Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

MW3 Exceeds MW2

This is a discussion on MW3 Exceeds MW2 within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; All I hear when I read that is If you're game is good then you shouldn't have to defend it ...

Resident PHD

All I hear when I read that is

If you're game is good then you shouldn't have to defend it like that. Did Santa Monica run around saying "Put GOW2 and GOW3 next to each other and you can see that GOW3 looks better. no because people could clearly see that it looked better.

MW3 looks terrible, watching the trailers for it at EB then seeing a BF3 trailer is just a joke. (I am not a fan of either so I don't really care which one is better, just that by look alone BF3 is superior)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    That's what it is I didn't play Black Ops a 1/4 amount of the time I played MW2, I also wasn't real impressed with [email protected], I haven't even finished the campaign on that yet.
    I loved the campaign on WaW, but that's just because I love WW2 history. Weird right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I played MW2 non stop since it came out. I did research on Black Ops and I was SOOO hyped up for it, but it turned out be to garbage so I couldn't play it. I continued to play MW2.
    Same exact thing here.

No Matter What

Anyways does it really matter if the graphics are vastly improved? If it does then gamers today are really stupid... I miss the old days when it was Gameplay > Graphics. You know CoD has some awesomely fun and addicting gameplay.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    All I hear when I read that is

If you're game is good then you shouldn't have to defend it like that. Did Santa Monica run around saying "Put GOW2 and GOW3 next to each other and you can see that GOW3 looks better. no because people could clearly see that it looked better.

MW3 looks terrible, watching the trailers for it at EB then seeing a BF3 trailer is just a joke. (I am not a fan of either so I don't really care which one is better, just that by look alone BF3 is superior)
    Wow fail. lol at your fail, holy shit massive fail.

Santa Monica didn't get thousands of people who spend their time specifically hating on their game, where as MW3 does and that is why they are disproving what the haters are say.

MW3 looks terrible to you? really what kind of games do you play if MW3 looks that bad. Mw3 is one of the best looking games out there. Battlefield 3, what story do we actually know from Battlefield 3 none at all ,a ll its boasting right now is graphics and realism, and on the PS3 the graphics arn't even that good.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 6 - Silver

Anyways does it really matter if the graphics are vastly improved? If it does then gamers today are really stupid... I miss the old days when it was Gameplay > Graphics. You know CoD has some awesomely fun and addicting gameplay.
    Yes, it has some fun gameplay. Battlefield had better gameplay to me which is why I played it more. That's probably just me though.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    How is it broken?
    I loved the MW2 engine.
    So did all my friends.
    It was the only game I played for the whole year without complaining.
    With black ops.. i got sick of it in 3 months.
    Pretty much this. IW did a way better job than Treyarch.

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    Yes, it has some fun gameplay. Battlefield had better gameplay to me which is why I played it more. That's probably just me though.
    From what i've played of the Battlefield 3 beta its shit, however the game play on the PC and other maps and even in Bad Company 2 is better than the PS3 beta.
    For me COD is way more fun to play than Battlefield 3. However, Battlefield I found to be less fustrating and more tactical and slower paced than COD.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    Mw3 is one of the best looking games out there.
    I'm not particularly anti CoD, I may pick up MW3 later on down the line, but it is sad that you actually think that.

You must have no experience with games what so ever to be able to think that simply.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    From what i've played of the Battlefield 3 beta its shit, however the game play on the PC and other maps and even in Bad Company 2 is better than the PS3 beta.
    For me COD is way more fun to play than Battlefield 3. However, Battlefield I found to be less fustrating and more tactical and slower paced than COD.
    Well, you must prefer CoD fast-paced Multiplayer then. Most people I know who don't like BF Multiplayer prefer CoD. But yes, I also like how the slow-paced action is alot less frustrating. I also have found when I was playing Bad Co. 2 that so many funny shit happened. It has it's funny moments.

Lvl 8 - Gold

They should not have had BF3 to threaten them in order for them to actually take action and "make a better game". They should have done this years ago instead of churning out the same shit. MW2 was fun, but the players ruined it. Campers and quickscopers is what brought MW2 down for me.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    They should not have had BF3 to threaten them in order for them to actually take action and "make a better game". They should have done this years ago instead of churning out the same shit. MW2 was fun, but the players ruined it. Campers and quickscopers is what brought MW2 down for me.
    Same here. Except now all MW2 is one-man army noob tubers, campers, quickscopers, etc. Black Ops may have been more balanced, but wasn't anywhere near as fun imo.

No Matter What

The funny thing is Battlefield 3 isn't really slow paced, unless your on a huge map playing conquest. On TDM and rush their is still a lot of tactics and it's beneficial to stay with your squad. However the gameplay is a lot faster and if you're really god you can lone wolf and do good.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Honestly this is pretty obvious, but there's just a lot of CoD haters. I also wouldn't say a HUGE difference, more like a BIG difference.
    i agree mw2 looks like alot like mw3. i think bf3 is a huge diffence from bfbc2

youtube.com/pennywise247

Cant wait! 3 weeks away! CoD is the only reason I bought a ps3 in the first place.

Like people said above, I'm really excited for the single player campaign.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    i agree mw2 looks like alot like mw3. i think bf3 is a huge diffence from bfbc2
    Eh, not too sure about the BF3 graphics. From what I've played of the beta, the graphics from BC2 looked better. But I have seen some PS3 gameplay trailers where the graphics look greatly improved.

MW3 looks improved to a certain degree. You can only do so much with the same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise247 View Post
    Cant wait! 3 weeks away! CoD is the only reason I bought a ps3 in the first place.

Like people said above, I'm really excited for the single player campaign.
    YES! The single player campaign! Even while it is 5 hours long ( at best on normal ), I still love the Modern Warfare stories.

PRO Member

Maybe it's just Treyarch that left a bad taste in my mouth? interesting..
    While I loved the campaign, and I love zombies. The MP on Black Ops is a laggy piece of shit. The first month or so of MW3 will be a little rough (because of no public beta), but after that it will be great, just wait

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Comparing CoD to a Porsche makes sense; they all look the same!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I do like the Modern Warfare series best out of the CoD series. IMO it's the best. Treyarch games I find to be dull, broken and boring. From gameplay it does seem like Mw2. Kinda seems more of a $60 dollar patch for MW2. New weapons, perks, killstreaks and maps. I'm not complaining though, I'm still getting this game.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect23 View Post
    While I loved the campaign, and I love zombies. The MP on Black Ops is a laggy piece of shit. The first month or so of MW3 will be a little rough (because of no public beta), but after that it will be great, just wait
    I loved the campaign, loved the zombies for a while. But at some point Treyarch messed up zombies, I don't know where. Maybe I just got bored of it, I don't have a clue. But that Multiplayer was terrible.

I thought this was a rumor, but is it true that Raven Software is responsible for the PS3 port of Black Ops as well as Modern Warfare 3? If that is the case, I don't know what to think.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I thought this was a rumor, but is it true that Raven Software is responsible for the PS3 port of Black Ops as well as Modern Warfare 3? If that is the case, I don't know what to think.
    That's the Rumor. But from all I could find and have read. Treyarch did the all ports for Black Ops. As bad as the ports were. If another studio did them. Treyarch would have been blaming them for it. If another developer was involved, even with just doing the ports. Their name would have had to have gone in the credits. And Raven Software is nowhere to be found on Black Ops.
    Now Raven Software did do the Mp for Black Ops. How much was done on their own. And how much was done with IW. Is still unknown to me. All I can find out is that they 'helped' and were mainly responsible for the Mp. While IW and Sledgehammer concentrated mainly on the Campaign. But I seriously doubt that IW let Raven Do ALL of the MP for MW3 on their own.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast