Tips to play like a pro in MW2

This is a discussion on Tips to play like a pro in MW2 within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 forum, part of the C; Hi, No i'm not giving tips (i wish...). I want to receive them instead. This is the best Multiplayer FPS ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Tips to play like a pro in MW2

Hi,

No i'm not giving tips (i wish...). I want to receive them instead. This is the best Multiplayer FPS that i've played so far and i really like to be better at it. Not that i'm all that bad (i'd say i'm fairly reasonable but always in the bottom half) just want to be better. Any tips?

Lvl 7 - Gold

some tips
    learn the maps find out common spots people like to go to
    learn the spawn system cod got bad spawn system and it not hard to figure out
    if you see red dot on radar and your just around the corner start shooting before you see the enemy
    if you see someone and you shot them and they got away do not chase them just move on and try find someone else there a high chance they have probably gone prone or hid somewhere waiting for you to pass
    look at mini map where your teammates are this usually gives you a idea where the other team might be also pay attention to the skulls above dead bodies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Here are some tips:

Firstly learn the maps properly.
    Secondly Pick the right gun & attachments.You won't wanna be using a rocket launcher in a small map.
    Thirdly when you're in close range apartments/buildings use a shotgun. When you're outside then use a machine pistol.
    Finally look for campers or snipers hiding in bushes/around corners.

By the way what game type do you play most??? Because I can give you different types of classes.

Plats-O'-War!!

Here's what I did: Jumped right in, and learned the hard way. I mean don't get me wrong, getting advice is a good way to go, I tried to get "advice", but it just didn't work for me. Also, get a feel for which guns, perks, classes, etc works for you. Another thing is the different game modes. Once you feel comfortable in a game mode, try another one. Don't limit yourself to just one mode, try to get better in a few different game modes.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

the best tip, play MW1 or some other shooter

Toggle Spoiler

Will Love you for Food

1. Learn all the maps (before you go out and buy a map pack too.)
    2. Don't worry people talking shit at you, ignore it, because most likely they're just jealous (unless your a camper.)
    3. Don't be a camper. It may be fun for you, but if you want to be a pro don't do that. It makes the game not fun for others.
    4. Be a good sport. Don't talk crap in the lobby.
    5. Use the UMP45 and the Tar-21 almsot exclusively. They are some of the best guns in the game. Slightly overused. You may not want to use overused guns, but they'll help you a lot. I didn't want to do it either, but a lot of other guns suck. Don't be afraid to try out other guns though, but I highly suggest the ump and Tar-21. You get them very early.
    6. Best perks that should work for you are:
    Blue Perks: If you like a lot of ammo and spray a lot use Scavenger. If your a fast player use Sleight of Hand.
    Red Perks: Highly suggest just using Stopping Power in case of lag.
    Green Perks: Use commando if you don't have a headset, use Ninja (when you get it) if you do have a head set.
    7. Don't prestige. It's pointless, and if you want to do good at the game, keep your stuff.
    8. Try and find some players to start a party, it's very helpful.

Hope that helps you out bro

Lvl 8 - Gold

- Don't fucking quickscope
    - Don't fucking camp

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Here's what I did: Jumped right in, and learned the hard way. I mean don't get me wrong, getting advice is a good way to go, I tried to get "advice", but it just didn't work for me. Also, get a feel for which guns, perks, classes, etc works for you. Another thing is the different game modes. Once you feel comfortable in a game mode, try another one. Don't limit yourself to just one mode, try to get better in a few different game modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    1. Learn all the maps (before you go out and buy a map pack too.)
    2. Don't worry people talking shit at you, ignore it, because most likely they're just jealous (unless your a camper.)
    3. Don't be a camper. It may be fun for you, but if you want to be a pro don't do that. It makes the game not fun for others.
    4. Be a good sport. Don't talk crap in the lobby.
    5. Use the UMP45 and the Tar-21 almsot exclusively. They are some of the best guns in the game. Slightly overused. You may not want to use overused guns, but they'll help you a lot. I didn't want to do it either, but a lot of other guns suck. Don't be afraid to try out other guns though, but I highly suggest the ump and Tar-21. You get them very early.
    6. Best perks that should work for you are:
    Blue Perks: If you like a lot of ammo and spray a lot use Scavenger. If your a fast player use Sleight of Hand.
    Red Perks: Highly suggest just using Stopping Power in case of lag.
    Green Perks: Use commando if you don't have a headset, use Ninja (when you get it) if you do have a head set.
    7. Don't prestige. It's pointless, and if you want to do good at the game, keep your stuff.
    8. Try and find some players to start a party, it's very helpful.

Hope that helps you out bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    - Don't fucking quickscope
    - Don't fucking camp
    All of this is good advice, although I say stay away from commando, I used Steady Aim until Ninja unlocked. Also I suggest Cold-Blooded over Stopping Power, at least once you get better. Watch this guys videos too, once I started seeing what he did I got better, but not as good as him.
    TheSandyRavage's Channel - YouTube

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 9 - Gold

noob toob lol

i usally use the tar21 silenced or ump45 also silenced with
    perks
    scaevnger
    stopping power
    ninja

killstreaks
    precision strike
    harrier
    ac130 or chopper gunner it depends on the map

Lvl 8 - Gold

Some of the best guns IMO:

- TAR 21
    - ACR
    - P90
    - RPD
    - Mini-Uzi
    - FAL

Secondary

- PP2000
    - TMP
    - SPAS 12
    - M1014
    - Javelin (If an asshole deploys a Pavelow or Harrier)

Don't use the Riot Shield. It just takes up the primary slot for a weapon and you can be killed by getting shot in the feet or if someone drops a grenade behind you.

In2
    January MOTM

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    All the others tips are good but kidson got it right.
    By now you should know the maps pretty well and which guns/perks you prefer.
    Learn when to reload, use cover properly and don't run in the open. Don't be predictable.
    Never think of what you should do next (that should be done between rounds/matchs) rely on your instincts and skills.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

HDD corrupted u.u

In my opinion, If you use a default loadout, I'd use First Recon (unlimited sprint is real useful) Your character is also quieter and faster ( I believe it has sleight of hand)

But I would not use the Overwatch loadout or any sniper rifle unless you are really good at it. If you're are not, it is just plain f'ing annoying to use and/or equip.

And while moving, look behind often. Some players would knife you when you least expect it. Especially if you stationary and looking through windows.

Also, use a gun that has a grenade launcher. Therefore if you are under attack, and you can't reach your target, shoot a grenade. It should get them.
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by In2 View Post
    Don't be predictable.
    This. So much this.

Also, it helps to "fake out" other players. For example, if there is an obstacle (such as a pillar) between you and the enemy, let them see you run one way, but as soon as you're out of their sight do a 180 and go around the other way. They'll usually have their back turned from here, expecting you to have gone the other way. I do this a lot and it works almost all the time.

Here's another one for Search and Destroy: When your team has planted the bomb, place a C4 "in" the bomb case (or if YOU are planting, put the C4 first, then the bomb). Usually the person planting stays within sight of the bomb, right? That's predictable, the other team will be looking in those obvious spots that can watch for defusers. Instead, just wait behind a nearby wall, and -listen- for defusers. When you hear them opening the case, unleash your C4 fury. You can do this without C4 but you'll have to stay closer so you can run to them in time.
    Last edited by Vorfied; 11-06-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    - Don't fucking camp
    Ugh I hate when people camp. If people camp I will play as a camper , newb tuber and such just to kill them and I hunt them down and kill them. Campers p*** me off big time.

Deathless Destroyer

I'll just give out a few crucial ones for now, if I gave out all the tips I know I'd exceed the word limit haha.

- when going around corners, ADS (aim-down-sights) while turning the corner and also move slowly around it.
    - almost always reload behind cover.
    - use a pistol as your secondary most of the time unless you like close-quarters or have a class to take down air-support.
    - switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading.
    - cook grenades before throwing them (hold R2 - default).
    - don't be predictable in your movements, mix it up throughout the match.
    - flank behind the enemy whenever possible, even 1 kill before "dying" is worth it.
    - when in open areas, sprint to cover. You are a massive target in the open, you might as well just shout out your location if you're going to just run to a different area.
    - don't even try to "quick scope" with a sniper rifle when in front of an enemy, you should't even be in an open area when using one.
    - mute people using their mic during a match unless they are actually usefully talking (flanking left, cover me I'm reloading, guys in that room etc)
    - smoke grenades aren't very useful in MP, flash bangs and concussion are better most of the time.
    - do not "camp" in multiplayer, you'll only get swarmed by half the enemy team by all sides the moment they know where you are if they are half-decent players.
    - keep moving for the whole match duration, the enemy players will have a harder time finding you.

That should help you for starters.