View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

3 4.17%
  • 2 - Easy

13 18.06%
  • 3 - Moderate

40 55.56%
  • 4 - Hard

14 19.44%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I give it Easy. Nothing really difficult about this at all....

Death is Awaiting....

I give it Easy. Nothing really difficult about this at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got this today (yeah i bought the game late! lol) Im gonna give it a moderate jus because the time needed to do the spec ops, campaign was easy agreed, i did it on vet straight the day i got it, then done survival which was simple enough but then i got sucked into multiplayer before gettin into the missions n theres not that many decent players left doin the missions on veteran when i play so took a while but hey ho, all good. Ive enjoyed this game anyway and am happy with Plat # 11... better update my plat card ;-) Then start Arkham City

Toggle Spoiler

PSN: DaBuddahGeeza - Plat Card's & Signatures Created Myself

Lvl 3 - Bronze

only spec ops was hard

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks You D1mech For My Epic Sig And Bladia For My Epic Avatar

Lvl 10 - Platinum

for me the hardest part of this plat was just getting to level 50 on spec ops, because i thought once i finish all survival to wave 15 and all 48 stars i would be 50, but no so i just had to play fire mission as AC-130 gunner over and over till i got to level 50, the spec ops missions were hardest but nothing impossible, easiest cod plat.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I give it moderate, only thing that was tough was the spec ops missions everything else was easy.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by clausriismaa View Post
    I give it moderate, only thing that was tough was the spec ops missions everything else was easy.
    TBH only a few of the missions were tough rest were quite easy breeze.

Nope, nothing

My vote is for Moderate.

Some bits are tricky, and of course Veteran at parts is annoying.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

veteran ran smoothly for me in campaign only 2 hard missions in spec ops

Royal Flush X2

4 Hard or 7/10. The campaign felt really short and did have it's tough parts but I felt it was the easiest one of all COD games I've played. The survival mode felt tough early one but as you level up it gets easier with better weapons and perks but once reaching level 50, it becomes easy and some maps have spots to camp in. The special ops were tough but I was able to do them all solo except for the 2 that require co-op but those 2 ones were hard with the fire mission being hard for me but the lag made it hard as when trying to shoot, I would be moving side to side messing up my aim but of course not the enemies so I get killed from that If wasn't for lag then I would said moderate.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    4 Hard or 7/10. The campaign felt really short and did have it's tough parts but I felt it was the easiest one of all COD games I've played. The survival mode felt tough early one but as you level up it gets easier with better weapons and perks but once reaching level 50, it becomes easy and some maps have spots to camp in. The special ops were tough but I was able to do them all solo except for the 2 that require co-op but those 2 ones were hard with the fire mission being hard for me but the lag made it hard as when trying to shoot, I would be moving side to side messing up my aim but of course not the enemies so I get killed from that If wasn't for lag then I would said moderate.
    yeah it was a pain in the ass when you would lag in spec ops.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Campaign - Some frustrating missions but it's easiest CoD campaign after MW2. Intels was easy to find and campaign's miscallenous trophies were walk in the park. Special Ops Survival Mode - Level 10 in every map was easy but level 15 was tough in some maps. Use turrets, use flashbangs, use RSG, place some claymores and stay away from corners = win. Misc trophies were easy but time consuming (level 50 took 27h). Special Ops Mission Mode - Hardest part of the game. Be patient, use covers and DON'T rush! Smack Town's annoying helicopter scene is easier on solo. Overall: 3/5.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by tooformay View Post
    Campaign - Some frustrating missions but it's easiest CoD campaign after MW2. Intels was easy to find and campaign's miscallenous trophies were walk in the park. Special Ops Survival Mode - Level 10 in every map was easy but level 15 was tough in some maps. Use turrets, use flashbangs, use RSG, place some claymores and stay away from corners = win. Misc trophies were easy but time consuming (level 50 took 27h). Special Ops Mission Mode - Hardest part of the game. Be patient, use covers and DON'T rush! Smack Town's annoying helicopter scene is easier on solo. Overall: 3/5.

I actually found campaign piece of cake, finished entirely (without intel) on veteran in 10hrs. as for survival jsut had a decent partner to get me through it, and smack town yeah it was hard one.

PRO Member

I platinumed MW2 and I'm trying to plat MW3. I completed the campaign on veteran with all the intels and I have done a few spec op missions on veteran. It's easier than Modern Warfare 2 and I'll probably have the platinum trophy in a few weeks. The only problem is it's very time consuming, but apart from that it's fine.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Tris_The_Killer View Post
    I platinumed MW2 and I'm trying to plat MW3. I completed the campaign on veteran with all the intels and I have done a few spec op missions on veteran. It's easier than Modern Warfare 2 and I'll probably have the platinum trophy in a few weeks. The only problem is it's very time consuming, but apart from that it's fine.
    What did you find hard in MW2? Because I want to plat that, sometime in the future.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I found a few of the spec opveteran missions really tough , then i played them solo and got through pretty quick , overall it was hard

Sinner and Saint

Moderate. 5/10.

A couple of the spec ops were kind of annoying but compared to the ones in Modern Warfare 2 these are much, much easier. The helicopter sequence and the truck ride (on two of the later ops) were a pain on veteran but other than that no other parts really stick out as being overly difficult. The Specs Ops survival mode was pretty easy, more of a grind than difficult. The campaign was your typical COD campaign, minus the intense grenade spamming. A couple of tricky parts but checkpoints are given away generously so with a little experimentation and determination you shouldn't be stuck at any one part for very long. All of the "kill" trophies were pretty easy and I managed to do them all at one time on my veteran playthrough. The intel, for the most part, was out in the open but if you want to find them all in one go then the trophy guide here has both a text and a video guide by PowerPyx that will make this super easy. I'm not a CoD fanboy but all in all it was a fun and challenging game that concludes the Modern Warfare story well; I'd recommend.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Moderate. 5/10.

A couple of the spec ops were kind of annoying but compared to the ones in Modern Warfare 2 these are much, much easier. The helicopter sequence and the truck ride (on two of the later ops) were a pain on veteran but other than that no other parts really stick out as being overly difficult. The Specs Ops survival mode was pretty easy, more of a grind than difficult. The campaign was your typical COD campaign, minus the intense grenade spamming. A couple of tricky parts but checkpoints are given away generously so with a little experimentation and determination you shouldn't be stuck at any one part for very long. All of the "kill" trophies were pretty easy and I managed to do them all at one time on my veteran playthrough. The intel, for the most part, was out in the open but if you want to find them all in one go then the trophy guide here has both a text and a video guide by PowerPyx that will make this super easy. I'm not a CoD fanboy but all in all it was a fun and challenging game that concludes the Modern Warfare story well; I'd recommend.
    If you were to give both MW2 and MW3 spec ops out of 10 what would you rate?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would say this game is a little harder than many other types of games because there are parts that definitely require some skill. Some games can be time consuming, etc. but you can just follow a guide and collect everything/beat the game (like collecting intel in this game).

I voted moderate because there were some spec ops missions that were downright difficult to complete and took a lot of tries. Some of the ones at the end come to mind, as does the mission where you have to recapture the president's daughter. I went through the whole mission three times and screwed up on the slow-motion shoot out, and I never figured out why. I managed to get it on my 4th time I made it through the whole level, somehow.

I will admit that the campaign was not particularly difficult even on veteran- there were parts in black ops that were definitely much harder. Call of Duty campaigns are mostly pretty easy if you're patient and move with caution.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by crossrunner View Post
    I will admit that the campaign was not particularly difficult even on veteran- there were parts in black ops that were definitely much harder. Call of Duty campaigns are mostly pretty easy if you're patient and move with caution.
    Totally agree, i mean heaps of people said black ops was hard campaign, i literally only had trouble at the part in that corridor towards the end of mission 3 i think. rest was a breeze. I yet still have to play world at war (which is hardest, according to most) but i will see how it goes.

Change is mediocre

4 - Hard because of the Spec-Ops survival and missions. Campaign was very easy, only the last part gave me a little trouble. But the missions were difficult to say the least, and some of the survival maps were a pain in the ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast