Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sells 12.3 Million Copies In Its First Week

This is a discussion on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sells 12.3 Million Copies In Its First Week within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Activision announced earlier last week that Modern Warfare 3 sold a massive 6.5 million copies on its first day. First ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sells 12.3 Million Copies In Its First Week

Activision announced earlier last week that Modern Warfare 3 sold a massive 6.5 million copies on its first day. First week sales are that it sold 12.3 million units.
    Although Activision is yet to make an official announcement on this, the data collated comes courtesy of VGChartz.
    Without a doubt, Modern Warfare 3 has become the single biggest launch in video game history. Over 7 million copies were for the Xbox 360 version of the game while 4.8 million were for the PS3 version.
    Battlefield 3 managed to sell 5 million copies on its first week on sale while other games don’t even scratch the surface of selling 12.3 million copies in their lifetime. With Christmas coming in just a few weeks, this number is sure to grow.
    Source: VGChartz
    12.3 million copies sold and by my own estimation almost 1'000 million dollars profit for Activision. So what do you think ?

Source: VGChartz.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I think the trolls will be coming to say how much CoD sucks & cry about it because their shitty game isn't selling as much & I say hooray for activision. People like playing what is pretty much the same game every year & goddamnit they deliver. Call of Duty is fun, so suck it bitches

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Regional Manager of War

Im happy for Infinity Ward and that is all, playing CoD 4 for 500+ hours on my 360 days were the best days ever!!! Not excited about the next CoD next year because it might be another treyarch game

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Im happy for Infinity Ward and that is all, playing CoD 4 for 500+ hours on my 360 days were the best days ever!!! Not excited about the next CoD next year because it might be another treyarch game
    I hear ya there. Both COD Treyarch games have glitched on me

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    I think the trolls will be coming to say how much CoD sucks & cry about it because their shitty game isn't selling as much & I say hooray for activision. People like playing what is pretty much the same game every year & goddamnit they deliver. Call of Duty is fun, so suck it bitches
    The fanboyism is strong in this one.

Anyway, I suppose it might be a good thing. But if they just keep adding barely noticeable changes over the next few installments, I wouldn't be surprised that the sales drop like a ton of bricks. They made all this money, imagine the shit they could put into the game now, that wasn't possible before.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    The fanboyism is strong in this one.
    You can say/write/think whatever the fuck you want, I don't care. I'm just stating the obvious that whenever someone posts something positive about CoD, the CoD haters come trolling.

дурак

You can say/write/think whatever the fuck you want, I don't care. I'm just stating the obvious that whenever someone posts something positive about CoD, the CoD haters come trolling.
    And just like a fanboy (which you clearly are) you focus on the negative instead of the positive. Re-read my post. I'm saying that the money they made from this game could be put towards improving the next installment (After Treyarch makes one next year). So much money was made, It could be used for endless amounts of improvement. I could give a shit less if you want to buy the same game over and over and over again, but I'm just saying, you should always want constant improvement in your favorite games.

Oh and stop making CoD fans look like the victims in this shit, you guys do the same thing with Battlefield fans. Even if both sides are childish. And YES, Battlefield fans are asses too.

End of convo.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    And just like a fanboy (which you clearly are) you focus on the negative instead of the positive. Re-read my post. I'm saying that the money they made from this game could be put towards improving the next installment (After Treyarch makes one next year). So much money was made, It could be used for endless amounts of improvement. I could give a shit less if you want to buy the same game over and over and over again, but I'm just saying, you should always want constant improvement in your favorite games.

Oh and stop making CoD fans look like the victims in this shit, you guys do the same thing with Battlefield fans. Even if both sides are childish. And YES, Battlefield fans are asses too.

End of convo.
    Ya whatever dude, I'm not arguing with you anymore.

Death is Awaiting....

All i see is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kiwi Defender

First of all, based on previous experiences, I don't find VGChartz data to be reliable, but whatever. The real problem here is, with numbers that high, how can we hope Activision won't keep rehashing the same shit, and tools like bush (no offense bush) won't stop buying them?

Ya whatever dude, I'm not arguing with you anymore.
    Translation: "Yeah dude, you are right, so I'll avoid looking like a bigger fanboy and drop the conversation."

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Crocodile Hunter

and this my friends is why there is an annual CoD whether you like it or not hahaha

Sig by Apokolypz

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    First of all, based on previous experiences, I don't find VGChartz data to be reliable, but whatever. The real problem here is, with numbers that high, how can we hope Activision won't keep rehashing the same shit, and tools like bush (no offense bush) won't stop buying them?

Translation: "Yeah dude, you are right, so I'll avoid looking like a bigger fanboy and drop the conversation."
    You call me a tool and expect me to take no offense :stare:

I like them because they have a good SP, fun co-op, and an addicting MP. They are also very easy to get used to. You won't have to spend hours until you are used to it.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    You call me a tool and expect me to take no offense :stare:
    Guess that's asking too much ?

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Crocodile Hunter

i am one of thoese people who will buy a cod every year, my 1st online game was Black Ops and then MW3(own all the CoDs now) and i love it, with all its flaws and the same shit every year i still enjoy playing to take my mind off things (work etc) to relax....anyone who dnt like that or laughs i dnt really care, im here for me not you and i enjoy it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 7 - Gold

Woo-Hoo, look at the anger on this thread already!! One thing is certain, the mere mention of CoD brings out the worst in people.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    i am one of thoese people who will buy a cod every year, my 1st online game was Black Ops and then MW3(own all the CoDs now) and i love it, with all its flaws and the same shit every year i still enjoy playing to take my mind off things (work etc) to relax....anyone who dnt like that or laughs i dnt really care, im here for me not you and i enjoy it

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Woo-Hoo, look at the anger on this thread already!! One thing is certain, the mere mention of CoD brings out the worst in people.
    Only because people in here come in and make fun of players/the game and name call and make us CoD likers mad *looks at Nagflar*.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Only because people in here come in and make fun of players/the game and name call and make us CoD likers mad *looks at Nagflar*.
    Wasn't aware you really cared about some dude on the internet calling you a tool. I'll be careful to not hurt your feelings next time, little Timmy .

Toggle Spoiler

The One and Only

Even though I'm not as much of a fan of CoD, I'm still happy for Activision for their success. Hopefully they come out with a new franchise that becomes just as successful on the next generation consoles.

Now I'm wondering if the next Call of Duty game next year will be just as successful

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Even though I'm not as much of a fan of CoD, I'm still happy for Activision for their success. Hopefully they come out with a new franchise that becomes just as successful on the next generation consoles.

Now I'm wondering if the next Call of Duty game next year will be just as successful
    They already did Dare, you remember Skylanders

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast