The lack of originiality in this game...

This is a discussion on The lack of originiality in this game... within the Call of Duty: Black Ops II forum, part of the C; I'm talking about multiplayer, guys. Let me explain. 3arc purposely made the Create-a-Class system the way they did to basically ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The lack of originiality in this game...

I'm talking about multiplayer, guys. Let me explain.

3arc purposely made the Create-a-Class system the way they did to basically allow players to make classes that fit their play style, be it aggressive or passive or both. It was designed to more or less invoke originality within players. At least that's what I think, as it makes sense.

But please tell me...why is it that it seems Call of Duty goes through trends online? What I mean is one person creates a class and they find that it works incredibly well. A certain gun matched with a certain attachment with a certain set of perks = ultimate death dealing class. And people start to catch on, then everyone follows suit. Every game you go into there's at least 5-7 people with practically the same set-up. Then the trend fades out as someone else creates another class that works well, then everyone starts copying that. And so on.
    It seems like (gun wise) it went from the AN-94 to the MP7 to the R870 to the PDW to the Scorpion to the Chicom to the FAL and then to the LMGs. And it's still kind of stuck on the Scorpion/LMGs/FAL. Then everyone uses the same type of perks, or the Shock charge/Betty trap, or whatever else.
    Why is it that people can't be creative with their Create-a-Class? Instead of people altering the classes to their play style, it seems they're altering their play style to use a certain class because everyone else is using it. I just don't get it and it really rather annoys me. Especially the LMGs. Today I played about 15 or so games of TDM. A good 90% of those matches were filled with practically everyone using a LMG.
    Are people lazy, or what?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 9 - Gold

If it works, it will catch on. It's like fads in music or clothing etc.

I notice the PDW is trending right now. I still love the R870 and you might blame me for wrecking face with it since day 1 .

People are lazy. Most Cod players are kids or dumb uneducated adults (notice how I specified with MOST).

Just play your way, but ALWAYS use Engineer.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    If it works, it will catch on. It's like fads in music or clothing etc.

I notice the PDW is trending right now. I still love the R870 and you might blame me for wrecking face with it since day 1 .

People are lazy. Most Cod players are kids or dumb uneducated adults (notice how I specified with MOST).

Just play your way, but ALWAYS use Engineer.
    I don't mind the R870 since I use it as well. Lately I haven't seen many others using it, though. But I agree with you on the most cod players part...pretty sad.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can't agree with you more

The way i see it with overpowered gun on COD
    COD: Black ops = AK47
    COD: MW3 = ACR and MP7
    COD: Blops 2 = Nearly all SMGS and AN-94

And everytime I go into a match I always end up on the shit team that gets spawn trapped by a bunch of kids with overpowered classes with all the high killstreaks, It'll be a damn nightmare to prestige in that game

”How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!’” - Unknown

Deathless Destroyer

Not to mention everyone using either the AK47, MP5 or Scorpion in MW1, and the TAR-21, FAMAS and Scorpion as well on MW2.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by That Hobo View Post

And everytime I go into a match I always end up on the shit team that gets spawn trapped by a bunch of kids with overpowered classes with all the high killstreaks, It'll be a damn nightmare to prestige in that game
    The only overpowered SMG is PDW-57. Everything else has it's weaknesses.

AN-94? Powerful, but a slow as hell fire rate.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

didnt play much online in blops 1, but blops 2 well the running and gunning with smg's is harsh especially with stock on

the broken camera angles and blind spots in peripheral are enough to make me look for another online game to play
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

This is a common phenomenon in all online games and it's a deliberate game mechanic. It's called the metagame which tends to exploit Flavour of the Month gear in a rock-paper-scissors battle of the builds.

Guild Wars (the first one, not the shitty sequel) has an incredible metagame where they need to balance the synergy of up to 64 skills (8 characters with 8 skills each) and you get some amazingly powerful solo, team co-op and team MP builds in the process. The developers nerf and buff specific skills to mix it up on a regular basis.

I don't play CoD MP, but I imagine the devs do the same thing when they notice one FotM build dominating other classes.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by That Hobo View Post

In Black Ops you fore-got the FAMAS and AK74u.

BO2 its always the PDW or Type 95.

The One and Only

It looks like many people want to play the online for the kills or to be the best, so to be that, they want to make sure they get the best classes and set-ups known to the online community. Once someone finds something that's even better, people want to copy that to continue to be the best on the match.

Of course those with a great amount of skill don't need to rely on these, but even though skills plays a bigger role than weapons, alot of people think of it the other way around.

I've never played Black Ops II, so I have absolutely no idea what goes on in that game aside from what this thread states, but I'm posting base on logic that I believe makes sense (and it up for debate). Just my two cents.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

VitaUnlocked

I agree wit this thread also loads of people use the XPR-50 or SVU-AS which are pretty overpowered too. MP7,PDW and MSMC are all overpowered. Also that stupid target finder

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Target Finder is just ridiculous. If you can't figure out when you're looking at an enemy or when to shoot them on your own...just throw your disc in the trash. I cannot stand that attachment. Getting kills shouldn't be as simple as camping up in a high vantage point with a LMG and target finder.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

To be honest I think that those who use SVU or XPR are either total noobs. Or there trying to get diamond gold camo.