View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

3 4.17%
  • 2 - Easy

13 18.06%
  • 3 - Moderate

40 55.56%
  • 4 - Hard

14 19.44%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 11-11-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

id say a 6.5 myself, sum spec ops were quite tuff, and a cple spots in campaign, but over all relativly easy, but harder than 2!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think giving MW3 a 2 is going a lil high id say 1 i didn't have any problems finding all the collectibles or beating it on Veteran,a few parts were a lil tuff. Spec ops was easy too.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

id say moderate. the campaign has some tough spots. the spec ops missions can give some people trouble. and getting to level 50 takes about 20ish hours

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

5.5 there's nothing to say, the campaign is easy as usual... and the ops are even easier! the only ones i got troubles on are the first 3 of the last group. as a matter of fact in mw2 i was finding it hard to do ops alone while in mw3 i did almost all of them in solo. survival is funny when you try to get over wave 21-22 on the first ones with a friend

Toggle Spoiler

Sig and Avy by Wadefan1 *_*

Vacation - 26th September

Moderate - Such a fun and normal game. Really a bit challenging parts, so long as you know what you're doing even easier than MW2.

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Irish Rover

I voted moderate, took me a few goes to do server crash in spec ops

Lvl 9 - Gold

Easiest campaign ever, but honestly, I found it a lot more fun this way.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got my plat. Wasn't that tough really. Campaign was just like Black Ops and MW2, the odd hard bit where you have to be careful but overall pretty easy.
    Spec Ops...if your stuck with retards it can difficult but otherwise pretty simple. me and some random guy went through em all on veteran in 2 and a half hours.
    Survival mode is easy, just takes a while to level up to 50.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I say moderate because of the tedious survival mode quirks but other that I enjoyed the ride..
    Add me on Psn- Meil06

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Campaign was easy enough, I just made the mistake of going through it on hard first to enjoy it, which meant I had 2 subsequent runs (one on vet, another on easy to pick up intel and finish any mission related trophies), so I was sick of it by the end. That said, it only takes 4-5 hours to run through, I did everything I needed to do in a day and a bit.

Spec ops can be done by yourself, its not terribly difficult. Thankfully, a skilled guy from this site and I teamed up for the missions and survival and made short work of it. Survival, for the record, can b easily done solo, by the way. Only using the weapons dropped by enemies and abusing the hell out of turrets, flashbangs and BA (and a decent knowledge of the map) took me the mid 20's every time.

I'd give it a 2.5.

Crocodile Hunter

for the people who said this game is easy to get the plat you are full of shit....compared to MW2 its way harder

I am a CoD fan and I love all cods, campaign was easy yes but the plat requires you to do spec ops veteran AND survival and you have to get to round 15 on ALL maps.

this game is not a walk in the park and i dnt really care how easy you want to think it is and be tough by saying its easy. the fact is its not and way more time comsuming then MW2..... so for all the people out there who are curious bout this plat it is a lot harder and more time consuming then MW2.

and please understand what im saying before crying to me about it, im not saying its the hardest game out, im saying its harder than MW2 and BO and way more time consuming so therefore needs at least a moderate to hard rating....a 1-2.5 is just ridiculos

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    for the people who said this game is easy to get the plat you are full of shit....compared to MW2 its way harder

I am a CoD fan and I love all cods, campaign was easy yes but the plat requires you to do spec ops veteran AND survival and you have to get to round 15 on ALL maps.

this game is not a walk in the park and i dnt really care how easy you want to think it is and be tough by saying its easy. the fact is its not and way more time comsuming then MW2..... so for all the people out there who are curious bout this plat it is a lot harder and more time consuming then MW2.

and please understand what im saying before crying to me about it, im not saying its the hardest game out, im saying its harder than MW2 and BO and way more time consuming so therefore needs at least a moderate to hard rating....a 1-2.5 is just ridiculos
    I understand your post but remember not everyone have the same skill on this game or FPS genre overall, for me it's harder because the addition of Survival Mode and the new spec ops mission but overall you cannot complain, I'd say it's a 5 or 6 even though I havent earned the platinum, campaign was not the hardest
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post

I assume you had no friends to play it with then.

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    I understand your post but remember not everyone have the same skill on this game or FPS genre overall, for me it's harder because the addition of Survival Mode and the new spec ops mission but overall you cannot complain, I'd say it's a 5 or 6 even though I havent earned the platinum, campaign was not the hardest
    thats pretty much exactly what i said o.O....i said that its not as easy as people are saying it is and deserves a moderate to hard difficulty rating

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    I assume you had no friends to play it with then.
    no, its not very easy to find a good australian gamer so we dnt lag let alone find some1 with common trophy hunting games

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I would give it a 3.5 - the campaign was quite a breeze and the intell wasnt too bad but easily done with the guide. The survival missions wasnt a major problem but the spec ops were quite time consuming. If you have a permenant boosting partner fair enough but if you dont quite a mission to find players on veteran that are good.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I started for the first time playing campaign a little at a time 2 days ago and thought that it was going to be tough so i started playing it on hardened only to find that i was going through it fairly easy. my only problem is that i missed a few of the intels and i wish i started it on veteran.

The Grand Ray Legend

Very Easy

This game is soooo easy to plat, I borrowed this game from my friend for 4 weeks and i plat this game already, giving it back to him tomorrow lol. The only trophy that pissed me off was Nien, not because it was hard, it never came up, I did it like 15 times and it finally came up, overall it was fun to plat this game
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy and fun to do. maybe a 5 just because of the TIME required. Im not an expert but i managed to MOSTLY do it in about 35 hours, 20 for spec ops and 13 for campaign.

thats with about 15 minutes playing to buy the ONE weapon i needed. i loaded the very first survival and bought EVERY weapon starting with pisotles, then snipers then back up the list. except LMG as i already knew i had bought them all. turned out it was the first machine gun. but yeay platinum!!!!
    Last edited by blazing hellion; 01-06-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Easy - Veteran on this one is defo the easiest I've ever played. The only level that had me raging was 'Iron Lady' defending my boys in the car was really frustrating! Now the Spec OPs missions can be a bit challenging but they can be easily overcome with a trustworthy partner and determination. Hardest Spec Ops mission for me was 'Smacktown' thanks to that damn unforgiving helicopter sequence in the beginning. Getting to wave 15 on all the survival maps was easy. Just gotta learn the map layouts and make them work for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast