Sound Problems

This is a discussion on Sound Problems within the Call of Duty: Black Ops II forum, part of the C; Sometimes when I play online, the sound is fine one minute and then it starts to flicker and it's impossible ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sound Problems

Sometimes when I play online, the sound is fine one minute and then it starts to flicker and it's impossible to hear zombies. It must be the game itself because I've had it happen so I quit and played another game and the sound was fine. Has anyone else suffered this or do I just have a dodgy copy?

PRO Member

Do you run your audio through a receiver or is it straight to the TV?
    I used to have problems with audio in Bioshock and Deadspace because my receiver would cut out. It was generally during times where there was a lot of noise and probably overloaded the receiver.
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My audio is ran through the tv. How did you go about fixing it? It doesn't always happen but whenever it does it always happens when I'm playing Black Ops 2 and online

PRO Member

I never fixed it i just endured it. You could try changing the audio settings in the Blops 2 menu. it has settings for headphones, quiet, loud, etc. Maybe switching it to the quietest setting might help but dont expect any change really; its a long-shot
    Personally I havent had any audio problems with Blops 2 so Im not sure why ur experiencing this problem...could be the disc i suppose

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ahh I see. Yeah it's worth a try none-the-less. Whenever it happens I normally tend to restart my console and the problem goes away so it's not a permanent problem just from time to time. Thanks though

I love football season!

I had that happen to me one time. Someone had called in one of the helicopter scorestreaks and from that point forward all I could hear was the sound of loud constant rotor-blades. I had to restart the PS3 for it to quit doing it.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This problem happened to me in MW3 for a few seconds then went back to normal. I played Black Ops II for a whiel now and had no problems. Try to contact treyarch. Also is this just for zombies?
    Don't grumble if you don't get what you want, your lucky you don't get what you deserve.

Lvl 4 - Silver

You're not the only one with this problem. I've have had it numerous times on Multiplayer and so searched the web for an answer. However, any related posts or videos that I've found, all state that no-one has a fix for it yet, and that Treyarch are the only people who can sort it out?

Lvl 4 - Silver

It happens every now and then to me. I have two different ones either its a loud static sound or no sound at all quitting the game and restarting it have worked for me everytime.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

PRO Member

just had some sound problems in zombies...everything was fine and then all of a sudden in ~round 8 the sound went from being normal to a bunch of nonsense.

The devs involved in these audio bugs should be fired

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A different issue from you guys but I had a bug happen to me where I couldnt hear any gun fire. Its only happened once but it was really annoying. Resetting Ps3 sorted it.

And also had the constant helicopter rotor noise.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've got a new tv (Christmas present to myself) and so far haven't had any sound problems with zombies. My zombie stats have been cleared though, not sure why.
    I've only had one problem involving sound since and that was the same as Dadey83's where I couldn't hear any gun fire but that sorted itself once I died

Lvl 9 - Gold

I believe it's a problem with the game. We just have to wait for a patch. My friends and I have gotten it.
    Platbar by Wadefan1