Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My thought on whats wrong with MW3 Multiplayer

This is a discussion on My thought on whats wrong with MW3 Multiplayer within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I feel the same as everyone commenting here >< It's like every killcam I have is some @$$hole proning in ...

Level 5 Esper

I feel the same as everyone commenting here >< It's like every killcam I have is some @$$hole proning in a corner somewhere and picking people (ie me ) off and calling in crazy air support.....

My only complain about the maps is that they all look so....blah...I mean sure it's WW3 and all but I wish there are one or two maps that look "pretty" (like Terminal in MW2 <3) lol perhaps there are but I just never played them yet lol correct me if I'm wrong ~~
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Ghost Assassin

I must be lucky, I always join a game with CoD impaired people. I always come in first place on my team with 20+ kills. Camping has gotten FAR worse now and I've played against a team before where they were all hiding behind blown-up cars and they had a sniper with an ACOG sight.

That brings me to my next point, snipers are always a one hit kill it seems. This sucks, because bitches with an ACOG scope get quickdraw and kill you before you can shoot the half of your clip required to kill them.

The knifing system is exactly the same. Whenever I jump over an enemy and they press R3, they automatically knife upwards between my legs which kills me.

My last problem with the multiplayer is the strange lag that results in enemies shooting the spot you were in before reaching cover and killing you. An example of this is when you start getting shot, you make it completely around a corner, but still get shot. In the kill cam you continue to see the hitmarker well after you ran around. I hope they can fix some of these issues.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I must be lucky, I always join a game with CoD impaired people. I always come in first place on my team with 20+ kills. Camping has gotten FAR worse now and I've played against a team before where they were all hiding behind blown-up cars and they had a sniper with an ACOG sight.

That brings me to my next point, snipers are always a one hit kill it seems. This sucks, because bitches with an ACOG scope get quickdraw and kill you before you can shoot the half of your clip required to kill them.

The knifing system is exactly the same. Whenever I jump over an enemy and they press R3, they automatically knife upwards between my legs which kills me.

My last problem with the multiplayer is the strange lag that results in enemies shooting the spot you were in before reaching cover and killing you. An example of this is when you start getting shot, you make it completely around a corner, but still get shot. In the kill cam you continue to see the hitmarker well after you ran around. I hope they can fix some of these issues.
    for the lag, disable the theatre mode and see if that helps

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    for the lag, disable the theatre mode and see if that helps
    Yes that does work but that still doesn't help host lag thought

The Bushiest Pig

My only problem is that ther aren't any maps like Wasteland from MW2.

Here are my thoughts about people that complain about campers (expecially MW3):

1. There are the people that just complain cause they got killed, c'mon we all do it once in a while.

2. The people that avidly complain about campers. If they are camping they should be easy to kill, especially on these MW3 maps. These are the people that are just too lazy to throw a grenade at the camper or flash and kill them.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post

1. There are the people that just complain cause they got killed, c'mon we all do it once in a while.

2. The people that avidly complain about campers. If they are camping they should be easy to kill, especially on these MW3 maps. These are the people that are just too lazy to throw a grenade at the camper or flash and kill them.
    Its not always that easy and if it was then there would be no campers

Me & Ming @ The Stash

That sounds like something a camper would say

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Crocodile Hunter

no these maps are harder to spot than black ops as there is more hiding spots...so no its not easy to kill a camper

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Let me start off by saying that I suck at COD. I've been playing since COD 4 and I've never had a KDR above 1. However, I love this game so I keep playing. I am a run n' gunner. I don't have the patience to sit still in a 10 minute match and wait for someone to run by my scope. I don't see how anyone can spend $60 for a game to sit in a corner 90% of the time.

With that said, I don't seem to mind campers as much as most. As a matter if fact, half if the fun is ferreting out these people and figuring out how to attack them. I'm not always successful, but on every single COD map, there is more than one entrance to an area. Identifying hotspots and where people tend to lay claymores when camping makes the game more engaging to me.

And not for nothing, camping is a legitimate military tactic.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I like MP, but the maps could be bigger. Plus, if you hate campers, play Kill Confirmed. lol. its only a matter of time before BF fanboys take over this thread. AKA Ps360
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Gaming since PONG !

i can say this and feel ok with it.... After playing SOCOM for what a decade now?? I will NEVER ... NEVER complain about campers .... might call em out while I'm playing i.e. "Fuckin camper in the corner by x" ... and Krazy_Destroyer thats what i thought till the last few days.. now usualy theres 2 or 3 guys sitting back picking pploff as the other 3 run for the tags

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    i can say this and feel ok with it.... After playing SOCOM for what a decade now?? I will NEVER ... NEVER complain about campers .... might call em out while I'm playing i.e. "Fuckin camper in the corner by x" ... and Krazy_Destroyer thats what i thought till the last few days.. now usualy theres 2 or 3 guys sitting back picking pploff as the other 3 run for the tags
    I've noticed that too

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Yea, the maps are shit, every map there are too many buildings with too many different ways to look out for. Deaths come out of no where. If you try running there's someone somewhere in one of the 50 corners hiding ready to kill you.

Stop making the maps so complicated. Stick with fairly symmetrical maps, with only a small elevation, 3 secondary buildings at most.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 1 - Bronze

First off i totally agree with the OP... and yes it is really hard to kill campers because there are little hiding spots ALL OVER THE PLACE here is a review i wrote.. and its good to see im not the only one complaining about some things!! but the ICON thing really makes me mad

first off im going to start by saying i am a call of duty fan i own 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 and i had my hardened edition pre ordered and i was pretty excited.. my main problem with this game is THE MAPS i have never seen such poor designed maps who ever made them should be fired on the spot!! no matter where u go u can get shot from 20 different ways and there are little camping spots all over the place and the DEATH STREAKS are absolutely stupid why put them back in the game There are way to many flanking routes way way to many...

Some maps running through a ally is like going through a maze a 6 foot wide ally u go in and to get out u make a right then a left and another right then a left again WTF. Seatown has a moment like that. Also there is way to many maps where u are in CQC more than half the maps ur going to be knifed or shooting at someone 10 feet away from you!! or there are stupid little hut's all over the place to obstruct your view that force u into CQC cuz u cant see more than 15 feet in front of you The maps PROMOTE camping because right when u step outside there are 100 different places u get shot from the map CARBON for example when u are at the bottom of the hill its impossible to check that many places before u go outside and the lighting sucks u can barely make out people in windows sometimes then other times there impossible to miss.. Also is it that hard to make the d**n objective icon disappear nothing is more rage inducing than to be playing a domination match and have someone run in between u and the flag... PS IW.. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SHOOT SOMEONE WHEN THERE IS A BIG RED OBJECTIVE BOX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TV OBSTRUCTING MY AIM.. BLOPS made them disappear why cant u?? Maps that made MW2 so great like FAVELA, HIGHRISE, KARACHI, SCRAPYARD, and SKIDROW, are non-existent in MW3

On the ps3 it takes 20 min to get into a game then when u get into one u get kicked out then get a server error then kicked out of the PSN or u get a ERROR OUT OF MEMORY 14 message.. {the memory error was recently fixed in the update but u still lose connection and get kicked out the lobby the logged off PSN quite often} making the game almost unplayable at the moment.. and if u ask me there is no reason absolutely no reason that elite should be down... really u had 2 years to make this service and just going by how many ppl bought BLOPS how could u have servers that could not handle the amount of people that logged in on DAY ONE!!! its really a surprise that millions of people bought MW3 to you beachhead.. WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS!! i cant believe i blew 100$ on this crap maybe im the moron here!! BUT IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! just for reference im not a bum at the game either my win ratio is over 2.00 and KDR around 1.80 over the last few games.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Kparks View Post
    Maps that made MW2 so great like FAVELA, HIGHRISE, KARACHI, SCRAPYARD, and SKIDROW, are non-existent in MW3
    I forgot about Favela & Karachi, I sure miss those maps

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Favela and highrise were some of my favorite maps well from MW2..thanks for reading my rant/vent/review/firstpost lol.... i wont be playing MW3 for a couple weeks but im going to keep it as its the only game i play. ill wait for it to get fixed

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Not gonna lie I liked ever map in COD4 apart from countdown (hate snipers)
    I enjoyed all non DLC maps on MW2.
    I liked all non DLC maps on Black Ops.
    I hate every map on MW3.
    Sums it up really.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

There's nothing wrong with the Multiplayer, just stop taking it seriously. People trying to get "good games" usually tend to be try hards, and at the end of the day no one gives a shit about your KDR. Just play it for what it is and go have fun, you'll enjoy it much more.

MW3 is the most fun I have had with a COD since COD4, but I do agree that the maps are kind of a buzzkill. That's why I cant wait for them to bring back some of the older maps.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah dude I feel you on that but I mainly got MW3 to play with friends whenever they're over and we're not doing anything so we can split screen it. Otherwise I'll probably be on BF3

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nuova View Post
    I agree, the first thing I said to my cousin was, "These maps seem really cramped."

Agreed.
    Compared to the previous CoD titles, there are too many obstacles in the way.
    Idk.. I regret buying Elite now.. but whatever.. what could i do.

I played online for a day, got to level 30.
    Next 2 days, I'm level 55 or around there.. and to be honest.. the only reason why i played it was because of friends.. but even they are not playing it as much as MW2 or even Black Ops.

Maybe it's just me, but CoD is FINALLY dying.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    at the end of the day no one gives a shit about your KDR. Just play it for what it is and go have fun, you'll enjoy it much more.
    Correct to an extent.
    I get tired of my team coming out positive with at least a 2.0 KDR in TDM, and we still lost because one random went 1/20+.

Pretty much why i'm not liking CoD as much..

As i said before, the friend factor plays a major role in why I play this certain FPS.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast