Modern Warfare 3 On PS3 Has No Mandatory Install [UNBOXING]

This is a discussion on Modern Warfare 3 On PS3 Has No Mandatory Install [UNBOXING] within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Modern Warfare 3 is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated shooters to be releasing this year, with Activisionís massive marketing ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Modern Warfare 3 On PS3 Has No Mandatory Install [UNBOXING]

Modern Warfare 3 is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated shooters to be releasing this year, with Activisionís massive marketing budget, and the Call of Duty tag hanging heavily on its shoulders. Expected to break all previous sales records, the gameís got a lot to prove. Being the highest selling franchise on the PlayStation 3, the titleís no doubt being looked up to by fans worldwide.
    We now have the installation size or rather the ďlackĒ of it for the PS3 version of the game. Thatís right, Modern Warfare 3 only requires you to have a meager 50 MB of hard drive space in order for it to run properly on your console. This suggests that you wonít be required to do an mandatory installation for the title on the PS3.
    The installation size was revealed via a recent unboxing video for the PS3 version of the title, carried out by some one calling himself MrKQgaming.
    Here is a screencap clearly showing that the game only requires 50 MB of HDD space on PS3.

50MB, what do you think ?

Unboxing.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Plats-O'-War!!

No surprise here. MW2 didn't require any "mandatory" install. So, it was expected that MW3 followed suit.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Good. CoD shouldn't need an install, nor should any other game. I hate installing updates, then get done only to see an epicly big game install.

PRO Member

Not that big of a surprise, none of the other CoDs had a big install. It's the map packs that take up space, all of the Blops map packs come in at about 7590mb (that's 7 and a half gigs)

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    Good. CoD shouldn't need an install, nor should any other game. I hate installing updates, then get done only to see an epicly big game install.
    That's what makes certain games run at decent speeds. Without that install, you'd have old school playstation load times of 30 secs - 1 minute. When a ps3 game has bad load times like that, then there is a serious problem. Only game that comes to mind that was bad like that was Sonic the Hedgehog. It was 45sec+ load times every time you did something... I never finished the game due to how horrible the load times were.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i think thats similar to mw2 and cod 4's. really happy about this. hate when games us up alot of my hard drive

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 7 - Gold

That's good that it doesn't need much installation space.... The game will run smooth nevertheless...

PRO Member

I really like that it doesnt. I am running out of room on my PS3 as it is lol. I have like 40+ PSN games downloaded

Sig Made by Ramon/ Avy made by Alison

Lvl 4 - Silver

hmm 50 MB...is not bad compared to Skyrim which will be 5 GB

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us