Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91

MW3 Exceeds MW2

This is a discussion on MW3 Exceeds MW2 within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 You asked for games, it doesn't matter what genre the game is, you're just clutching at ...

  1. #61
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    You asked for games, it doesn't matter what genre the game is, you're just clutching at straws. And also, EVERYONE will disagree with you on Rage.

    MW3 is just an average looking game, all it's taken is your fanboyish-ness to take offence to that and jump to conclusions in that I am saying it looks crap or something.



    A balanced argument? you need to structure your argument before you can balance it.

    You were saying that MW3 "was one of the best looking games" then went to compare it too Battlefield 3, but you didn't compare the graphics, instead you took a completely unrelated point and used that, the story.

    I'm a COD hater? You must be extremely sensitive to think anything I've said about CoD is hateful, like girl on her period sensitive or something.

    All I've said is that MW3 is a graphically average game. It doesn't bring a new graphic style to the table, doesn't go after photo-realism it stays in the known grounds of average.

    Stop being so damn sensitive, all it's making you do is look like a fanboy.
    lol fuck off "You must have no experience with games what so ever to be able to think that simply", that is why I took offence, I don't give a shit if you think looks bad, but you wanted an argument you got one.
    So don't give me all this crap about jumping to conclusions.

    Didn't compare the graphics? "but you didn't compare the graphics, instead you took a completely unrelated point and used that, the story.", what are you on about. I said Battlefield 3 looks better. Then said most games don't look as good as MW3, so whats all this taking a completely unrelated point crap coming from.

    MW3 doesn't offer anything new and isn't photo realistic, but its still one of the better looking games you can buy. Out of all the PS3 games out there MW3 is definitely above average.

    WTF is this structure my argument shit, I was solely talking about what games look better than MW3 and listed some. I also listed Uncharted and God of War, but you picked up on Battlefield, and do you know why?... no?.. I'll tell you then, its cause your a fanboy and you don't even know it yet.

    How can you even call me a fanboy lol. Fanboy of COD, well no because I bought Bad Company 2 on release and I've got Battlefield 3 pre ordered for months now. I complain about all the inconsistencies of COD too. So you calling me a fanboy..... lol

    "Stop being so damn sensitive, all it's making you do is look like a fanboy." I'm not being sensitive to you opinions but to your jack shit ass attitude. You start off picking a fight and now you want to make it seem like I'm all pissy over your bellend opinions. That's is sly you top class Łunt.
    Last edited by Manic Ripper; 10-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

  2. #62
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    Sidewinder's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    1

    One thing I can count on for MW3 is that the graphics will be immaculate, the Modern Warfare series has always been the best of the CODs in my eyes, and I'm sure MW3 won't disappoint!


  3. #63
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    lol fuck off "You must have no experience with games what so ever to be able to think that simply", that is why I took offence, I don't give a shit if you think looks bad, but you wanted an argument you got one.
    So don't give me all this crap about jumping to conclusions.

    Didn't compare the graphics? "but you didn't compare the graphics, instead you took a completely unrelated point and used that, the story.", what are you on about. I said Battlefield 3 looks better. Then said most games don't look as good as MW3, so whats all this taking a completely unrelated point crap coming from.

    MW3 doesn't offer anything new and isn't photo realistic, but its still one of the better looking games you can buy. Out of all the PS3 games out there MW3 is definitely above average.

    WTF is this structure my argument shit, I was solely talking about what games look better than MW3 and listed some. I also listed Uncharted and God of War, but you picked up on Battlefield, and do you know why?... no?.. I'll tell you then, its cause your a fanboy and you don't even know it yet.

    How can you even call me a fanboy lol. Fanboy of COD, well no because I bought Bad Company 2 on release and I've got Battlefield 3 pre ordered for months now. I complain about all the inconsistencies of COD too. So you calling me a fanboy..... lol

    "Stop being so damn sensitive, all it's making you do is look like a fanboy." I'm not being sensitive to you opinions but to your jack shit ass attitude. You start off picking a fight and now you want to make it seem like I'm all pissy over your bellend opinions. That's is sly you top class Łunt.
    Ok dude, honestly, you need to calm down. Look at the big picture, you guys are arguing about 2 games. How old are you? You dont know which one is better until they both come out and you have played them. Before you do that, you dont have a right to say if one will be better than the other. Lets stop this shit about BF3 vs. MW3.

  4. #64
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    lol fuck off "You must have no experience with games what so ever to be able to think that simply", that is why I took offence, I don't give a shit if you think looks bad, but you wanted an argument you got one.
    So don't give me all this crap about jumping to conclusions.
    An assumption made from your post. And you have jumped to conclusions, you took what I said as if I hating on CoD, that is, in essence, jumping to conclusions.

    Didn't compare the graphics? "but you didn't compare the graphics, instead you took a completely unrelated point and used that, the story.", what are you on about. I said Battlefield 3 looks better. Then said most games don't look as good as MW3, so whats all this taking a completely unrelated point crap coming from.
    You still went on to compare it to unrelated points though, where is it coming from? your post for fucks sake, where else? Do you not read what you type?

    MW3 doesn't offer anything new and isn't photo realistic, but its still one of the better looking games you can buy. Out of all the PS3 games out there MW3 is definitely above average.
    How can it be anything more then average when all it's trying to be is average? CoD isn't about graphics, it's about consistently releasing games of opinionated quality. Take for instance MW and MW2, very little difference in graphics between those two games, they added a few effects here and there and some new textures but it was clear they weren't looking at improving the graphics because they didn't need too. And it's the same with MW3. "Why fix what isn't broke" springs to mind.

    WTF is this structure my argument shit, I was solely talking about what games look better than MW3 and listed some. I also listed Uncharted and God of War, but you picked up on Battlefield, and do you know why?... no?.. I'll tell you then, its cause your a fanboy and you don't even know it yet.
    I'm a battlefield fanboy? really, you deduced that? I brought up Battlefield 3 because it was the only one you actually went on to compare MW3 with. You mentioned Uncharted and GoW but that was all.

    I don't know if you're actually going to expect me to expel the fanboy claim, but fuck it I'll bite; I'm not so sure how I can be considered a battlefield fanboy when my mentioning of it came from the very fact you compared the two.

    I wasn't particularly impressed by the B3 beta, but yes I have pre-ordered it, because I I know I'm going to want an opinion on these two games, and rather then be some mindless fuck face, I am actually going to work on these opinions myself by actually playing the games.

    If you are going to call me a fanboy, at least get the series of game right because as much as I detest the idea of fanboyism, I'll allow for people to call me a Yakuza fanboy, or a Katamari fanboy, Killzone and Uncharted as well.

    How can you even call me a fanboy lol. Fanboy of COD, well no because I bought Bad Company 2 on release and I've got Battlefield 3 pre ordered for months now. I complain about all the inconsistencies of COD too. So you calling me a fanboy..... lol
    How? Because of the way you're reacting to CoD being called average in terms of graphics despite you even admitting it's not going after any other graphic style that will make it anything more then average.

  5. #65
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Deth's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hill 137
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I feel weird now. Me and some buddies always use to go in domination, play the objective together and hold onto the points "on top of hill" sort of speak. Then we were always yelled at being called hacking and/or camping n00b fags.
    That's not hacking or being a n00b. Teamwork takes more skill than running around with an Intervention.


  6. #66
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    An assumption made from your post. And you have jumped to conclusions, you took what I said as if I hating on CoD, that is, in essence, jumping to conclusions.
    So basically because I think MW3 is a good looking game, you assume I have no experience with games. Nice one there.
    I'm saying you hating on COD cause you said I'm a fanboy. I'm not

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    You still went on to compare it to unrelated points though, where is it coming from? your post for fucks sake, where else? Do you not read what you type?
    Here's my post from before "Are you fucking serious, can you not see that MW3 actually visually is good looking. I have no experience with games?, are you just trollin. Mate unless you play only Uncharted, God of War 3, or Battlefield 3, name a game that looks better than MW3.
    What is wrong with you, most games don't have graphics on MW3's level. There are a few that way surpass it but still MW3 is one of the better looking games, take your deluded goggles off."
    Where in that did I put any unrelated points in, it was all about graphics.



    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    How can it be anything more then average when all it's trying to be is average? CoD isn't about graphics, it's about consistently releasing games of opinionated quality. Take for instance MW and MW2, very little difference in graphics between those two games, they added a few effects here and there and some new textures but it was clear they weren't looking at improving the graphics because they didn't need too. And it's the same with MW3. "Why fix what isn't broke" springs to mind.
    Actually MW2's multiplayer maps are better quality than COD4's campaign maps. MW2's campaign looked much better than anything COD4 had. So maybe you should look again.
    MW3 isn't that big of a jump ahead of MW2 in terms of looks but, as you said it doesn't need to because its already above average looking.


    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I'm a battlefield fanboy? really, you deduced that? I brought up Battlefield 3 because it was the only one you actually went on to compare MW3 with. You mentioned Uncharted and GoW but that was all.
    I equally -not even compared- stated that God of War 3, Uncahrted and Battlefield 3 is better looking than MW3. So I don't know why you decided to pick out Battlefield 3 from that, but you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I don't know if you're actually going to expect me to expel the fanboy claim, but fuck it I'll bite; I'm not so sure how I can be considered a battlefield fanboy when my mentioning of it came from the very fact you compared the two.
    Again i did not specifically compare the two alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I wasn't particularly impressed by the B3 beta, but yes I have pre-ordered it, because I I know I'm going to want an opinion on these two games, and rather then be some mindless fuck face, I am actually going to work on these opinions myself by actually playing the games.
    I'll be getting both on release, but you don't need to full game to already see that some aspects for what they are. Like Battlefield 3 is amazing looking, MW3 is above average looking.

    If you are going to call me a fanboy, at least get the series of game right because as much as I detest the idea of fanboyism, I'll allow for people to call me a Yakuza fanboy, or a Katamari fanboy, Killzone and Uncharted as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    How? Because of the way you're reacting to CoD being called average in terms of graphics despite you even admitting it's not going after any other graphic style that will make it anything more then average.
    So according to you not going for anew graphic style makes a game's graphics average. Sorry to say this to ya, but it doesn't Shocking I know, but you MW3's isn't average looking, average would be something like MAG.



    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Ok dude, honestly, you need to calm down. Look at the big picture, you guys are arguing about 2 games. How old are you? You dont know which one is better until they both come out and you have played them. Before you do that, you dont have a right to say if one will be better than the other. Lets stop this shit about BF3 vs. MW3.
    I haven't said one game is better than the other yet.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

  7. #67
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Deth's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hill 137
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    Its jam not jelly. Also as I said above I'm not a fanboy, I have never said I hate either game, or ever said one is shit or much better than the other, just because I like COD doesn't automatically make me a fanboy. You guys are closer to being fanboys than me. All you do is go straight to bashing COD and call anyone who defends it a fanboy. Hypocrite much?
    THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH!


  8. #68
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH!
    Coming from the guy who started calling me a fanboy, while only bashing COD. Right -_-
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

  9. #69
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    This little mini war over two games graphics. Is getting really stupid. You three will just have to agree to disagree. But frankly speaking. Arguing over a games graphics. Is purely a waste of time. Because seriously. If BF3 wasn't made with the FB2 engine. This whole war about which game looks better than the other. Wouldn't even be happening.

    And in all honesty. It wasn't the people who like CoD who started this crap. It was the BF fanboys. I've played The BF series for years on PC. And the only fanboys worse than CoD's. Are Battelfield's fanboys. And I'm speaking from experience.

    Both games are good. Yeah I said BOTH. But for different reasons. Which game is better or worse. Is irrelevant. Because it's all about personal preference and opinion. This whole "war" is getting really old. And I can't even blame the fanboys on either side for all of this. I blame EA and Activision. Mostly EA though, for inciting this crap. And continually feeding this crap.

    None of us are ever going to see a dime from either Publisher. So why sit here, or anywhere else for that matter. And defend a product for free. It's just wasted time and energy. And ultimately pointless. They're freaking games for Pete's Sake! Play one or the other, or both. Who really cares, but you.

    If you like one over the other, fine. If someone likes the other more, well that's fine too. What game some else plays. Is really nobody's business but theirs. And arguing over that is just immature. And I'm not directing this just to Manic, Deth and Oxy. But to anybody who does this. Whether for a game or a console. Or anything else. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And their opinion deserves the same respect. As if it were your own. Name calling and insults should never be thrown around.
    Last edited by platzreign; 10-19-2011 at 07:53 PM.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  10. #70
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Muff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    0

    man, if ever get bored, its soo much fun to come into a BF3 or MW3 thread and watch everyone bicker over the better game to the point of intense hatred...but just to point out: seems like BF3 people have a bit more of a point

    I'm trying to stay neutral in this, because both are just a little too online-focused for my taste, and this leads to hackers, the annoying bitchers, the kids, and just idiots...but after the beta and footage, BF3 seems to be more appealing...they are pushing things, and even if the last game was well-recieved, they still push the envelope. MW3 will have a good story, for a war FPS, and i see it has some new things...but its basically the same game. Personally, i blame the engine...the one thats been used since MW1

    yes, you can say "why change what already works?"....but i can say "because if it s liked, make it better...you cant make it perfect, but you can get dam close"

    .......now to wait and see what all the fanboys have to say, and how many names i rack up...START!

    Please....dont rep me thank you

  11. #71
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    I love how everyone targets their engine when a shit load of games use the same engine with tweaks to it again, just like MW3. Not to mention they are using a heavily modified Unreal engine that a lot of games use. Also how long has Epic been using the Unreal Engine?

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  12. #72
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    this thing is a Porsche




    look at that sexy porsche

  13. #73
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    285
    Reputation
    1

    Of course Sledge Hammer is saying that, they have to just to make more people buy there game I couldnt care less if it was any different than MW2 I'm still going to be getting it
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  14. #74
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    YaNkSxSuPeRiOR's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Battlefield
    Posts
    400
    Reputation
    0

    Ugghh... More people arguing over this. Seriously. This is almost getting to the point of 360 vs PS3 a couple years ago...

  15. #75
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    Ugghh... More people arguing over this. Seriously. This is almost getting to the point of 360 vs PS3 a couple years ago...
    That's such a stupid debate because everyone knows the PS3 is by far the superior console.

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  16. #76
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    terror's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    86
    Reputation
    1

    As soon as he quoted the game as a porsche now when i hear MW3 mentioned i think of a crappy car..... great

  17. #77
    youtube.com/pennywise247
    pennywise247's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    80
    Reputation
    0

    all this arguing reminds me of this:

    MW3 = shampoo
    BF3 = Conditioner

    LOL


  18. #78
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    seattlekboy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richland, Wa
    Posts
    97
    Reputation
    0

    i love cod dont get me wrong. but the changes in cod are not as great as the ones in bf3. thats why im leaning on bf3 right now. im getting sick of playing the same old cod fps. im not sure if the changes he is talking about are big enough

  19. #79
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    NTGSruler's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back Home!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    626
    Reputation
    8

    It is going to be better!!!! The gameplay is easy, lots of things to unlock, very nice to play with friends, this game is going to be king of the FPS again!!!!

  20. #80
    Lvl 9 - Gold


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    south california
    Posts
    1,005
    Reputation
    1

    Mw2 exceeds mw3 yes I agree I think it will be more overpowered than mw2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO