Rate Extinction - Good/Bad/Indifferent?

This is a discussion on Rate Extinction - Good/Bad/Indifferent? within the Call of Duty: Ghosts forum, part of the C; I've been a CoD Zombies fan since it all began with Nacht der Untoten on WaW, so I was intrigued ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Rate Extinction - Good/Bad/Indifferent?

I've been a CoD Zombies fan since it all began with Nacht der Untoten on WaW, so I was intrigued when the word first came out about Extinction. Since I haven't been able to try it yet, I'd like to know what the consensus is about this new mode from everyone (particularly my fellow Zombies fans).

So... is it good, bad, or are you indifferent?

What will I appreciate or hate as a long time Zombies player?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Personally I have enjoyed extinction mode so far! I like the fact there is a ending and that you can increase the difficulty each time you prestige in it...that's right you prestige in extinction mode too!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's great, I hadn't heard that yet!

Can people join in the middle of a game like in Zombies?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mjm180wr View Post
    Personally I have enjoyed extinction mode so far! I like the fact there is a ending and that you can increase the difficulty each time you prestige in it...that's right you prestige in extinction mode too!
    That is cool. I didn't know about the prestige. I like extinction also, very fun, I had some good players with me. I was the weakest link lol. Definitely fun tho. For me it was a little tougher than zombies, I did like the challenges, adds an element of skill to what you are doing.

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

Lvl 4 - Silver

Played this last night with my brother while getting drunk. It's very fun. Tough to start out. After some grinding to level up I really enjoyed it. What I remember anyways. Shit faced!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What's the likelihood of getting more maps for this mode in future map packs? Has there been any official confirmation either way?

She Got Me Up All Night

Extinction is fun when playing with people and mic's....You can join mid-game and they can upgrade their equipment as well from what I have seen. Prestiged twice and that is done automatically does it even if you're playing. You get to choose relics to make the game harder but I just don't understand why people want to use relics yet. I wish their were more options and classes to choose from but it is decent and the challenges seem to hard for some people.

People that don't upgrade their items and only look out for themselves suck! Game really doesn't pose a problem at all with people that know what they are doing and without the rhino's it is easy to progress. Maybe the DLC would allow for more maps like zombies did

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's great, let's play and get all the trophies. PSN: drunkdog306

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I played it with my buddy on split screen and it was fun, but it's nothing like zombies, it's way easier and it actually ends after an hour or so. Your objective is to escape and with 3 decent fps players it's a piece of cake.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I prefer extinction over zombies. cool idea that I spend more time on it than regular online mode. so yea extinction mode is a positive

Platinum Dohvakiin

I'm going to just sit aside my opinion of the idea of the game mode and just say this. I like extinction about as much as I liked playing zombies, which is not at all. I just find both game modes rather dull tbh.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I honestly cannot stand Extinction. I would have been happier with not having any extra game modes apart from campaign and multiplayer. I think the creators have gone too far with "expanding" an already flawed story from game to game. Even zombies mode started to get overdone.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------