Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Copy-Pasta Buildings and more funny shenanigans

This is a discussion on Copy-Pasta Buildings and more funny shenanigans within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; MW3 is just recycling buildings and error messages | Lazygamer .:: Console and PC Gaming News ::. | PC Gaming ...

INTJ

Copy-Pasta Buildings and more funny shenanigans

MW3 is just recycling buildings and error messages | Lazygamer .:: Console and PC Gaming News ::. | PC Gaming

Claims of Modern Warfare 3 just being a pretty map pack or expansion to Black Ops, MW2 and the rest of the COD series are nothing new.

Whether you believe it to be a worthy stand alone title or simply a glorified expansion pack is up to you in the end but what is factual is that Modern Warfare 3 uses a lot of assets and code from previous versions of the game.

Take for example this video which clearly shows that a building being used in the Modern Warfare 3 single player (no spoilers) was taken directly from Modern Warfare 2 where it may in fact have actually looked better.

Of course recycling assets isnít that surprising and makes good development sense. However you would have thought they would have changed it a little at least.

But buildings arenít the only thing recycled from a previous Call of Duty title with this lovely little error message pointing to some code re-use from a much earlier title.

Someone at Infinity Ward just got slapped for hardcoding the title into a generic error handler.

Lvl 5 - Silver

They did reskin it, so it's not entirely a copy/paste. The irony is that almost all your posts here are pure copy/paste

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well that's interesting and all, but what does copied pasta have to do with it?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ikillyurface View Post
    Well that's interesting and all, but what does copied pasta have to do with it?
    Exactly what I was thinking...

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Change is mediocre

They used the same building, as well as error messages, meaning they were too lazy to make new ones.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    They used the same building, as well as error messages, meaning they were too lazy to make new ones.
    The problem here is that Activision owns the ip and demands annual releases..

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    To be honest, if I was designing a game, I wouldn't be bothered to make new error messages. Recycling buildings nothing wrong with that. Unless its a recycled multiplayer building for a multiplayer map.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Me & Ming @ The Stash

What a lonely life you must have, to go looking for negative info on a game you hate just to post it in that games forum. I really feel bad for you And I can't figure out what pasta has to with it either

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't know why all of you defend this game their is no excuse for having the same error message as the past game and as for that building i saw it and recognized it when i was playing singleplayer..... one more reason to trade it in after spec ops is done

Lvl 9 - Gold

Who gives a fuck, we all know it's mostly copy and paste effort, what's the problem with more evidence of that?

To be honest, I don't mind, since it gives off a weird feeling to be in the same building that you've traversed a lot in COD4, but now looking older and grittier.

Honestly, there is no point in.....well, pointing these things out, since you can pretty much tell the 1st time you see them.

PRO Member

Looks rather warm for eastern europe

I like it when they bring in slightly nostalgic moments by using sections of maps from the older games, pipeline has featured in three different cods (1&2 campaign if I remember correctly, it's definitely in #2 and cod4 online) so it may be there for those reasons. However the setting makes no sense at all

KCCO!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I for one don't appreciate spending $60 for another rehash of a game that's been rehashed 100 times. I love both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I was disappointed to see some of the "same" buildings in both games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

This shouldn't of been a surprise to anyone. But it is sad that they make enough money off the franchise and won't bother using completely new buildings and error messages.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    What a lonely life you must have, to go looking for negative info on a game you hate just to post it in that games forum. I really feel bad for you And I can't figure out what pasta has to with it either
    Funny thing is i don't even have to look, it just pops up in front of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Who gives a fuck, we all know it's mostly copy and paste effort, what's the problem with more evidence of that?
    Then why buy it?

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

But, Battlefield 3 has recycled buildings from Bad Company 2 though.....

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    I like how you go on to insult someone over posting a thread, that was just about a video game. No insults were flung at you, yet you felt compelled be an ass.

@Topic: This doesn't surprise me. Though if I saw that building I would assume it's like a throwback or a return to that specific area. Not really sure, since I never played CoD4, but it's just a theory. Besides, this isn't the only game to do something like this. I'm sure Battlefield has too.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 4 - Silver

Asmuch as PS360 is a douche lol, he/she does have a point in this case and i was hoping someone would point this out

Copy Paste Examples

-Green Car, little green shitty car you cant miss it - COD4 MW2 MW3
    -Van, Pizza van size for example, COD4 MW2 MW3
    ETC

Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 5 - Silver

And remember this: We have all seen copy/paste buildings in the real world too, so it's actually a realistic detail from IW

Gotham's Reckoning

Tbh, couldn't give a shit, not a huge deal for me at least.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    And remember this: We have all seen copy/paste buildings in the real world too, so it's actually a realistic detail from IW
    Look at how much Egyptian and Greek buildings influence the Romans and in turn current buildings....
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast