MW3 server issue, help appreciated

This is a discussion on MW3 server issue, help appreciated within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Right, to begin with: I have a wired connection to a NETGEAR DGN1000 router. ISP is AOL. I have NEVER ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

MW3 server issue, help appreciated

Right, to begin with:

I have a wired connection to a NETGEAR DGN1000 router. ISP is AOL.
    I have NEVER had any connectivity problems with any of my 60+ game collection.
    NOTHING has changed in my setup over the last 12 months.
    I would definitely consider myself computer literate, although the finer points of wireless networking do elude me.

I bought MW3, took it out of the box, tried to play it, could not connect to the servers. No biggie, I put it down to the fact that the servers were busy on the 1st day. 3 days later, my patience was starting to wear thin. I have emailed activision several times, they keep saying that it is because their servers are busy. I know for a fact that is bullshit, as over the last few days, I have visited my mothers house, and used her network, wired and unwired and it works flawlessly. One day I even went from my house to hers 4 times, and like clockwork, it worked at hers, not at mine.

I think it's got something to do with port forwarding, and even though my router is not that old, I have perused every menu and option and cannot find any tab or anything allowing me to do this. I don't see why I should have to, to be quite honest.

I feel a wee bit raped to not be able to play mw3 but be able to play mw2, or any other game perfectly well. I've got skyrim, dark souls and uncharted to keep me occupied in the meantime, but I didn't queue up for 2 hours at midnight in the freezing cold for shite like this.

Help would be appreciated please.
    Last edited by Slide Guitar Joe; 11-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Lvl 5 - Silver

Do your other games still work online? You should call AOL, they should be able to help u set up dmz/ port forwarding on that specific router. Or

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes every other game still works, it's an awesome connection, not even any lag on black ops, yeah I did google it, thats how I clocked on tho the port forwarding, doing though is another matter. I think I will call AOL. Another reason why this sucks: I have a few buddies in university right now, they are using communal wireless in their shared houses dorms etc, they won't even be able to access their router settings, and maybe their ISPs won't open the ports for them if they have the same prob as me. I am so pissed off with this game right now.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Lvl 5 - Silver

Sorry about the game, hope it works out for you The ISP can only guide you, you're gonna do the work..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks man. Lol I bet when I call AOL they get me to call Netgear. FML :0

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lol! No problem..