but now black ops 2 has truly smashed it in every way possible. Its the first game thats flawless and the only one i give a 10 to!!

Well done treyarch

haters gonna hate

cry me a river
    haters gonna hate!!!!!!WELL SAID

Its plugged into the wall

Hold on a goddamn minute... They've changed the formula? It doesn't 100% feel like the previous game? Well... That's neat.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast