Modern warfare 3?

This is a discussion on Modern warfare 3? within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; So whats the hype over call of duty? why does everyone like it so much i have never played it ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Modern warfare 3?

So whats the hype over call of duty? why does everyone like it so much i have never played it online so i'm wondering

PRO Member

Basically, its very addicting... and hard lol If you manage to kill someone u get a sweet rush, and it makes u want to get better and better. if you die alot how ever... if ur in the process of trying to get better, u get frusterated lol thats how i am anyway Also because its what every one has wanted to do, fire guns and kill bad guys. Who hasnt wanted to do that when they were a kid?nThis is the safe way of it i guess lmao

Lvl 8 - Gold

IMO, people only like it because all of their friends have it and they want to play with their friends. I prefer Battlefield because it's more challenging, looks better, feels more rewarding and you can do pretty much anything. COD is more predictable because the maps are small and you have the same 4 routes or whatever and it's more fast paced like an arcade game. And I have no idea how people like that shitfest known as Zombies. I enjoyed Spec Ops on MW2 a lot more. IDC if all my friends got MW3. I chose what I felt was better and I'm still having fun. I have several friends that have jumped from the COD wagon for some reason

Revelations 19:16

Because its mainstream!

I myself prefer Battlefield over COD/MW. I've played all the COD's with the exception of MW3 just so i can form an opinion. It seems like every time i played a COD, it just felt like the same recycled crap over the years.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    Because its mainstream!

I myself prefer Battlefield over COD/MW. I've played all the COD's with the exception of MW3 just so i can form an opinion. It seems like every time i played a COD, it just felt like the same recycled crap over the years.
    That as well! DEFINATELY cuz its mainstream... i do prefer battlefield over COD as wwell

Trophy Guide Kitten

Because everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to gaming. Some like Battlefield as mentioned above more than CoD. Some like it for the shooting and what not, some like it to play with friends. Some play it to play it for fun.

I had fun playing and platting MW3, but I like a lot of different games.
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Because people enjoy buying new map packs every single year.

Seriously though: they do it because its fun with friends I guess.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I pretty much agree with all these guys who have posted. I've got both mw3 and bf3. I think BF3 's more fun especially with friends in a squad but more of my mates have got mw3 so i play that too. But mw3's still fun i just prefere tanks/attack helis/genral BF3 destruction. Though I would say that another reason for mw3 is its much quicker. If your gonna play BF3 i usually need to put aside a good couple of hours. (BTW yay for my first post, finally became a member)

PRO Member

Well ever since COD4 brought FPS's into modern times, COD has sorta gone like mega-mainstream so everyone has to play it. The last one I played extensively was MW2. The game can get very addicting, trying to beat challenges or level up.

Sig by Bladia

I also feel like with COD/MW, that i should be standing in the Arcade with a little plastic gun like the old Time Crisis machines!!! LMAO!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I get the feeling you don't like me much was it something i said to you? If it is i'm really sorry

Trophy Guide Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Sukinara View Post
    I get the feeling you don't like me much was it something i said to you? If it is i'm really sorry
    who are you talking too?
    K? Thanks

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    who are you talking too?
    i'm talking to you Compalicious like i said if i did something to you or said something i'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Sukinara View Post
    i'm talking to you Compalicious like i said if i did something to you or said something i'm sorry.
    I didnt sense any hostility in his/her post. I think the moral of the story was "to each their own."