IGN Twitter Poll: Activision, We Don't Want More CoD

This is a discussion on IGN Twitter Poll: Activision, We Don't Want More CoD within the Call of Duty: Black Ops forum, part of the C; If you follow IGN on Twitter, you had a chance to vote in this poll, which is at least 90% ...

Retired TGT Member

IGN Twitter Poll: Activision, We Don't Want More CoD

If you follow IGN on Twitter, you had a chance to vote in this poll, which is at least 90% meaningless, but still kinda fun.

Early yesterday they put out these two tweets:

You'll notice I re-Tweeted my vote against another CoD game.

Ten hours later they hinted at the current results (current as of their tweet):

Seems a majority of people voted against another CoD game

A couple things to note here. First, this is polling data. Guaranteed to be inaccurate to some degree. Second, some people vote for the hell of it, like me. I voted against, but I honestly don't care. In fact part of me wants another CoD game because *sigh I'll say it again* it keeps n00bs out of my Assassin's Creed MP lobbies.

Lastly, and this is really the big one: the question is asymmetrical. The first part asks if you're excited for Black Ops 2 while the second part asks if whether you want more CoD games by Activision. This leaves out responses like "I want another CoD game, but not Black Ops 2" and "I want another CoD game, but by somebody other than Activision".

So this is all interesting, but all meaningless as well.

The One and Only

People don't want another CoD game? About time we're seeing some improvements here!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i remember this from yesterday and was too lazy to vote fore one of them but i wouldve voted for the top one. btw whats your twitter

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Big Boss

I want them to make a game better than call of duty, one can only hope

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

Nope, nothing

Doesn't really surprise me. I think you'll find that most of the online gaming community that actually take part in forums and visit sites like IGN, aren't that focused on CoD games...those players are too busy, well, playing CoD.

The reason CoD games do so well I think, is the casual gamers who love the titles and will buy one each year to play with their friends.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

I love call of duty, and enjoy playing it. Heres an idea, if you dont like a game, why would you rant on it if you dont like it. With that said, I smell fanboys. I don't like Battlefield but do you see me going to their forums and talking crap? No. Because I don't like it. So, people who rant on any games are FANBOYS. P.S, Activision does not care if you like it or not as long as they keep breaking sale records and earning all that money.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

The Bushiest Pig

I wonder how many of those who vited were just haters? Cause we know what they can do ... just look at when MW3 first came out and people (probably haters) we're blindly giving MW3 a 0 or 1 out of 10.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    I love call of duty, and enjoy playing it. Heres an idea, if you dont like a game, why would you rant on it if you dont like it. With that said, I smell fanboys. I don't like Battlefield but do you see me going to their forums and talking crap? No. Because I don't like it. So, people who rant on any games are FANBOYS. P.S, Activision does not care if you like it or not as long as they keep breaking sale records and earning all that money.
    Well we're rather agnostic anyway. As a forum, we don't take sides for or against things like game series. CoD vs. BF, for example.

People that get all pissed off when people rant on their games are fanboys too. Though I don't really like the term "fanboy" anyway. You could call me a Chipotle fanboy because I'd rather eat at Chipotle than Qdoba. But then you'd be an idiot

Resident PHD

A Chipotle fanboy killed my Father...we are now enemies

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    A Chipotle fanboy killed my Father...we are now enemies
    wtf wtf wtf

Kiwi Defender

Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    If A couple things to note here. First, this is polling data. Guaranteed to be inaccurate to some degree. Second, some people vote for the hell of it, like me. I voted against, but I honestly don't care. In fact part of me wants another CoD game because *sigh I'll say it again* it keeps n00bs out of my Assassin's Creed MP lobbies.
    Your Ass Creed lobbies lack CoD fanboys, because those fanboys want FPS multiplayer, not Ass Creed multiplayer. They migrate to other FPS games, not Ass Creed ones lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by connman88 View Post
    I want them to make a game better than call of duty, one can only hope
    ^This.

But I do want Zombies on Blops 2 first

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Because most of the people who play CoD wouldn't go online and post in forums and vote in polls.

Besides, this is good, but I seriously don't think it'll make any difference.

PRO Member

COD is not bad games at all, they just feel more like map packs to the previous title than actual retail releases
    And just like Nagflar said the COD fans don't play AC because its not their kind of game not because they've got COD instead
    But just like MW3, its not a game ill use any money on, but if I did happen to receive the game as a gift sure id play it

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM