Activision Purchases BlackOps2.com

This is a discussion on Activision Purchases BlackOps2.com within the Call of Duty: Black Ops forum, part of the C; Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Activision Purchases BlackOps2.com

Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.
    Source: Report: Activision Prepping Black Ops 2 - Xbox360 News at IGN

This is still a rumor but since Activision bought the domain, this might be true.
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Source: Report: Activision Prepping Black Ops 2 - Xbox360 News at IGN

This is still a rumor but since Activision bought the domain, this might be true.
    I just looked it up, MarkMonitor is the registrar. But I doubt there going to make a Black Ops 2.... too many nerds complained about it. They say the gameplay was horrific, when yet it was better then Mw2, and W@W... (Nothing Beats CoD4)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I just looked it up, MarkMonitor is the registrar. But I doubt there going to make a Black Ops 2.... too many nerds complained about it. They say the gameplay was horrific, when yet it was better then Mw2, and W@W... (Nothing Beats CoD4)

As far as the Single-player goes, the potential in Black Ops was absolutely epic, but the multiplayer portion didn't even bloody work, so I don't see where you get off there :/

Whatever they do, it better not be zombies, I want a warrant for their blood after that complete neglection.

Nope, nothing

It does seem like the logical step for the developers to take

Thanks Eddie

I doubt complaining about it will stop it from being made, loads of people complain every year about EVERY new CoD coming out...and they still break sales records

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    It does seem like the logical step for the developers to take

Thanks Eddie

I doubt complaining about it will stop it from being made, loads of people complain every year about EVERY new CoD coming out...and they still break sales records
    Then they complain about the new CoD and play the last one. Then the next one comes out, they complain about that one and play the last one.

This is something that will always happen
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    As far as the Single-player goes, the potential in Black Ops was absolutely epic, but the multiplayer portion didn't even bloody work, so I don't see where you get off there :/

Whatever they do, it better not be zombies, I want a warrant for their blood after that complete neglection.
    The Single Player was amazing, and so was the Multiplayer. It wasnt full of noob tubers, or wanna-be quickscopers. You could actually use the gun you wanted to in SnD. Not saying Mw3 is anyworse... I'd much rather play it then Mw2 still...

Lvl 6 - Silver

i would buy it....(I buy every COD no matter what) but dont understand where they would take the story on after the ending of black ops.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

The Bushiest Pig

Tbh there most likely will be a sequel, if not undoubtedly. Here are just a few things:

1.) At the end Weaver says "It's over Mason, we've won" then Mason replies "For now".

2.)

Toggle Spoiler

3.) After decoding stuff from the SP details (first word of military words and teh 18-4 for example, but put into the alphabet) it reads "Reznov is dead, or is he? Not who he says he is." So there could be more to him then meets they eye.

4.) The intel you collect solidified me into believing in a sequel:

Toggle Spoiler

1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

after my experience with black ops, i will approach cod games from treyarch with extreme caution

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

*insert Latin phrase*

Eh, I wouldn't expect much less. Activision's so caught up in the CoD fame that they'll pull out most anything.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Yankees And Packers <3

yea i enjoyed black ops so im excited for another