Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

46 year old man hunts down and attacks 13 year old Call of Duty baiter

This is a discussion on 46 year old man hunts down and attacks 13 year old Call of Duty baiter within the Call of Duty: Black Ops forum, part of the C; This is what happens when parents go out and buy Chode of Duty: Blops for their kiddy-winks. Sure, the 46 ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

This is what happens when parents go out and buy Chode of Duty: Blops for their kiddy-winks. Sure, the 46 year old was stupid and immature for doing what he did, but who's to blame? The child for mocking him all day, the man for being immature, or the ignorant parents for buying an 18+ game for 13 year old who straps himself to the TV and plays online all day?

If parents can't seize control of their kids and what they're playing then when something like this occurs who's to blame? When I was that age my parents knew everything I was playing, and the same goes for my older brother and sisters. We never ended up in this sort of trouble, and for good reason.

How hard is it really?
    Last edited by Kerwan_Ratchet; 09-30-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ha. Taught the little bastard a lesson. This is a learning... and scarring experience for him.
    It's Okay... I'm a limo driver
    Member since October 28th, 2009

Okay I'm getting Arkham City...So sue me...

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    Well.. if we look at what kind of kids are growing up in todays society and then look at what kind of things go on with online gaming.. the answer is kinda obvious to be honest as much as I'd hate to say. :/

No parent wants to bring up a delinquent in society but pretty much any form of media kids are exposed to and not edcuated about can have consequences down the line, now days even having a kid locked up in his room with internet access can have a derogative effect on him/her on it's own if they can't tell the difference between what's acceptable or not, when the parents think they're safe and not outside doing things they shouldn't, they become unsociable brats.

It's all just a vicious circle that some people don't know how to handle or cope with. It's sad really.
    i agree on that, technology is not advancing for the better all the time. But i won't blame the parents 100% on the issues of children, although they play a big role on it. There's no such thing as a perfect parent, and, unfortunately, you can't really blame them too much for the ignorance or stupidity of their actions. Maybe they were raised to where they were unhappy and had a gloomy childhood, and they didn't want to see their children go through the same thing, but i don't know, it's a possibility.

In general, the parents should be blamed for the incident, but so should the 46 year old man, lacking the self control to at least think about what he's doing. I can't imagine how beating up an innocent kid is going to make anyone feel better when the kid really didn't do anything wrong but play a videogame, and whether or not the kid was supposed to play it based on his age didn't really make a difference since it could be in any other FPS game that's Rated T like MAG or Brink.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I hate to say it but good for him. So many people hide behind the Internet thinking they can do whatever they want because no one can catch them. Did the guy go to far...probably. But hopefully that stupid kid will learn a lesson and that this might be a lesson to all the parents out there to monitor what their children are doing and saying.
    I agree. Some people need to be taught a lesson. It pisses me off that I can be abused online and do essentially nothing to the person doing it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Who hard is it really?
    wut

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    wut
    I mean for parents to control what games their kids are playing and what content it has. :stare:

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I mean for parents to control what games their kids are playing and what content it has. :stare:
    ohhhh, you meant "How hard is it for them to control what they play?" ...yea I could totally see that from "Who hard is it really?"

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by jondeere View Post
    hasn't something like this happened before? not a kid and older guy, but i thought i heard about to people really finding each other like in a cafe or something over a counter-strike game lol.
    Yeah. There was a thread about that on the old site. People are messed up when it comes to gamer rage.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    ohhhh, you meant "How hard is it for them to control what they play?" ...yea I could totally see that from "Who hard is it really?"
    Yeah. "Who" and "How" are completely different words in terms of spelling, aren't they? It would be impossible to see any form of a connection. :stare:

A plat a month!

All I have to say is now I have seen a new low for humanity.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

LOL how did he get the kids address lol that's crazy
    METAL!!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    1) parents need to control their kids, weve all heard the way some of these infants talk online and its stupid. My kid would be hanging in the closet hanging by his feet upside down for being disrespectful
    This sir is good parenting. Parents nowadays are way to soft with their kids. They let them do whatever they want, smh.

sig by Auburn

Lvl 2 - Bronze

...and what was a 13 year old boy doing playing an 18-rated game?
    I lol'd.

CoD's the most rage-inducing game in my opinion. What the man did was wrong but completely understandable at the same time.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010

Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I should start this post off by saying I don't play online that much. Still, I don't know if I believe this story completely. How did he figure out where the kid lived? How long did that take? Even if the kid told him his address; he still had to drive over to his house. in such a blinding rage that he physically assaulted a child. Really? He was that mad and didn't get pulled over for some traffic violation or end up in an accident? He never thought to mute the little punk? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, and if it's true I can only blame the adults. The parents for giving a game to her kid that he(not all 13-year-olds) couldn't handle. The man for hunting down and assaulting a child. That's just ridiculous.

Ghost Assassin

Oh, I've learned my lesson from MW2, the most rage inducing game ever if you actually try to play competitively for kills. If you play casually just for entertainment, it can be more rewarding and almost non-rage inducing. Little kids with mics ruin the game so much, so I can understand, but in no way do I condone his actions. He could have left the match like an intelligent individual would have, but he just had to attack the kid.

Resident PHD

I think this is called for

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Mista J

man this is a hot topic. we should make this a sticky lol. but yea i'm sure this wont be the last time someone try's to doing something like this.

Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

Closing this account

"M for Mature" so i hope the mother is not trying to sue the game company for that guy slapping her silly.

On the edge

Lol, I bet the kid did something like snuck up behind the guy and sent him a message over the XMB to turn around and when he did then he killed him........that pisses people off every time.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow. 46 year old and unemployed with 3 kids, then goes to strangle a 13 year old? This is the epiphany of stupidity. As for how he got the address, that's easy. The kid told him his address while shit talking. a lot of kids do it thinking nothing will happen.

Also, whats wrong with a 13 year old playing a COD game, or a rated M game? If anything it's good for them to expose them to that sort of "violence", nudity, and language. It'll make your kid think twice about wanting to cuss or do something stupid. And on that note, not only was I exposed to it when I was extremely young, my nephew plays COD MW1, 2, BO and he just turned 10. It's the parenting that needs to help enforce whats right and wrong.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast