Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Activision blames PS3 Players for thinking elite will get them maps early, "it's not our fault"

This is a discussion on Activision blames PS3 Players for thinking elite will get them maps early, "it's not our fault" within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Activision: "PS3 Call of Duty Elite Confusion Is Not Our Fault" | Latest News Explorer There was some confusion among ...

INTJ

Activision blames PS3 Players for thinking elite will get them maps early, "it's not our fault"

Activision: "PS3 Call of Duty Elite Confusion Is Not Our Fault" | Latest News Explorer

There was some confusion among Call of Duty Elite premium PlayStation 3 owners about the timing for the release of Modern Warfare 3 DLC on console.

This week marked the release of the very first “content drop” for Modern Warfare 3, along with the DLC release date calendar for 2012. Liberation and Piazza were released exclusively for Xbox 360 Call of Duty Elite premium subscribers.

Dan Amrich, and Activision PR agent shoots down the complaints saying that Activision never told anyone that they would be getting the content at the same time.

If you thought that signing up for Call of Duty Elite premium service on your PS3 would get you access to DLC the same time as your Xbox 360 counterparts, well, the publisher says it never made any claims to that effect” said Amrich on his blog: One of Swords.

“I can find no evidence of ‘buy Elite, get PS3 DLC same time as 360′ ever being so much as suggested by any official source,” he wrote. “It was never one of the things listed in the official benefits chart; it was never promised by any representative of Activision, Call of Duty, Elite, or its developers. Honestly? I think gamers just convinced themselves that it would happen because they wanted it to happen. That makes sense, but it doesn’t make it true.”

“Elite subscribers will be able to access the DLC before it goes on sale to a la carte purchasers,” wrote Amrich. “The window of time has not been disclosed. For PS3 owners, this does not override this business deal that currently brings Call of Duty DLC to Xbox 360 first; that deal is valid through 2012. However, Elite members will get the DLC before the non-Elite members on their respective platforms.”

According to Amrich, the bottom line is that “I’m seeing people scream “rip-off” and stuff like that, but nobody’s going to get ripped off; every gamer will get everything they were promised and everything they paid for.” It’s unfortunate that people assumed things about Elite that turned out to not be based in fact, but I hope the truth is clear now. Unpopular, I’m guessing, but clear.”

The first maps for Modern Warfare 3 were released earlier this week for Xbox360. Non-premium Elite members and PC and PS3 players will have to wait for further word on their release dates.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is out for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, the game might even come out on the Wii U platform.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I hate to say it. But he's right. Activision never said that non 360 elite members would get the dlc at the same time as 360 elite members do. And I'm sorry but if you thought other wise. You just assumed wrong. Because anybody who plays CoD knows when that contract runs out. And it's not until Treyarch's CoD comes out his year.Is it fair, no. But seldom in these days of gaming. Is business fair. But I will say this. Dan didn't have to be a dick about it. There were far better ways to explain that. Than going on the defensive and sounding like an asshole. And it is PS3 gamers fault for assuming they would get the content at the same time as 360 elite premium members would. Because it was never stated that they would. Even Robert Bowling said before the game launched. That 360 players were going to get the content first. And he said it was because of the current contract with Microsoft.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

They always pick Xbox 360 first no matter what because Activision are straight up ass kissers. Just because of the money.. hate to break the news to you acitivision, Microsoft was the newest and they have been bending over and kissing since 2001. Honestly, I could care less about Activision. They should be gone and put in a new company to make Call of Duty games. Seriously, (WAH WAH WAH) all we hear from Activision anymore. What a failed company. Might as well be gone and finished and stop *TRYING* to take up all of the glory like you know they always do. I couldnt care less. Point period.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 5 - Silver

No frickin duh! Who thought that? The only thing they said was you get dlc free i believe.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    No frickin duh! Who thought that? The only thing they said was you get dlc free i believe.

I don't think the DLC is free.. it's prepaid.

But either way, they should have seen this coming.
    They should have been far more clear about the release dates.
    ..or maybe they just didn't say it because it would make non-360 users think twice about purchasing Elite.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What I wanna know is why did it take THIS for those people to realize Elite is a rip-off?

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    What I wanna know is why did it take THIS for those people to realize Elite is a rip-off?
    it's not a rip-off if you already know you were going to buy all the DLC.
    sadly, i always do..
    It's just a flesh wound.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    Exactly................

дурак

I like how patronizing he sounds. Just say that it didn't override the business decision with Microsoft and move on. No need to be a douche.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

The One and Only

Activision and their Call of Duties.

XBox 360 usually always gets their DLC first right? Then PC and then PS3?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

i think that's bull crap bc he never not say that Ps3 wasnt getting it at the same time.............. if we getting things still a month late, i dont see the point in having Elite to still be put last............ i think they shoulda open their mouth and specify that before Elite came out........... honestly knowing that Ps3 has to wait, i feel like i dont even have Elite, i feel as if i have a regular copy just like some others........ and still waiting 2nd place for a Dlc that (would be worth worthy).. bullcrap to pay the extra Elite money outta pocket........... that's one of the unfair things that shoulda got fix among buying Elite........ THAT EVERYONE GETS DLC AT THE SAME TIME!

Kiwi Defender

Who were the morons who thought they could 'evade' the 360's partial exclusivity by paying for Elite ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Activision and their Call of Duties.

XBox 360 usually always gets their DLC first right? Then PC and then PS3?
    Correct, although you should scrap the 'usually'.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Jace227 View Post
    i think that's bull crap bc he never not say that Ps3 wasnt getting it at the same time.............. if we getting things still a month late, i dont see the point in having Elite to still be put last............ i think they shoulda open their mouth and specify that before Elite came out........... honestly knowing that Ps3 has to wait, i feel like i dont even have Elite, i feel as if i have a regular copy just like some others........ and still waiting 2nd place for a Dlc that (would be worth worthy).. bullcrap to pay the extra Elite money outta pocket........... that's one of the unfair things that shoulda got fix among buying Elite........ THAT EVERYONE GETS DLC AT THE SAME TIME!
    Than don't buy CoD games. If more people did this, it might get through their heads that something needs to be changed. After all, all they give a shit about is money. In the end, they don't care about you. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that they don't even care about the Xbox owners. It's all about the all mighty dollar. Take a bit of that away from them, they might change their tune.

Will it happen though? refer to this video for your answer:

"The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Free!?! HAHAHAHA you do remember that you're talking about Analvision, right?

Lvl 4 - Silver

referring to whoever complained few posts up (cuz i'm not opening in new page just to reply quote)...it shouldn't have needed to been said, we know X360 gets stuff first, it's between the lines..people these days, so ignorant and impatient..mellow out and learn how to wait for stuff like i do (like you're supposed to) otherwise you'll never learn from life itself
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

дурак

If you paid for Elite, you paid for the map packs. Activision isn't that nice.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All I have to say about that Amrich, guy is....

....off with his head.

He has money deep in his pockets, and thinks it gives him the right to be a Douchebag.

PRO Member

It's not 'free' because you have to pay for Elite, it's discounted basically.

Back on topic, I actually agree with him, they never said anything about PS3 users getting the DLC at the same time as 360 users. He didn't have to be such a dick the way he said it though

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree with the douche comments.

I mean, why on Earth would I think as a ps3 user, I would get the DLC at the same time, as the 360 guy that signed up at the same exact time, paid the same price, etc...? *sarcasm. Sure people expected it, because it makes sense. You're paying the same price, you have the same game, coming from the same company, that it would happen at the same time. And again, he didn't say it, but he didn't say what was scheduled either.

Idk, it just hit me yesterday when I jumped on to play drop-zone, that has been replaced by infected (which sucks), that they can just basically do whatever they want. I'm just going to take a break from them now. Ok, I'm done ranting. thanks.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by victimssun View Post
    I mean, why on Earth would I think as a ps3 user, I would get the DLC at the same time, as the 360 guy that signed up at the same exact time, paid the same price, etc...? *sarcasm. Sure people expected it, because it makes sense. You're paying the same price, you have the same game, coming from the same company, that it would happen at the same time. And again, he didn't say it, but he didn't say what was scheduled either.
    No, it doesn't make sense when M$ & Activision still have the deal going for getting content first until the end of this year I'm elite premium & sure I hoped to get the content at the same time, but no way expected it. Being elite premium doesn't trump a deal that's already going on

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast