View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

3 4.17%
  • 2 - Easy

13 18.06%
  • 3 - Moderate

40 55.56%
  • 4 - Hard

14 19.44%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; To me Easy/Moderate but because i played many time online so i already knew the maps, spots, guns, etc (for ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

To me Easy/Moderate but because i played many time online so i already knew the maps, spots, guns, etc (for Spec Ops Missions for exemple). Those Missions on Veteran can be challenging if you don't have a good partner (i didnt play them Solo) but the Campaign on Veteran is easy!
    Cool game!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nothing to bad in the game some of the spec op missions can be difficult but not impossible to complete.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I gave it a 3 because of Flood the Market and Smack Town. I had no reliable partners, Beat Smack Town SOLO. That Heli sequence was the most frustrating Bullsh-- EVER but im done. Also the Course Spec op (Stay Sharp)... just fail to fail on timed missions.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy, only struggle was Special Ops Mission Mode...

Proud member of the following groups:

Perfect Platinum Streak
    Kingdom Hearts

Lvl 3 - Bronze

moderate,like MW2 spec ops (and some cheap spots in the veteran campaign) although I love both the missions and survival mode, now to finish the DLC ones

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Hard but it was really between moderate/hard for me. I thought the campaign was pretty easy and fun. Survival was pretty cool and the trophies supporting survival pretty straight forward and easy. The Special Ops Missions were not too bad except for a few which I thought was hard. Smack Town actually wasnt that hard on solo, just get past the helo sequence and then simply take your time and your good, dont rush.

Otherwise, just starting working on the DLC Special Ops Missions and finished "Black Ice" which was fun and the trophies were easy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate: I didn't have to much trouble with this one because I was very familiar with MW2 when this was released. I honestly felt Veteran wasn't too challenging in this but a few Spec Op missions are a complete different story. With a good partner most missions aren't that hard.
    Survival also isn't too bad if you find the camping spots (its just time consuming and can get boring)
    It is close to hard but since I play CoD practically everyday, it wasn't too bad.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 for moderate. Veteran mode can get a little tricky. Spec Ops had some difficult levels aswell. Playing online multiplayer is extremely fun though.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate difficulty. Most of these trophies were pretty easy. The only trophy I struggled with was Overachiever, but once I found a good partner it was alright.

-i- love myself.

I voted for hard since I found survival mode difficult and took me a lot of retries to get up to a certain level in survival that is because I basically did every level by myself but when I had friends over I'd play with them. Another reason is because getting all stars for the missions was a pain in the ass! Campaign on veteran was pretty easy though.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

MODERATE... some spec ops where tuff as hell and the 50,000 points in a survival game can be really painful if you decide not to boost it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote moderate

Lvl 9 - Gold

i voted moderate, though i was contemplating between that and easy. spec ops leveling-up was tedious but not hard to do, certain spec ops missions were a bit of a pain in my side but nothing brutal, and the campaign on veteran was only challenging on a few occasions. and even though there are numerous guides and walkthroughs, both video and text, i still had a tad bit of trouble finding intel or finding suitable camping areas/advancing routes. and there were so many glitches when playing with friends in spec ops

A plat a month!

Voted Moderate.

The Single player was easy, even on Veteran. The challenge came in with Spec Ops, some of those missions were a little tough. Some of them were better on solo.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hard.

Spec Ops was harder for me than in MW2 and was by far the hardest part of the platinum. The story on veteran was pretty easy, easier than MW2 if I recall correctly. Survival was fun but way too easy, instead of 15 they should have made it at least 20 for every level to be a bit of a challenge. I think I found spec ops harder because it seems unlike MW2 health is divided by two if you play together and I'm used to play the missions coop, also there was a time factor in quite a few veteran missions which I also don't recall from MW2. The beginning on Smack Town was way too hard with two players. You don't even see an indicator and a second later you're dead. Also Server Crash took some tries and few missions (the juggernaut ones) were pretty long, so one stupid mistake and you could repeat the last seven minutes in the worst case. I also had big troubles with the final part of the submarine mission. Still a very entertaining game though and big thanks to IW that we're not force to play online for trophies (I still boycot COD BO for that reason ).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123