View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

2 11.76%
  • 4 - Hard

13 76.47%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 11.76%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty Classic forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Royal Flush X2

4 Hard or 8/10 The trophies are straight foward and does require 3 playthroughs and 2 of them are easy since you do get health packs but the Veteran Playthrough is no joke. It only takes around 2-3 hits before your dead and there is no health packs at all. For the most part take cover and take your time but the Lorry Escape had me raging as even when ducking in the truck you still get hit. Because of Veteran this plat is no joke
    Last edited by omnislash; 08-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

The Old Guy

Finishing this game on Veteran is not easy, especially for most of us who are used to regenerating health. The only good thing is that if you have some patience and a good memory, you will know exactly where every enemy is going to spawn and you rarely have to face more than a few at a time.

I voted hard.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's tough as fuck, I don't understand how people get through this so casually.

Still, if anyone is attempting this, it may help to know you can play your own music over the game's original audio via the in-game XMB.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

It was hard, but got easier. I started on Hardened first, so get the feel and to know the spawns, then I did it on veteran, which felt easier than hardened because I already knew what to do. Regular was just a breeze.

Once you know the spawns, just go prone and tilt round the corner, kill anyone ther, then rush up to trigger a check point.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Hard.
    The checkpoints were dependent on your remaining health, and it was tough not to get hit, lol.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Very Hard. Veteran was insane i was stuck on the German ship mission for nearly a whole day >.> the fact that you only get checkpoints when you have at least 3/4th health any less no checkpoints sucked. plus no health packs doesn help either.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted hard.. The veteran was very hard, but the rest was poc..

PRO Member

4 - Hard. Most of the trophies are fairly straightforward, the big two problems are that difficulty trophies do not stack and Veteran difficulty is a bitch.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Regional Manager of War

4. Hard

The checkpoints are screwy on veteran and sometimes they won't give you one even though you have over 50% health and there are times the game will give you one even though you have 30% left. The trophies are straightforward but Veterean will take alot of patience to go through since you die in 2-3 shots. The game requires 3 playthroughs but once you do Veterean the game is a cakewalk from there since the other 2 difficulties have med packs.

www.powerpyx.com

4/5
    One of the hardest Shooter campaigns I've seen so far (Killzone 2 is still harder). Takes some time to get through this.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

To those who have platinumed this game.. would you say this is more or less difficult than World at War? I'm thinking about getting this game and so far I've heard, and seen posts saying, that this game is pretty solid to complete

Lvl 3 - Bronze

in my opinion this was harder than World at War. Veteran was just ridiculous, but when you complete it it's like a weights been lifted off.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

4 - Hard

Aside from the beating the game on Veteran, this game is pretty easy. But Veteran is so bad, that it alone made this game a 4 for me. You'll will literally need to memorize every enemy spawn location on every map if you really want this platinum, and YouTube tutorials can be very helpful along the way.

I still remember a lot of the spawn locations on this game and I got the platinum months ago. No question the hardest Call of Duty campaign, even more so that World at War. Pretty tough platinum overall.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game was a hard plat to get. I'd say that the Veteran mode made it that way. It was brutal! Everything else wasn't too bad. I'd rate this as one of the harder CoD plats.
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

4. Hard: Veteran difficulty in two specific areas of the game were absolutely brutal. Cheap deaths galore...