Can't invite friends?

This is a discussion on Can't invite friends? within the Call of Duty: Black Ops forum, part of the C; I'm not able to invite my friend to a party, why not? He can invite me and join my session, ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Can't invite friends?

I'm not able to invite my friend to a party, why not? He can invite me and join my session, but I can't invite him to anything. Zombies or online. Any ideas?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum

Really? Works fine with me, well I guess it works for most people. Make sure when you sent an invitation, you see a green check mark that says: "SENT". If you still see it and still doesn't work, then I'm not sure why.

If you wanna be the host and you want your friends to join ya, why can't they just join your session by going into the friend list and just join? So much quicker than inviting. Inviting just helps for those who aren't awared of if you wanted to play together. Hope this helps.
    Please NO Blank Friend Requests, otherwise I will simply ignore them.

PSN: Doksuri

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Check your party privacy.
    Make sure it's not on Closed.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Might be the common 'Strict' NAT issue.

It's only really a noticeable problem with COD, but it may pretty much affect all other online connections you have with other games.

Go to the online multiplayer menu, it will say 'NAT Type', and it may say 'open' or 'strict'.

If it's Strict, you are f*cked.

I've tried to no avail to get this sh*t to work, but you'll just have to try for yourself, you may get different results.

....If it is your NAT Type, that is.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

My guess, it may bbe your NAT type
    I had a similar problem with certain friends with my moderate NAT type.
    As to solving the problem, I have no real idea, never found an answer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My NAT is type 2 (the standard type for wireless connections) so it's not the NAT. My UPnP is working fine as well. I can invite in MW2 and MW3, but not in B.O. The option to invite is just shaded out. The party privacy isn't an issue because I told my friend it wasn't letting me invite him and he joined in no problem while I was writing him another message.
    I don't know what it could be.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 4 - Silver

It was working fine for me earlier on my other PSN.

Maybe it's a connection issue?

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TheExiledMarine View Post
    It was working fine for me earlier on my other PSN.

Maybe it's a connection issue?
    Yeah it's gotta be something with my connection even though the NAT type is open.