Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Call of duty is boring and needs to change

This is a discussion on Call of duty is boring and needs to change within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I will start off by saying I am a CoD fan I have been playing it since CoD 1 on ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I will start off by saying I am a CoD fan I have been playing it since CoD 1 on PC. I do agree that the games have been lacking in originality as of late, and they really do need to try some new things. However, I still enjoy the hell out of MW3 I find it highly entertaining. I would say that if there weren't so many 12 year olds that just run around with whatever the most op gun happens to be with no regard for objectives it would be better. But that's just what I think. I really hope they start getting better. But like all game series they probably won't change much. Just like BF3 is like BF2 and BF2 was like 1941. I accept this and will buy accordingly. And In all honestly if all these people would stop buying a game they hate change wil come faster. Again this is all my 2 cents.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Lvl 6 - Silver

My thoughts summed up about this article: Cool story bro.

I still enjoy the COD games and I'm sure as hell not an idiot. They're fun to play and the online multiplayer gets pretty addictive. I usually don't take most things written by IGN serious anyway, mainly due to the shitty articles that are usually written to get knee jerk reactions and fanboy comments.

Plats-O'-War!!

I like to play COD games. But, I do see what the article is sayin: It's losing it's hold on MP interests. Honestly, it's kinda hard for me to play MP without it getting boring. I still play COD4 (despite all the hacks and what not), and I can sit here and honestly say that it's STILL better that MW2+MW3 combined!! (This is just my honest opinion). But, I will say that this is the last COD game (MW3) I buy until they do something better (I may not be getting them anymore all together).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    I only buy the CoD titles that are made by Infinity Ward, they tend to be better.
    Black Ops was the closest thing to COD4 ... it brought a lot of us old COD3/4 friends out of the woodwork to play together again... I'm only talking MP here... I really enjoyed Treyarch's version of COD4.

... As for the article it makes a lot of points that I find boring to read as we all know it already... that's why I quit playing COD (for now)... the only major thing I disagree with about the article is that I don't want COD to turn into a Bulletstorm type game... I like the militar-esk (yes, I made that word up) feeling that it gives.... arcade style of course...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Black Ops was the closest thing to COD4 ... it brought a lot of us old COD3/4 friends out of the woodwork to play together again... I'm only talking MP here... I really enjoyed Treyarch's version of COD4.

... As for the article it makes a lot of points that I find boring to read as we all know it already... that's why I quit playing COD (for now)... the only major thing I disagree with about the article is that I don't want COD to turn into a Bulletstorm type game... I like the militar-esk (yes, I made that word up) feeling that it gives.... arcade style of course...
    i could somewhat agree with that....... bc id rather play black ops than Mw3 ........... only reason i would get on if friends send me Constant invites without stopping(which becomes annoying at a point).. Cod was like the holy grail at one point........ but now............ it's a different story.......

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All they have to do is completely redo Cod4 and just re release it with up to date graphics and I guarantee everyone will be playing that shit for a few years so it can give them time to actually think of something creative to work into a brand new game. I actually really hope they just go back to basics like in CoD4 with just the set 3 kill streaks.

Click-Click-Kaboom

Call of Duty 4 was beast, but what killed that game was Mod. Controllers and glitching(like out the map stuff).

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

The One and Only

CoD should try a different approach, something different to get non-CoD players and CoD players alike interested. I would like to see a more futuristic approach for CoD for example. Might not be all that original, but it's different. Just an idea.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    all games are fun with friends, no matter how terrible/good they are
    I couldnt agree more with you, even Wolfenstein was enjoyable with friend and that game is terrible.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Call of duty started to go downhill after World At War.. I doubt they'll be changing it for a long time though because they know there are millions of silly children out there that would buy any game with the COD name on it.. I don't think they even try to make it good anymore..

Lvl 4 - Silver

It doesn't matter what COD does, it will always be popular, no matter how disappointed that is to me.
    People will always enjoy the fast-paced game, rather than sniping on a hilltop and waiting 2 minutes for a enemy to show up, 400 metres further. (BF3)
    I do see little changements in the COD series, but I don't think it really matters that much. It will only attract new players.
    People are always complaining about the game, so do I, and unfortunately I have (tried to) quit MW3 multiple times (just did it again) and I haven't been able to quit for ever. That's probably because I still need 2 spec ops missions for the platinum and after that I will run as fast as the light to the game store and sell MW3 right away.
    Enough of COD. And hopefully I stick to that and don't buy BO2.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

COD 4 was and still is the best game in the series. The multi-player was deep but at the same time simple enough to be fun. There were 3 kill streak rewards and that was all you needed. MW2 was plagued with cheaters and glitches that made multi-player impossible to play for months on end until they fixed the glitches only to have new ones pop up. MW3 put the nail in the coffin with the pretty much instant death when shot and the ridiculous amount of kill streak rewards.

Deathless Destroyer

The only call of duty campaigns that were good were, IMO, the CoD: MW1 campaign and the ending of MW2's campaign. The rest was an absolute wreck. Call of Duty revolutionized FPS's after the release of MW1, but if they don't think of something mind-blowing and unthought of that works just as well as MW1 did upon its release, Call of Duty will die out by the time the PS4 (or PS Orbis as some say) comes out.

The only reason Call of Duty is the most popular game currently in the world is because it had a unique multiplayer in MW1, as well as an amazing story, but the continued installments have been riding on MW1's back for almost 6 years, and if they don't change soon MW1's backside is going to break beyond repair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12