Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MW3 1.04 Patch - DO NOT DOWNLOAD

This is a discussion on MW3 1.04 Patch - DO NOT DOWNLOAD within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Thread closed, sod all anyone can do here, it seems. My problem is (probably) fixed, my acquaintances have to ring ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

MW3 1.04 Patch - DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Thread closed, sod all anyone can do here, it seems.

My problem is (probably) fixed, my acquaintances have to ring up helplines, sadly. They're screwed
    Last edited by Hysteria; 11-22-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

not for me, im playing with friends right now. i decided to go on PS3T during the lobby wait...
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    not for me, im playing with friends right now. i decided to go on PS3T during the lobby wait...
    Oh really? Every person i'm in contact with (bar 1 lucky sod) can't do shit!

I'm especially surprised you can actually do parties....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Doesn't it force you to download it in order to play online?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    So yeah, just this morning this new patch came up.

Being the impatient prat I am I went ahead with it and then Googled it during to see what it was.

Big mistake.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD this under any circumstances.

The multiplayer is now practically unplayable, you can't join a match, and just trying to leave the MP menu will freeze your PS3. God knows what else has been done, the whole update was about 21 MB.

I'm not even kidding, this is a frickin' downgrade, avoid at all costs.

Shit joke. All works fine, even noticed less lag. Ignore this noobie
    Good luck.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I've had no probs since downloading this update. .

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

#hashtag

Being the impatient prat I am I went ahead with it and then Googled it during to see what it was.

Big mistake.

The multiplayer is now practically unplayable, you can't join a match, and just trying to leave the MP menu will freeze your PS3. God knows what else has been done, the whole update was about 21 MB.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    TROLOLOLOLOL

I'm surprised you people are fine with it, meanwhile a fair bloody few are getting bitchslapped here :/

I can only assume that's why they note where to go to Open your NAT Type (to a link that doesn't even exist, funnily enough), bastards.

Prayer Warrior

Big mistake.

well you can't play online anyway if you don't download the update cause it's mandatory to play online to download all updates.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The Bushiest Pig

TROLOLOLOLOL

I'm surprised you people are fine with it, meanwhile a fair bloody few are getting bitchslapped here :/

I can only assume that's why they note where to go to Open your NAT Type (to a link that doesn't even exist, funnily enough), bastards.
    I may actually know what the problem is here, something like this happened to me after downloading a BF3 patch. After downloading a BF3 patch I was unable to correctly play the Campaign, it couldn't get past teh opening scene even after I let it sit for an hour. After calling Sony (and about an 1 hour later) he came to the conclusion that the patch didn't download correctly/corrupted while downloading. The only way for me to fix the problem is to hook my PS3 to my Router via an Ethernet Cable to download the patch correctly. Something with the Firewall isn't letting me download it right. So this may be your problem here.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I may actually know what the problem is here, something like this happened to me after downloading a BF3 patch. After downloading a BF3 patch I was unable to correctly play the Campaign, it couldn't get past teh opening scene even after I let it sit for an hour. After calling Sony (and about an 1 hour later) he came to the conclusion that the patch didn't download correctly/corrupted while downloading. The only way for me to fix the problem is to hook my PS3 to my Router via an Ethernet Cable to download the patch correctly. Something with the Firewall isn't letting me download it right. So this may be your problem here.
    Thanks muchly, i'll give this a whirl.

Although, during this time, I tried to delete some other Game Utility Data, and of course it doesn't bother at all, and said data becomes corrupted and it doesn't let me delete that either, so i'm stuck with Corrupted Data too, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well you can't play online anyway if you don't download the update cause it's mandatory to play online to download all updates.
    Well, believe it or not;

I accidentally ignored this prompt as soon as I stated the game, and it DIDN'T sign me out. I didn't acually try to play online though, I restarted the game again to do it.

.......ugh

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

The update didn't work for this guy, and he's trying to warn others, so why are people hating.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    The update didn't work for this guy, and he's trying to warn others, so why are people hating.
    My thoughts exactly. If your patch worked fine then there's no reason to flame this guy. He's just stating what happened.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

I agree if someone has a problem lets find solutions not abuse the guy lol, for me ive had no problems after the patch, hope ya get sorted mate.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by trolladventure View Post
    This isn't surprising, what's surprising is the fact that they're taking this serious. I figured as much when the released a patch for Modern Warfare 2 (well after Black Ops was released). Glad to see they're working on this.

PRO Member

its already been stated but.. shitty update or not if you choose not to install it you can't play online anyways

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I downloaded update 1.04 and it gets to 14% installed, then stops and says " An error occured during the install operation (80029564)" What do I do! I can't play online.

Crocodile Hunter

its working fine for me HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well, in the end for me, I don't know what the problem was.

BUT, earlier, I had dropped my PS3 (on its side, no doubt) and that seems to have taken it's toll during this whole process, coinciding with the fact the patch was playing me up like a motherfucker.

So my disc drive went awkward at wouldn't do ANYTHING on MW3, but I tried another game and yadda yadda yadda, now MW3 is for some bloody reason working fine now.

I hope everyone else got out of this alright, it's a bastard of a patch for the people I know (and seen) who are getting pissed on by it.

BY THE WAY, I deleted my Game Utility Data (the install is 78MB), and no matter what, I haven't been able to re-download it? The only data for MW3 that is on GUD is the patch 1.04, LITERALLY JUST THAT. No data from earlier patches or the game itself, yet the game functions normally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast