MW3 Singleplayer Leaked and thrown about on bitttorrent

This is a discussion on MW3 Singleplayer Leaked and thrown about on bitttorrent within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Modern Warfare 3 Gets Pirated, Leaked on BitTorrent Word has surfaced that Modern Warfare 3 discs were stolen from the ...

INTJ

MW3 Singleplayer Leaked and thrown about on bitttorrent

Modern Warfare 3 Gets Pirated, Leaked on BitTorrent

Word has surfaced that Modern Warfare 3 discs were stolen from the production facility, with pirated discs currently in circulation.

The discs have not yet appeared online on the NFO dumps, but a partial copy of Modern Warfare 3's single player disc for the PC can now be found on various torrent websites. Weighing in at 7.4GB, the copy has no multiplayer functionality.

According to VentureBeat, an employee at a shipping warehouse in California stole one of the discs, which was presumably the single player disc.

Activision has hired investigators to go to the homes of known owners of the pirated version to return the copy, or face a fine of $5,000 and a permanent ban from playing online.

It's doubtful that the threat will do much good given the game's availability on bittorrent. But if you get caught, don't say they didn't warn you.

The Private Game tracker i use doesn't seem to have it so i am assuming this is either fake or overblown.

Lvl 9 - Gold

why just singleplayer that dumb.i thought people would do it for mulitplayer than single

PRO Member

multiplayer would be a dumb idea on doing it because it would automatically kick you off the servers...

Nope, nothing

5000 grand and a permanent ban from online play? Serves them right really

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    5000 grand and a permanent ban from online play? Serves them right really

thats actually pretty light of a punishment, activision being strangely nice on that.

Lvl 6 - Silver

lol. that sucks. employee should get arrested, $5,000 Fine, n prison for 2 years
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!