Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Round Up

This is a discussion on Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Round Up within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I will post reviews about this game here [hide] [top] GameInformer - 9/10 Here are the basics of the review: ...

Change is mediocre

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Round Up

I will post reviews about this game here

[top]GameInformer - 9/10

Here are the basics of the review:
    Concept:Give fans reason to return to the annual blockbuster
    Graphics:A few standout setpiece moments, but the visual style of the series is becoming predictable
    :The orchestrated, high-energy soundtrack is indistinguishable from previous Call of Duty games, and the multiplayer audio isn’t radically improved
    Playability: You won’t find any issues with the controls. The core gameplay feels as tight as ever
    Entertainment:Though the early portions of the campaign are poorly presented, the multiplayer offers enough subtle improvements to satisfy fans
    Replay:High

[top]IGN - 9/10

People love to hate it, but the Call of Duty franchise is successful for a reason. No other first-person shooter has the same flair for visual spectacle in its singleplayer campaign, and few can match its utterly addictive multiplayer. While Call of Duty games have become formulaic at this point, as evidenced by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's muddled narrative and at times frustrating design, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have refined and polished the Modern Warfare experience to produce the best of the series with the third installment.

[top]Edge - 9/10

Against all odds, in light of what has happened at Infinity Ward since Modern Warfare 2, the third game in the series is remarkable. Modern Warfare 3 is an ending, and one that resists the easy temptation to leave threads dangling. More importantly than that, it’s a hell of a package: MW3 not only maintains the high standards of the series’ previous singleplayer campaigns, but offers what feels like the best iteration of COD’s world-conquering multiplayer thus far, as well as a thrilling update of the second game’s Spec Ops missions and a new Survival mode.

[top]EuroGamer - 8/10

Call of Duty, to paraphrase Douglas Adams, is big. You won't believe how big it is. It's been an incredibly rapid expansion as well, a Big Bang that few could have predicted. As recently as 2006, with Call of Duty 3, the series was just another well-regarded but modestly successful WWII shooter, fighting for shelf space alongside Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms.

But 2007's Modern Warfare turned Call of Duty into a legitimate media phenomenon: a superbrand that generates the same enormous numbers as a Tom Cruise, a U2 or a Manchester United. And like those entertainment colossi, it's as divisive as it is popular.
    Last edited by dsluckay; 11-08-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Concept:Give fans reason to return to the annual blockbuster
    LOL

Not sure why I thought that was funny. Guess I got sidetracked by the other notes.

At least BF3 got 0.25 points better. Lame... Didn't even think any reviewer was going to give them past an 8.

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Lvl 7 - Gold

mw2 doesn't deserve anything above 8
    multiplayer just looks the same as mw2 cod4 and black ops mashed together with some maps have very similar map designs
    ive been watching commentator gameplays and was shocked how bad it was
    just looks like a expansion pack to mw2 mainly
    i have about 21 days mw2 playtime and 11 with black ops
    so if you call me a fanboy gtfo

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

heard nothing but bad impressions from the people i have on psn that got it.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    LOL

Not sure why I thought that was funny. Guess I got sidetracked by the other notes.

At least BF3 got 0.25 points better. Lame... Didn't even think any reviewer was going to give them past an 8.
    Really? Oh man, this whole BF3 vs MW3 is starting to get really petty, "Wait, my game got a slightly higher score...OH YEAH, SUCK IT MW3 derp derp". I have both games and am enjoying both.

Oh and from everyone I know whose played it, i've heard nothing but positive things.

Resident PHD

but the visual style of the series is becoming predictable
    :The orchestrated, high-energy soundtrack is indistinguishable from previous Call of Duty games, and the multiplayer audio isn’t radically improved
    Though the early portions of the campaign are poorly presented,
    With comments like that how can they give it a 9. This is why I hate numbered scores I still remember when Harry Potter 5 came out the local movie reviewer just trashed the movie (I seriously don't remember a single positive comment) and gave it a 4/5 star rating.

The reviewers know if they gave this game a 6/10 (like it probably deserves) they would lose all funding from Activision.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

FUCK, even EDGE have given it a shit-high rating; I don't think they're worth looking towards anymore :I