View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

4 6.15%
  • 2 - Easy

5 7.69%
  • 3 - Moderate

32 49.23%
  • 4 - Hard

20 30.77%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 6.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: Black Ops forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Nope, nothing

Moderate for this one.
    Veteran is a challenge but the trophies for Zombies aren't that difficult (with help )

Goons everywhere

I gave this 4 for hard but just barely crossing over to 4. Veteran was pretty hard but I felt like it was cheap. Sometimes you could take a few hits before dying and others times your dead in one hit. The mission that was really hard was "Executive Order" in the tunnel with infinite enemies coming out. Then the Zombie Trophies were very annoying as you needed a good partner and also getting the weapons you need is lucked based. I went through that weapon box well over 200 times before either my partner or I got the weapons we needed.

PRO Member

I like the game. The single player on veteran was good definately not the hardest. I gave it a hard rating because i suck at zombies. If it wasn't for matt6skills helping me out i would have never gotten this plat

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY APOKOLYPZ

since March '09

a complete walk in the park

Kiwi Defender

Moderate. Veteran offered no real challenge, but Sacrificial Lamb and See me, Stab Me, Heal Me took way too long thanks to the mistery box's random factor.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

easy

the only hard trophies were veternan. they took a bit of time for me everything was easy b4 black ops came out i was already quite good at zombies player so the zombie trophies were so easy and so was the online trophies

PRO Member

I voted Moderate. Veteran was harder than MW and MW2 but not W@W. The zombies trophies are easy if you're good at zombies, but most people seem to have problems with them, good for keeping the n00bs away from the plat

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - Which by Call of Duty standards is easy. Definitely the easiest Call of Duty plat.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

PRO Member

Moderate - Spent way too much time on Zombies getting those stupid random weps.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 1 - Bronze

it was a 3..the zombie trophies were the most challenging for me..
    Add me on Psn- Meil06

Lvl 9 - Gold

moderate becuase of veternan and zombie trophies rest is easy

Lvl 7 - Gold

moderate
    game had some trophies which were annoying
    like the zombie one where you have to pack a punch based on luck to even get the stupid crossbow
    some veteran missions were tough other then that it was easy

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate: The fifth level on Veteran was hard and the zombie trophies were tough unless you were in a good team but still it's probably the easiest of the COD's to plat.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

The Old Guy

I would have voted moderate based on the campaign, which was only slightly more difficult than MW2, but those zombie trophies were a huge pain.

I voted hard.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

im saying this game is moderate cause veteran mode is so cheap like mortal kombat 1, and 2 as in doing the same moves over and over. the hardest mission was Executive Order and Rebirth Island where you drive the tank. really? man it was so frustrating not even modern warfare 2 was like this, everything else was easy peasy

No Game No Life

Easy. SP was a breeze. Zombie mode was though I spent too much time on zombie mode because getting the crossbow took me a thousand times before I managed to get it

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would say Moderate because there are some Veteran-difficulty trophies that are hard to achieve. That is also taking into consideration that a lot of the trophies are glitched. As far as the Zombies' trophies go, they are very easy based on the difficulty, but they may be time consuming.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010

Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

Huge Gaming Backlog

Veteran mode wasn't to bad except sometimes you were in battle and the enemy would somehow run right past all the guys on your team and come right up to you and shoot you. The buy all weapons in a single zombies match was hard until I exploited the glitch on the map five. The one where you get on the table in the room you start in. Staying up there to rack up enough points then jumping off and running around buying all the weapons.
    The pack-a-punch crossbow trophy and the throwing knife one was the hardest. Me and a mate ended up doing it split-screen after a bit of time trying.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

for me is somewhere between moderate and and hard. primarily because of the cheapness of the campaign (stupid khe sanh) and the annoying zombie ones. ill go with moderate in the poll

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast