Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score

This is a discussion on Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; https://twitter.com/#!/GlenSchofield...74564234256384 MW3 Dev Begs for Help With Low Metacritic User Score - IGN Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to ...

INTJ

Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score

https://twitter.com/#!/GlenSchofield...74564234256384

MW3 Dev Begs for Help With Low Metacritic User Score - IGN

Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic.

"I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."

Modern Warfare 3 is attracting a torrent of user scores of zero across all three platforms. The current user score (out of 10) is 2.7 on Xbox 360, 2.0 on PS3 and 1.5 on PC.

Trying to buff the user scores after the people who bought it hate it?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't get it tho, everyone who bought the game new EXACTLY what they were getting, a rehash of MW2. So whats the point of rating it so low.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Who really pays attention to the user section on metacritic though. MW3 might not be to everyones taste but no way does it deserve such a low score. Theirs hating a game for legitimate reasons and then theirs trolling a site due to being a fanboy or in other cases, an idiot with too much spare time.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I don't get it tho, everyone who bought the game new EXACTLY what they were getting, a rehash of MW2. So whats the point of rating it so low.
    No, whats the point of getting it?

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Trying to buff the user scores after the people who bought it hate it?
    Well to be honest. You can pretty much guarantee. That over half of the people on Metacritic. NEVER bought the game to begin with. Now matter what IW or Treyarch do. People are going to hate the game.

Secondly what people say in Public and what they do in private. Are at times two completely different things. I've seen people bash the sh*t out of the game. Saying everything negative they can think of. And yet I see them online playing what exactly? MW3. For hours at a time.

Thirdly. Ps360, the more you try and bash the sh*t out of CoD. Isn't going to help make BF3. Look any better. Because that game has it share of problems as well. BF3 is more Bad Company than it is Battlefield.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can imagine ps360 scowering the internet, finding a negative story about cod and rubbing its hands together in glee whilst frothing at the mouth. :p

Lvl 5 - Silver

That's pretty pathetic, Glen... I kinda like the game, but i ain't voting..
    Good find ps360..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What a tool they know they made a crap game so why not take the critisim and make what the players want

Lvl 6 - Silver

It scored a 2.0? I could see why, it disconnects me about 75% of the time anyway.

Retired TGT Member

This whole thing has been hilarious to watch

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    What a tool they know they made a crap game so why not take the critisim and make what the players want
    I don't understand their laziness either, but i'm pretty sure the reason for it all is because Activision are pushy c*nts who wanted a release for this year no matter what. Easy money maker for Sledgehammer too, I suppose.

You could coin the term 'sellouts' if this is the case, seeing as COD wasn't completely killed off.

I mean Black Ops is where it all went wrong, but Treyarch aren't the original developers, so I was at least expecting something a little different from 2 DIFFERENT COMPANIES ALTOGETHER.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    This whole thing has been hilarious to watch
    Not funny when it makes so much money.

.......ha...haha, hey that rhymed! aha-ha...hahahaHAHAHA, AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

The only sane person here

Next to Youtube, Metacritic has a crapload of troll accounts lowering a ton of other games user score such as this and I know PS360 is gonna ignore this fact.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Next to Youtube, Metacritic has a crapload of troll accounts lowering a ton of other games user score such as this and I know PS360 is gonna ignore this fact.
    users gave Battlefield 3 a 7.4 on the PC version on metacritic because they claim is more Bad company than battlefield.

i can respect that because it's their opinion. but there's also more Postitive reviews then negative so that says alot more about the game then the bad comments (519 Positive vs 135 negative). I don't go around screaming "troll accounts" because it should be a 9/10 like i think the game should get.

People have their own opinions. they voted the game and the verdict is it sucks. They also said the same to Dragon age 2 (It is terrible, do not deny it), Spore (Will Wright's Awesome idea ruined by some asshole at EA telling him to casual/simplify it up), and all the other games that suck. Power to the people.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Glen Schofield, VP Of Sledgehammer Games, Begs Fans to Rig Metacritic user Score.

By asking people to post their honest scores is definitely the same as begging to rig the scores........
    Just as asking for a promotion is the same as threating one's boss with a knife for a higher salary.

The scores were rigged to begin with, by low life trolls who actually haven't even played the game and no matter what the game turns out to be are giving it a low low score.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Fight the Future

I don't see any begging, and I don't see him trying to rig anything. All I see is a bunch of pathetic fanboys giving a game they've never played a terrible score, and the VP of a company trying to get people who are actually enjoying the game to give their honest opinion about it.

Ps360, change the thread title, it's very misleading.

Parker

PRO Member

Cool story, bro.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect23 View Post
    Cool story, bro.
    lol

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This shows how lame Schofield is...-__-

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I fail to see how he is "begging", especially when you have posted the actual quote.
    Its a bit like trying to increase forum attention by posting a misleading subject title! It's questionable and very naive, but hardly illegal.

Kiwi Defender

But I thought they only cared about the media's thoughts and not the userbase's?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast