Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score

This is a discussion on Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I used to visit metacritic quite often, to gauge whether I should buy a game or not... but the more ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I used to visit metacritic quite often, to gauge whether I should buy a game or not... but the more I thought about the score, the more stupid and ridiculous I found it: metacritic basically aggregates all the scores of other review websites and calculates an average, but all those scores are simply a person's opinion, so if you think about it, the "Metascore" is basically a handful of people's opinionated votes (usually under 30 critics), which is bloody ridiculous if you think about the number of people who've actually bought the game (in the thousands).

All these review websites even have the nerve to call themselves "professional" critics when what they offer are simply opinions, which are often tainted by the politics of making money from advertising and/or getting more people to visit their review website.

The best way to gauge if a game is worth your money is to frequent forums like ps3trophies and get in the know.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    This shows how lame Schofield is...-__-
    This shows how stupid you are.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

The Old Guy

I know it's completely ridiculous of me to revive this thread, but it was the first thing I thought of when I read this article, which is actually an honest evaluation of what's going on over there, as opposed to the idiotic title of this thread.

Metacritic vs. Modern Warfare 3: The Psychology of Fanboys - Games Feature at IGN

I especially like the profiles they highlight where a user has rated BF3 a 10 and MW3 a 0 across all three platforms. Because I'm sure he has all six of those and has played them heavily...

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    I know it's completely ridiculous of me to revive this thread, but it was the first thing I thought of when I read this article, which is actually an honest evaluation of what's going on over there, as opposed to the idiotic title of this thread.

Metacritic vs. Modern Warfare 3: The Psychology of Fanboys - Games Feature at IGN

I especially like the profiles they highlight where a user has rated BF3 a 10 and MW3 a 0 across all three platforms. Because I'm sure he has all six of those and has played them heavily...
    This is a major problem with allowing users to give scores. I know on IMDB if you look at the top 250 it is flooded with new movies because after someone sees something they like they vote it 10. So you are telling me that Inception is better than Seven Samurai.

Now the same can be seen in that article as well to that guy that gave Rage a 0 and Witcher 2 a 10...indicating that both those games are the worst and best he has ever played.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12