Strike Force missions question

This is a discussion on Strike Force missions question within the Call of Duty: Black Ops II forum, part of the C; I have a very basic (and probably stupid) question for anyone in the community who can provide some very much ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Strike Force missions question

I have a very basic (and probably stupid) question for anyone in the community who can provide some very much needed help, regarding the Strike Force missions. What I want to know is : how do I access them within the context of playing through the story, so that they count towards story progress and affect the outcome of the story? The only way Iíve been able to play through the Strike Force missions is by selecting ĎReplay Missioní and doing it from there, which apparently doesnít count toward story progress, as all of my strike force missions were showing as failed by the time I hit Ch. 8 or 9, even though I had completed them by that time. Iíve tried every option in every menu but I canít figure it out. Did I do something wrong early on? Did I accidentally make an incorrect selection on something without knowing it? I have no problem rewinding the story if need be (going to have to do so anyways) but I need to know where to rewind it back to and what to do to set things right so I can accomplish them and have it affect the outcome of the story. Any info is appreciated and thanks in advance!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

The Bushiest Pig

Basically, Strike Force missions heavily effect certain trophies and the ending of the game (depending on which you do and don't do). They each have their own trophy, but do not effect the trophy for beating the game on Hardened or Veteran.

Now as to finding them, rewind the story back to about Old Wounds (i believe). I'm pretty sure this is when the missions become available. Use either the Left Stick or the Right Stick and if a Strike Force mission is available it will move to that mission. You also have only a certain time frame to do them, like a few you must complete before you beat 3 main story levels, or else it will be counted as a loss.

If it's any help, the Strike Force mission Second Chance comes right after the level Karma (if DeFalco escapes with Chloe). Dispatch is available when the mission Achilles' Veil can be played, but Dispatch MUST be done before you do Achilles' Veil or else you won't be able to do it.

FOB Spectre and Shipwrecked are unlocked at the same time, early on. I think they are available as soon as you can play Old Wounds.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I need help guys how do I play a strike force mission?
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

WHO DAT!!!!

just before you start a new campaign chapter where it show ur loadout, u have the ability to scroll right to highlight the strikeforce mission...just hit start and ur playing a strikeforce mission, hope this helps

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    just before you start a new campaign chapter where it show ur loadout, u have the ability to scroll right to highlight the strikeforce mission...just hit start and ur playing a strikeforce mission, hope this helps
    Thanks for that
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    Thanks for that
    Based on YouTube videos, when on the campaign screen you can switch between menus, one of which is the avaliable Strike Force missions.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

most missions are too hard on vet diff so recomend on recruit and if your story is finished already the only way to get them back is to rewind all the way back to when the 1st 1 is available and do the campaign again!! (i think its chap 3) then as gixx said scroll right ext.