Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My thought on whats wrong with MW3 Multiplayer

This is a discussion on My thought on whats wrong with MW3 Multiplayer within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I've been noticing lately that fewer and fewer friends who are hardcore COD fans are trading in MW3 because of ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My thought on whats wrong with MW3 Multiplayer

I've been noticing lately that fewer and fewer friends who are hardcore COD fans are trading in MW3 because of the Multiplayer. I have also been disappointed with the Multiplayer experience and struggle to get a good game in when I play which is a shocker for me and most of you know how good I am since I won most of the COD Tournaments on this site. But everytime I play I notice the same underlying problem, The maps. All the maps are small to medium sized corridor driven maps which focus on high speed close range engagements. All points in any of the objective game modes have Multiple paths you can take making it hard to defend without watching all routes. This almost always leads to the person who gets the jump on the enemy getting the kill and almost always you get a kill and another enemy flanks from a different route and kills you. Where are the wasteland and derailed sized maps?? With there open avenues they were much easier to defend points and get long range kills and close range was limited to certain areas of the map. When I play MW3 every map feels like Shipment from COD4 to me and that I have to constantly keep moving to avoid death or get kills. I'm not gonna stop playing this game unless they release the same type of maps in the map packs but does anyone else feel this is with the problem. But yes this COD title has gotten the most hate from fans than any other COD title before so i feel like im not the only one who feels this way. What do you guys think?

PRO Member

Well. honestly I think the main reason they did this was to eliminate camping. In the larger, wide-open maps you have people that are hiding in a house or crouching in a corner. Making the maps like they did in MW3 takes away some of these opportunities for campers.

Sig by Bladia

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i think the small maps are to emphasize more on the gun play and less on killstreaks and stuff. i think the mp is fine. there are some connection problems and stuff but patches will soon arrive so the mp will be better and also there will be new maps soon so larger maps might arise

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thats the point of COD its quick paced, quick thinking and quick reactions. The small maps make for a more entertaining enviroment and game. It sounds like your more a BF3 type player where in my opinion maps are too big, games are too slow and competition is low. I played BF3 for a week and to be honest the vehicles is the only thing it has going for it. you can't run for a few seconds without someone hiding in a bush sniping you. I think your expectations are overly opposite what COD is. and b4 anyone says it I am not a fanboy.

Platinums - Toy Story 3, Assasin's Creed II, Need For Speed:Undercover, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Heavy Rain, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection,
    God of War III, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince, FIFA 12, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    , Infamous 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse

PSN(100%) - Machinarium

Working On - Borderlands (52%), Red Dead Redemption (38%).

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I see where you're coming from & I agree to a point. A lot of times in some of the smallest maps I get a kill then get killed. Which isn't a huge deal because I use the support package. With all the DLC that we're suppose be getting, I'm hopping like hell to get some of the MW2 maps, like Derail, Wasteland, Underpass, etc. Those maps are perfect for sniping or CQB.

And I don't know what's up with all the hate, I think it's pretty badass I thought Lag Ops was just bad

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 6 - Silver

yes, i feel the same about always getting flanked, it pisses me right off and the levels seem to make sniper rifles useless which sucks cos i love sniper rifles

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

So they made it harder for camping?

That's a lot of people gone straight away then.

Take away mic support and it might become bearable.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by danielmoran View Post
    Thats the point of COD its quick paced, quick thinking and quick reactions. The small maps make for a more entertaining enviroment and game. It sounds like your more a BF3 type player where in my opinion maps are too big, games are too slow and competition is low. I played BF3 for a week and to be honest the vehicles is the only thing it has going for it. you can't run for a few seconds without someone hiding in a bush sniping you. I think your expectations are overly opposite what COD is. and b4 anyone says it I am not a fanboy.
    No I prefer COD I've been playing that since the original on PC which probably only a handful of people on this site have ever played. And yes your post just made you look like a fan boy since you immediately brought up BF3 instead of comparing other COD titles....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    So they made it harder for camping?

That's a lot of people gone straight away then.

Take away mic support and it might become bearable.
    Quite the opposite now campers will resort back to corner camping which I have been seeing alot more

Crocodile Hunter

oh no the campers are still here unfortunately but yes i agree the maps are still shit and the fact that they can kill me with 2 bullets and i need a whole clip

Sig by Apokolypz

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    Quite the opposite now campers will resort back to corner camping which I have been seeing alot more
    I was thinking the same, most of my deaths are from punk ass campers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No I prefer COD I've been playing that since the original on PC which probably only a handful of people on this site have ever played. And yes your post just made you look like a fan boy since you immediately brought up BF3 instead of comparing other COD titles....
    I've never played COD on PC but I have played BOPs and MW2 and they both were good games for what they were. COD has been exposed to the masses thats why maps are smaller and camping is harder. who wants to play a game where someone hides and picks you off its just not appealing. In relation to BF3 i was just making the point that I have not played the series b4 and i decided to give it a go. campaign is average, vehicles are great, online just not competitive enough. If your asking me to give an opinion COD is a better overall experience but BF3 has its merits to your type of FPS gamer

Platinums - Toy Story 3, Assasin's Creed II, Need For Speed:Undercover, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Heavy Rain, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection,
    God of War III, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince, FIFA 12, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    , Infamous 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse

PSN(100%) - Machinarium

Working On - Borderlands (52%), Red Dead Redemption (38%).

Puns always intended.

Ah well, camping is always a factor i suppose, though in actual fact, when it's done right, it's called 'being stationary'

Just have to implement more ways of making it seem unrewarding, never an easy task but doable.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Ah well, camping is always a factor i suppose, though in actual fact, when it's done right, it's called 'being stationary'

Just have to implement more ways of making it seem unrewarding, never an easy task but doable.
    Well there is a difference when i played GB we use to practice something we called controlling a sector and you would basically pick a small portion of the map and patrol around it, which is technically camping but when the map is split in small sections that each team member is patrolling there own area it almost always lead to a win Lol but yeah people consider alot of stuff camping nowadays unless your constantly running your a camper apparently

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Well there is a difference when i played GB we use to practice something we called controlling a sector and you would basically pick a small portion of the map and patrol around it, which is technically camping but when the map is split in small sections that each team member is patrolling there own area it almost always lead to a win Lol but yeah people consider alot of stuff camping nowadays unless your constantly running your a camper apparently
    What I consider a camper, is a motherfucker holed up in a spot while ADSing & waiting for someone to come around a corner. I'll patrol an area like you said, briefly, with a bouncing beatty in spot & me constantly checking the chokepoints. Once I get tired I'll go walking/running the map, then get killed by a someone too scared to move around, aka a camper

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    What I consider a camper, is a motherfucker holed up in a spot while ADSing & waiting for someone to come around a corner. I'll patrol an area like you said, briefly, with a bouncing beatty in spot & me constantly checking the chokepoints. Once I get tired I'll go walking/running the map, then get killed by a someone too scared to move around, aka a camper
    Haha you pretty much described my every game COD experience lol

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
    Exact description FTW!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree, the first thing I said to my cousin was, "These maps seem really cramped."

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nuova View Post
    I agree, the first thing I said to my cousin was, "These maps seem really cramped."
    Yup exactly how i thought but my words were "Cluster Fuck" lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I noticed the massive camping too. Well if you can't beat them, join them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast