Midnight release

This is a discussion on Midnight release within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I haven't gotten a definitive answer from anyone about midnight releases. I know how it works, like you get your ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Midnight release

I haven't gotten a definitive answer from anyone about midnight releases. I know how it works, like you get your ticket and wait in line to pick up your game. I was just wondering from people who have been to previous CoD midnight releases ( really there's nothing else comparable in terms of # of people ) how long did it take you to get your game? Or should I just wait to get it the next morning?

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Damnit, will no one answer him because I'd like to know too

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

PRO Member

it depends on where you are. I got MW2 in CC, TX and it took me less than 15 minutes to get (maybe 75 people were there and i got there are 1145pm) They were quick about it, could be longer depending on the area though. I know at a gamestop in Brenham,TX they told me they had 400+ preorders for MW3. Hope that helps

Death is Awaiting....

At my gamestop for CoD4 and MW2 i just had to wait maybe 20-30 minutes. Then again i get there about 30 minutes before 12am..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

The Bushiest Pig

As far as I know it's an in and out thing. There is a line and it starts moving at 12am. No tickets are given. Basically just wait until your up at the register and get your game. And you have to have it pre-ordered iirc.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

before midnight they will get people to pay off there preorders and once midnight hits they will give out the games. thats how it work here

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Like everyone else said, it's just a wait in line and go up and pay as your move forward, so unless you're around #100+ shouldn't be very long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    I haven't gotten a definitive answer from anyone about midnight releases. I know how it works, like you get your ticket and wait in line to pick up your game. I was just wondering from people who have been to previous CoD midnight releases ( really there's nothing else comparable in terms of # of people ) how long did it take you to get your game? Or should I just wait to get it the next morning?
    I'd say there are just as many if not more people at the midnight releases for all of the World of Warcraft expansions.. Although the next one might be less..
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Assuming that all Gamestops will handle it the way my local store does, they open at 10 PM and then everyone finalizes their payment. At 11:45, they form 1 line for each console, and at 12 they file through picking up their copy. I live in a big college town with a lot of students buying and picking up games and it has never taken longer than 20 minutes to pick up any pre-order.

PRO Member

depends my gamestop waits for 10pm to get everyone inside and some waiting outside and at 12am they then have people lined up for harden edition and regular and Prestige for each section and all usually the store is packed all the way through

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    I'd say there are just as many if not more people at the midnight releases for all of the World of Warcraft expansions.. Although the next one might be less..
    WoW's stuff won't compare to MW2 and now 3. My bud that runs a GS said they had around 600 people at her store for MW2. It took about a hour and a half to get through all of them. She has already said there are more reservations this time around then last.... They are expecting atleast 800 people. That's pretty insane even though I think the COD games are complete shit.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    Damnit, will no one answer him because I'd like to know too
    Haha, I was just wondering how many people are usually at CoD midnight releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    As far as I know it's an in and out thing. There is a line and it starts moving at 12am. No tickets are given. Basically just wait until your up at the register and get your game. And you have to have it pre-ordered iirc.
    Ahh, I see. So I won't be waiting for 3 hours like I thought. I just thought because so many people were getting the game at this particular store I'd be waiting a while.

PRO Member

I haven't read what everybody else said, but this is what happens at every other Gamestop midnight release I've gone to:

They open at around 9pm. You have to go in and pay the remaining amount on your pre-order, after you do they give you a ticket.
    People who have a power up rewards pro card ($14.99 a year, 100% worth it) stand in one line, people who don't have a card stand in another.
    At midnight they start selling MW3, people in the power up line go first, regulars go second. You walk in give them your ticket and get the game.

Last year at the Black Ops launch I was about halfway through the Power up line and I got my game at about 12:10. Hope this was helpful

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect23 View Post
    I haven't read what everybody else said, but this is what happens at every other Gamestop midnight release I've gone to:

They open at around 9pm. You have to go in and pay the remaining amount on your pre-order, after you do they give you a ticket.
    People who have a power up rewards pro card ($14.99 a year, 100% worth it) stand in one line, people who don't have a card stand in another.
    At midnight they start selling MW3, people in the power up line go first, regulars go second. You walk in give them your ticket and get the game.

Last year at the Black Ops launch I was about halfway through the Power up line and I got my game at about 12:10. Hope this was helpful
    That was 10 times more helpful than anything I've seen. Where's the rep button?

So basically I'd get out of there very quickly. Gotta love the Powerup Card.