View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

3 3.41%
  • 2 - Easy

12 13.64%
  • 3 - Moderate

37 42.05%
  • 4 - Hard

34 38.64%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.27%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Nope, nothing

I've voted it as Hard because of the Spec Ops missions (some of them anyway) and of course Veteran.

PRO Member

3 - Moderate. Easy game, the only problem are the spec ops trophies, you'll need a partner to get those. You also have to complete the campaign on veteran which isn't hard at all, I finished it in a day and there are no real challenging areas either.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Change is mediocre

4-Hard. Soec Ops, and veteran. Both were a pain in the ass

PRO Member

not the hardest of the call of duty games. i thought world at war was much harder. i thought it was a good storyline and alot of fun to play. definately start playing the game right away on veteran. spec ops was probably the only part that may give you some trouble unless you have a good partner. if you have a good partner the missions are much easier to do on veteran. y partner and i finished spec ops in three days. cant wait for mw3.
    THIS AWESOME AVY AND SIG BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247

in a kup

Only real tough part was Spec Ops, and that wasnt really that hard. By far the easiest out of all COD

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

2-Easy Campaign was made much easier without the infinite waves of non stop enemies, and without the enemies having an unlimited supply of grenades. COD classics was hard, [email protected] was hard, COD4 was moderate MW2 was easy campaign wise.

Spec Ops missions were all a breeze apart from 2 (I did it all on solo, apart from the AC-130 mission and the Chopper gunner one which had to be done 2 player). Most you could do a speed run through. The 2 that were hard were High Explosive (solo) and Estate Takedown.

Overall it was easy
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 9 - Gold

I voted 3. Hard

This game's spec ops is a pain in the ass. So is veteran story mode, but with a little video guides it was a lot easier. If you don't use guides for either veteran or spec-ops this is nearly impossible (most of the missions) Also, with the online lag for Spec Ops, it makes the missions almost impossible to complete.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate

Veteran was quite easy really but Spec Ops was tricky and you needed a good partner for it.

Fun Platinum though

Irish Rover

veteran was not too bad.. spec ops was the hardest part of the game
    loved the spec ops

since March '09

spec ops was indeed moderately difficult. other than that a walk in the park

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I voted for hard, mainly because of spec-ops. I didn't find veteran too bad other than a few spots. I honestly thought veteran on this was easier than hardened was on black ops

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 9 - Gold

moderate

veternan was kinda tought and spec ops was anoying and tough. everything else was easy becuase of guide on youtube

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted for moderate. 2 me it was the easiest COD on veteran, the only hard part was a few of those spec ops missions, but with a decent partner its not to bad.
    Sig and Avy by Beam

The Deathly Rhythm

Easy - Star 69 is the only hard trophy on this game
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 8 - Gold

Easy - The only thing remotely hard were the last few Spec Ops missions.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easier than most platinums I've gotten this is literally a joke of a Plat

Lvl 3 - Bronze

3 - Moderate

As mentioned by several previous posters, campaign was not too difficult on veteran. There were definitely tricky spots, but nothing so severe that I didn't think I'd be able to get through.

I did the majority of the Spec Ops missions solo, and they were challenging. With a partner, some of the missions were ridiculously easy, even on veteran, and some of them (wetwork) was pretty challenging.

I had a lot of fun with this game and can't wait for MW3.

Gotham's Reckoning

Hard: Because of Specc Ops and Veteran.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

A plat a month!

I voted moderate

Veteran wasn't too bad. A few places took a few tries but I ended up getting it relatively quickly.

Spec ops, 2 missions required online co op (or at least split screen), and finding someone w/ a mic was slightly troublesome. Also, some of those mission where difficult!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast